shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at what arrived from the U.K. this morning! Just a couple quick shots before I dropped her at the jeweler. I plan on wearing her on my index finger.

@natasha-cupcake, it was my favorite too ;)2

IMG_9506.JPG IMG_9509.JPG

I was going to guess the diamond flower ring!
But with the math equations and all the cipherin', I lost my train of thought........

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to guess the diamond flower ring!
But with the math equations and all the cipherin', I lost my train of thought........

Any good finds so far this weekend? The church down the street had their annual tag sale but I am trying not to bring more stuff in my house. I just donated a ton to Goodwill =)2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any good finds so far this weekend? The church down the street had their annual tag sale but I am trying not to bring more stuff in my house. I just donated a ton to Goodwill =)2

I am, as we speak, having a yard sale to get rid of all the junk I have collected this past year.
DH's dad gave us a bunch of junk.
Now we have to sell our junk to make room for his junk!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, I thought you’d go for that one. It’s looks lovely :kiss2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada
Church sales are so great for finding hidden gold!
I woulda been first in line!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Austina, it's really perfect for what I was looking for.

@stracci2000, I would have been more motivated if DH wasn't working, he literally just got home.

Lots of luck for your yard sale, I hope you make a good chunk of change off it!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I see you from across the thrift store isle and my heart skips a beat...could it be? The glaze appears to be nicely uneven with visible brush strokes, the deeply impressed hand stamped geometric designs, the muddled shades of blues and greens...it looks like MC Aldo Mondo pottery. OMG there is a lamp too!! I need to get closer, I need to run my fingers over your texture and take a look at your bottom. I know, this is moving so fast...too fast? Yet I can not help myself...you may be the pottery of my dreams!!

F9E3EA5A-8D5A-4EFF-8332-7CEE0FBC3A10.jpeg

Oh, but you are not as you appear. You are fake. You are a poser. Still nice pottery and we can be friends....but nothing more.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see you from across the thrift store isle and my heart skips a beat...could it be? The glaze appears to be nicely uneven with visible brush strokes, the deeply impressed hand stamped geometric designs, the muddled shades of blues and greens...it looks like MC Aldo Mondo pottery. OMG there is a lamp too!! I need to get closer, I need to run my fingers over your texture and take a look at your bottom. I know, this is moving so fast...too fast? Yet I can not help myself...you may be the pottery of my dreams!!

Oh, but you are not as you appear. You are fake. You are a poser. Still nice pottery and we can be friends....but nothing more.

Tell me more about this pottery. I don't know anything about Italian pottery and what to look for.
Is it Aldo Londi? I couldn't find Aldo Mondo online anywhere.
I should be looking for this stuff.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
@stracci2000 Oh goodness yes, Aldo Londi... I keep getting weird auto corrects. Also it always types Jenny when I type Kenny....my SIL. Every time. And I don’t know anyone named Jenny, lol. Yeah this is still mid century made but the bottom isn’t finished right and the marking is a bit off so it’s an imposter. Still heavy pottery and I like color and the design.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at what arrived from the U.K. this morning! Just a couple quick shots before I dropped her at the jeweler. I plan on wearing her on my index finger.

@natasha-cupcake, it was my favorite too ;)2

IMG_9506.JPG IMG_9509.JPG

Love love love!! I adore the bypass in YG on you and the stones look so bright and lively. What a great find! And I just love that you’re branching out and curating a wardrobe of different-finger rings. Also, your ering looks divine!! Enjoy!!! Great find!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Slick1, I can't take all the credit, I have an IG friend who helps me out ;)2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada
You haven't given us the deets on this new flower ring.............

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 Indont have a lot of info but the diamonds were sold to me as old mine cuts at 39 points. The setting is 18K with a platinum head.

These daisy rings are so expensive, maybe because they originate from the U.K. This one wasn't too bad but I see some of these style well under half a carat spread over seven diamonds for $600-$700 :oops2:

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
My

I would have been drawn as well to these like a moth to flame lol I didn’t realize there were fakes out there, but with their appeal and prices I’m not too surprised.
I’m a big fan of Italian pottery and especially Aldo Londi pieces. I have a collection of mostly the blue/green and some orange pieces. The beautiful glazes, colors and patterns just draw me in.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 Indont have a lot of info but the diamonds were sold to me as old mine cuts at 39 points. The setting is 18K with a platinum head.

These daisy rings are so expensive, maybe because they originate from the U.K. This one wasn't too bad but I see some of these style well under half a carat spread over seven diamonds for $600-$700 :oops2:
It's so pretty. I bet it is crazy sparkly!
I guess that hankerin' for a daisy ring a while ago just never went away!
It happens to me all the time!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 it packs a punch for little diamonds. Had to have a daisy, thankfully this one is miles better than the first one, of course much smaller. I'd rather have a small white sparkly daisy than a larger one with brown diamonds and eye visible inclusions :sick:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
My

I would have been drawn as well to these like a moth to flame lol I didn’t realize there were fakes out there, but with their appeal and prices I’m not too surprised.
I’m a big fan of Italian pottery and especially Aldo Londi pieces. I have a collection of mostly the blue/green and some orange pieces. The beautiful glazes, colors and patterns just draw me in.

I’m going to go back and do a little bit more work because I found the same vase on a reputable site with the same bottom and markings as mine...sold for for a lot more than a fake should have! Maybe I got lucky after all...?

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I’m going to go back and do a little bit more work because I found the same vase on a reputable site with the same bottom and markings as mine...sold for for a lot more than a fake should have! Maybe I got lucky after all...?

They looked pretty convincing to me.
They would be a great score if they’re authentic!
I find that the bottom markings are variable. Some bottoms are glazed and etched with a signature and number,
while others are the base terra-cotta and stamped. If you’re lucky you get a Rosenthal Netter lable still attached.
9C509848-CAAD-4D43-B963-8AFD9062C00A.jpeg

These are a few pieces from my collection.
The dove on the gold pedestal is from Aldo Londi Cinese series. It’s rare to find and pricey if you do.
All mine have come from flea markets, thrift shops and a few from antique shops.
29C6D4B8-CA02-4530-BF58-55733CFD99F1.jpeg

The second photo shows a bunch grouped together. I only display a few at a time in any given space.
Good luck on your hunt!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stopped at a yard sale today and found a sterling candle holder for fifty cents. The seller had no idea it was sterling, even though it is clearly marked in the bottom.
Before and after the polishing.
IMG_20200921_163218.jpg IMG_20200921_163921.jpg IMG_20200921_163958.jpg

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
They looked pretty convincing to me.
They would be a great score if they’re authentic!
I find that the bottom markings are variable. Some bottoms are glazed and etched with a signature and number,
while others are the base terra-cotta and stamped. If you’re lucky you get a Rosenthal Netter lable still attached.
9C509848-CAAD-4D43-B963-8AFD9062C00A.jpeg

These are a few pieces from my collection.
The dove on the gold pedestal is from Aldo Londi Cinese series. It’s rare to find and pricey if you do.
All mine have come from flea markets, thrift shops and a few from antique shops.
29C6D4B8-CA02-4530-BF58-55733CFD99F1.jpeg

The second photo shows a bunch grouped together. I only display a few at a time in any given space.
Good luck on your hunt!

Oh what a nice collection!!! I wonder if you might take a look at the markings and give me your opinion? Unfortunately no labels.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I stopped at a yard sale today and found a sterling candle holder for fifty cents. The seller had no idea it was sterling, even though it is clearly marked in the bottom.
Before and after the polishing.
IMG_20200921_163218.jpg IMG_20200921_163921.jpg IMG_20200921_163958.jpg

Well she cleans up well!! Great find!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a nice collection!!! I wonder if you might take a look at the markings and give me your opinion? Unfortunately no labels.

Yes! I want to see the markings too. Sometimes I see these kinds of things in the thrift stores. I need to know what marks to look for!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock

Sure, I’d be happy to. Do you have photos of them?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, sterling is not magnetic but damn girl it's drawn to you like it is! It cleaned up so nicely too :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results