shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluemuse, I have never seen that pottery before but I love the colors!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
@Bluemuse, I have never seen that pottery before but I love the colors!

Thanks @YadaYadaYada!
I seem to come across it pretty frequently.
I just saw a piece yesterday that I passed on. You might start noticing it more now that you’ve seen some here.
I like the colors and the playful patterns and shapes. Plus my partial Italian heritage must drawn me to it as well. Lol
And the mid century vibe also.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, sterling is not magnetic but damn girl it's drawn to you like it is! It cleaned up so nicely too :kiss2:

Sister, I just look for the marks on the bottom. Funny how so many people don't think to do that!
I'm glad I took a 'before' photo. The transformation really is amazing!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm probably going to sell these because I don't have any lamp shades! I will keep the flower/snowflake one though. I do think these are vintage and thought mid-century when I bought them so we will go with that =)2

I can attest to the fact that they make a Christmas tree absolutely fabulous!!! All that added prismatic sparkle!! (If you decide to sell them...please let me know if you don't mind.)

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know it's not jewelry or art, but here in the U.S. I'm sure some of you have heard about the canning supply shortage. Very few canning jars or lids to be found in stores.

I found these yesterday at a thrift store, the same one where I found a large box of jars just before the pandemic ramped up into high gear and we all had to stay home. This was all for my sister, the one who cans all the good garden preserves that she shares with me. Come to think of it, food preservation is an art.
IMG_7874.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB, oh I didn't think of ornaments!

I've been thinking about this and I'm considering using these to make ornaments with some special ones made for the "hauler ladies". That way everyone who wanted would have some sparkle for their holiday.

What do you guys think?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB, I love any vintage finds so I personally think it's cool that you found those canning jars, had no idea there was a shortage either.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB, oh I didn't think of ornaments!

I've been thinking about this and I'm considering using these to make ornaments with some special ones made for the "hauler ladies". That way everyone who wanted would have some sparkle for their holiday.

What do you guys think?

I use prisms that I have found at estate sales or taken off old chandeliers on my Christmas tree and they sparkle like diamonds......what could be better???

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB, I love any vintage finds so I personally think it's cool that you found those canning jars, had no idea there was a shortage either.

Canning jars have to be ordered and stores can't keep them on the shelves. My sister is hoarding some for next year, although it will probably be like the hand sanitizer and toilet tissue....it'll be back on the shelves like nothing happened.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canning jars have to be ordered and stores can't keep them on the shelves. My sister is hoarding some for next year, although it will probably be like the hand sanitizer and toilet tissue....it'll be back on the shelves like nothing happened.

This is interesting because the company I work for represents both Ball and Kerr, and this is the first I'm hearing about a shortage.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She o
This is interesting because the company I work for represents both Ball and Kerr, and this is the first I'm hearing about a shortage.
She ordered her last supply via Farmer’s Supply and they were shipped from New York. They were almost literally flying off store shelves as soon as stock came in. It was unreal. Ball and Kerr surely had a banner year.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's thrift store find:
Amber and turquoise five strand necklace from Jay King, $8.00
It's really not my style, but I might grow to like it!
IMG_20200924_135929691.jpg IMG_20200924_135849881.jpg IMG_20200924_140216446.jpg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Today's thrift store find:
Amber and turquoise five strand necklace from Jay King, $8.00
It's really not my style, but I might grow to like it!
IMG_20200924_135929691.jpg IMG_20200924_135849881.jpg IMG_20200924_140216446.jpg

Oh I love it! Imagine that with a sundress and a pair of sling backs! Woot!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's a necklace @stracci2000, like PreRaph said this just screams summer to me. Although I could easily see this with some fall colors too. Really pretty.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's a necklace @stracci2000, like PreRaph said this just screams summer to me. Although I could easily see this with some fall colors too. Really pretty.

I wore it this afternoon and it made my neck hot!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore it this afternoon and it made my neck hot!

Huh, see I don't wear a lot of necklaces but it is a lot of necklace so maybe that's why, it's still a great look, maybe as inventory for the shop ;)2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's finds. The first necklace being modeled by our son I almost left behind but when I turned it over found it was stamped Weiss!

Watch chain, the dog clip is magnetic but the links are not so I'll have my jeweler check this out

Tiniest Aurora Borealis cluster earrings

IMG_9551.JPG IMG_9553.JPG IMG_9554.JPG IMG_9555.JPG

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm probably going to sell these because I don't have any lamp shades! I will keep the flower/snowflake one though. I do think these are vintage and thought mid-century when I bought them so we will go with that =)2

@YadaYadaYada I collect them and hang them on my Bling Christmas tree! I would have snatched some up!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my rings back from the jeweler today all sized so here are some handshots, this is how I will wear them =)2

IMG_9570.JPG IMG_9574.JPG IMG_9575.JPG

Fabulous! The sapphire is awesome!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 thanks, yes that blue is amazing huh? The jeweler was like "you know these are synthetic right?"

:roll2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did they look to you? I usually look for zoning in sapphires.
But lack of zoning in small stones is not unusual.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What? Really? Oh no........
Did he test them?

No, he just "knows" I take him with a grain of salt, he is just one who always has to be right and knows it all.

Not sure if I ever shared that when I first started going to him he told me he makes all his own settings by hand. So he gave me a setting out of the safe to take home and try out. You know it had the Stuller "S" on the inside of the band?!

I go back to him to return it and I don't say anything about the setting but on a subsequent visit I asked if he could order a setting from Stuller for my spinel and he was shocked and said:

"How do you know about Stuller". This is not something you should know about but as long as it's between us...."

Like this guy, the elevator doesn't go to the top floor, I don't even know if it moves at all! :lol-2:

ETA: I think they are lab but I bought the ring with that in mind, if they turn out to be the real deal down the line then great!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, he just "knows" I take him with a grain of salt, he is just one who always has to be right and knows it all.

Not sure if I ever shared that when I first started going to him he told me he makes all his own settings by hand. So he gave me a setting out of the safe to take home and try out. You know it had the Stuller "S" on the inside of the band?!

I go back to him to return it and I don't say anything about the setting but on a subsequent visit I asked if he could order a setting from Stuller for my spinel and he was shocked and said:

"How do you know about Stuller". This is not something you should know about but as long as it's between us...."

Like this guy, the elevator doesn't go to the top floor, I don't even know if it moves at all! :lol-2:

ETA: I think they are lab but I bought the ring with that in mind, if they turn out to be the real deal down the line then great!

Haha! How dare you know about Stuller!
I have several Stuller settings, and they are good quality.
I find it funny that most of us PSers know more than the "professionals"

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! How dare you know about Stuller!
I have several Stuller settings, and they are good quality.
I find it funny that most of us PSers know more than the "professionals"

Right? I was like this guy......what is his deal. Here is another tidbit, when he works on certain gemstones sensitive to heat he packs them in a paste made of asbestos :oops2:

He claims this is an old school way of doing things (obviously very illegal) Maybe that explains why he is such a loon.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
he packs them in a paste made of asbestos :oops2:

Yes, very old timey!
Guess what I use........
Wet toilet paper. Yes, you read this right.
Wrapping with wet, packed toilet paper will protect stones and other parts of the piece from heat, while soldering.
An old jeweler told me about this! It really works.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results