shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It might also be Aurora glass although I haven't found an example in a bracelet.

Wait, spoke to soon, how about this....looks close I think:

IMG_9471.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada
On Friday we went to my antique mall to straighten up and add a few new things.
The lady who runs the booth across the aisle from mine always has really cool things. That day there was a pretty smoke colored glass perfume bottle with a stopper, probably from the 1940s. It was only $6.00, so I grabbed it.
I took it to the counter, and while I was busy looking at my booth paperwork, they rang it up and sent off with the customer who was ahead of me! . Gahhh!
He was buying a lot of items, I guess. They said he was a regular customer, so I hope he returns it!
I am still annoyed about it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What?! He just bought it even though he didn't bring it up?? That is so strange! I will send thoughts that he will bring it back so you can buy it. People are strange. @stracci2000

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What?! He just bought it even though he didn't bring it up?? That is so strange! I will send thoughts that he will bring it back so you can buy it. People are strange. @stracci2000

I think he had items on the "hold table" and I had this bottle off to the side.
But someone wrapped and bagged it all up for him and somehow, my bottle got in there.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he had items on the "hold table" and I had this bottle off to the side.
But someone wrapped and bagged it all up for him and somehow, my bottle got in there.

Where is the dislike button when you need it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, time for what's in the box!

IMG_9462.JPG

Oh it looks like trays of vintage Swarovski Austrian crystals!!!!

IMG_9480.JPG

The teardrops:
IMG_9481.JPG

The rounds:
IMG_9483.JPG

And one snowflake?
IMG_9484.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, time for what's in the box!

IMG_9462.JPG

Oh it looks like trays of vintage Swarovski Austrian crystals!!!!

IMG_9480.JPG

The teardrops:
IMG_9481.JPG

The rounds:
IMG_9483.JPG

And one snowflake?
IMG_9484.JPG

Gasp!!! I never would have guessed!
What are you gonna do with them?
You could put dangles on all your lampshades.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just read that they used that Edelweiss flower logo till 1988.
Obviously your set is older than that, maybe 1960s?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm probably going to sell these because I don't have any lamp shades! I will keep the flower/snowflake one though. I do think these are vintage and thought mid-century when I bought them so we will go with that =)2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra, it's fun to look even if you don't find anything. So many neat things, it's especially nice when you go to a big antique center with aisles of this and that. So fun!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada Yes, I love the window shopping. We're actually going back to one of the malls today looking for cabinet hardware and a few other things. My daughter actually made a list to keep us on track. Things we passed on that need a re-check. Hopefully no one is there, lol. Social distancing means 1 person per booth so it was hard the other day.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went back to the thrift shop that has the bagged jewelry.
I bought a bag of junky looking stuff, because I
I could see sterling in there.
1600313407091-1385103175.jpg
Score! A big bracelet! It's chunky and weighs in at 49.3 grams of sterling! Yay!
And the bonus was a 14k chain!

IMG_20200916_212016.jpg IMG_20200916_211933089.jpg
IMG_20200916_210141838.jpg

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I would keep going back too, you are finding some serious treasure there, it must be so thrilling to open a bag and find good stuff!

Love both, I would wear that bracelet for sure!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of these is on its way to me but you'll have to wait to find out which one :Up_to_something:

Photo credit to Old Darling Antiques
IMG_9479.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a favorite among these....

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Share with the group!

I'll put it in the form of a riddle. Try to see if you can narrow it down to my favorite:

Hint #1 Prime number

Hint #2 If you subtract one, it's no longer a prime number

HInt #3 After subtracting the one,-find the mean.. Then eliminate the ring that is the exact equal of the mean, if you added back the one.

Hint #4 Add back the one to the remaining three rings. Then eliminate the one that's half the difference between the other two
Hint #5 Subtract the squares of the remaining two rings. Then subtract the total of all four original rings.

Hint #6 My favorite is one less than the number you got in Hint #5.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll put it in the form of a riddle. Try to see if you can narrow it down to my favorite:

Hint #1 Prime number

HInt #3 After subtracting the one,-find the mean.. Then eliminate the ring that is the exact equal of the mean, if you added back the one.

Hint #4 Add back the one to the remaining three rings. Then eliminate the one that's half the difference between the other two
Hint #5 Subtract the squares of the remaining two rings. Then subtract the total of all four original rings.

No math questions! I thought we addressed this in the other thread....!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock

Hint #1 Prime number

some-math.png

After my lack of calculations I have concluded that your ring is the top right corner one.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
okay I have a question (this is probably a stupid question too). Is the prime number we are starting with one of the numbers of a ring or is it a higher prime number to get us down to a number between 1 and 4? :confused:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and son say there is not enough information to solve Natasha's riddle. My son's girlfriend also said there is not enough information to find the mean.

I'm going to have some wine now!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So, it's all based on the number of stones in each ring. Top left-has 7, top right has 3, bottom left has 5 and bottom right has 1.

Hint #1 All are prime numbers. None of the rings are eliminated.

HInt #2 Subtract one stone from each and all are no longer prime numbers (even zero, about which some mathematicians like to argue). None are eliminated.

Hint #3 After subtracting the one, the rings have 6, 2, 4 and 0 stones. The mean of the four is now 3 (12 divided by 4) which is equal to the top right if you added back the one. So top right is eliminated.

Hint #4 Adding back the one to the other three gives you 7, 5 and 1 stones. Subtracting the 5 from the 7 gives you 2, which is twice 1 (same as saying 1 is half of 2), so that eliminates the bottom right.

Hint #5 The square of 7 is 49 and the square of 5 is 25. Subtracting 25 from 49 leaves you with 24. The total stones in all four rings was 16, so 24-16=8.

Hint #6 One less than 8 is 7. So, my favorite is the top left.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wall:

I went to summer school for math, maybe I should have stayed longer!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at what arrived from the U.K. this morning! Just a couple quick shots before I dropped her at the jeweler. I plan on wearing her on my index finger.

@natasha-cupcake, it was my favorite too ;)2

IMG_9506.JPG IMG_9509.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results