shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

ChickityChicken

Rough_Rock
I am envious and entertained by this whole 47 paged long thread. I come back to it regularly and silently cheer for the owners of all the neat things they have newly acquired.
Today I took a stroll to a neighbor's estate sale. The husband had his late wife's jewelry on three tables and separated by room. I snagged two pieces of jewelry from the costume jewelry room for $3 each. One is just a silver (maybe glass) station necklace that I love. The orange and white peices are more translucent with swirls inside of the same color. The black is solid. I have been looking for a beaded necklace that looks dainty and substantial and well made. I like random colors btw. So this necklace was perfect and weighty. The second item was a pair of hoops. At first glance I thought they were glass hoops, and noticed the gold parts looked nice for costume jewelry and closed and opened snugly. I had my prescription sunglasses on so I couldn't really make out the markings clearly. When I got them home and further inspected them I saw the 14k stamp on them. They are cold to the touch so I don't think they are glass, maybe dyed amber or even dyed jade?? Whatever they are, I love them! They are heavy and the perfect size. I would not wear them to gether btw. 20200905_122152[1].jpg set2.jpg set3.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am envious and entertained by this whole 47 paged long thread. I come back to it regularly and silently cheer for the owners of all the neat things they have newly acquired.
Today I took a stroll to a neighbor's estate sale. The husband had his late wife's jewelry on three tables and separated by room. I snagged two pieces of jewelry from the costume jewelry room for $3 each. One is just a silver (maybe glass) station necklace that I love. The orange and white peices are more translucent with swirls inside of the same color. The black is solid. I have been looking for a beaded necklace that looks dainty and substantial and well made. I like random colors btw. So this necklace was perfect and weighty. The second item was a pair of hoops. At first glance I thought they were glass hoops, and noticed the gold parts looked nice for costume jewelry and closed and opened snugly. I had my prescription sunglasses on so I couldn't really make out the markings clearly. When I got them home and further inspected them I saw the 14k stamp on them. They are cold to the touch so I don't think they are glass, maybe dyed amber or even dyed jade?? Whatever they are, I love them! They are heavy and the perfect size. I would not wear them to gether btw. 20200905_122152[1].jpg set2.jpg set3.jpg

I think all the stones in both pieces are jade.
The necklace is probably sterling. There should be a mark on the clasp.

The earrings may be two colors of dyed jade, bonded together. Is there a seam?
Since they are 14k I would expect them to be jade.
No kidding, I think you need to go back to the estate sale and look for more treasure.
These pieces are really nice!
Great haul!

ChickityChicken

Rough_Rock
I think all the stones in both pieces are jade.
The necklace is probably sterling. There should be a mark on the clasp.

The earrings may be two colors of dyed jade, bonded together. Is there a seam?
Since they are 14k I would expect them to be jade.
No kidding, I think you need to go back to the estate sale and look for more treasure.
These pieces are really nice!
Great haul!
[/QUOTE
The necklace is stamped 925. I cannot make out a seam between the colors on the earrings. I am thrilled to have them though. The poor elderly man's wilfe passed. His daughter told me she went on a buying spree. She did have like 9 Invitica watches and a few Citizen watches that were going for no more than $15 each. If I ever wore watches I would have picked some up. She had a super dainty wrists, by the looks of her herringbone 14k yellow gold bracelets. She also had many modern looking well made sliver elaborate choker length necklaces that might have just been short necklaces on her. All nice stuff.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ChickityChicken, great finds both the necklace and earrings, they have wonderful colors, very bright and cheery.

Bye you should listen to Stracci's advice, she is the tag sale/estate sale queen!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few things I picked up from Facebook over the weekend. The toucan is marcasite and sterling with onyx (I believe). The courting couple is a brooch and bracelet set, adorable right? Look at the details, the border and those flowers....love! These are marked sterling

IMG_9394.JPG IMG_9395.JPG IMG_9396.JPG IMG_9397.JPG IMG_9399.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked through the early days of this thread but I didn't see that I had shared these earrings. These were a pawn shop find, they are definitely not diamonds but seem so well made that even though my ears aren't pierced, I had to grab them.

They are not marked, the gold looking through a loupe is a wash.

IMG_9441.JPG

IMG_9442.JPG

IMG_9443.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a more recent purchase this is due to land from CA today!

A transitional cut center diamond around 17 points G/VS surrounded by sapphires. Setting is 14k.

Excited to get this even though like most everything else it will need to be sized :roll:

IMG_9368.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked through the early days of this thread but I didn't see that I had shared these earrings. These were a pawn shop find, they are definitely not diamonds but seem so well made that even though my ears aren't pierced, I had to grab them.

They are not marked, the gold looking through a loupe is a wash.

IMG_9441.JPG

IMG_9442.JPG

IMG_9443.JPG
They would look so great on you!
Be brave, grasshopper, and go and get those ears pierced.
The diamond earring world is just waiting for your lobes..........

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a more recent purchase this is due to land from CA today!

A transitional cut center diamond around 17 points G/VS surrounded by sapphires. Setting is 14k.

Excited to get this even though like most everything else it will need to be sized :roll:

IMG_9368.jpg

I can't wait to see it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They would look so great on you!
Be brave, grasshopper, and go and get those ears pierced.
The diamond earring world is just waiting for your lobes..........

I can't do it, I just can't physically stick something through a hole in my ear. No idea why, the ears will have to remain intact!

How are the estate sales lately? Anything good out there?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I can't do it, I just can't physically stick something through a hole in my ear. No idea why, the ears will have to remain intact!

How are the estate sales lately? Anything good out there?

Lately I wish I had never pierced my ears - that’s probably because I just haven’t found “the one” pair of earrings yet! Intact is cool!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lately I wish I had never pierced my ears - that’s probably because I just haven’t found “the one” pair of earrings yet! Intact is cool!

I loved those OEC and tsavorite (I believe) earrings that you sold, those were amazing. Actually I love all of the earrings you've shared, we have very similar taste!

I'm staying in my lane as a ring girl. You will get your dream earrings no doubt and they will be spectacular.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada
Since you asked......

Robinson Ransbottom bowl and Fiesta pitcher
IMG_20200912_080230.jpg
Antique Austrian vase c. 1900-1918
IMG_20200911_093844.jpg
Fenton glass cat
IMG_20200912_083120.jpg
Mintons China c.1912
IMG_20200912_081736342.jpg
This is interesting. It's a certificate of the Imperium Neptuni Regis, signifying that the recipient (Ensign in the US Navy) crossed the equator in 1944, while onboard the USS Lamar.
IMG_20200912_080245.jpg
And I decided not to scrap a few pairs of gold hoops from that previous haul.
IMG_20200912_082805.jpg

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow great stuff @stracci2000 that vase is amazing as is everything else.

Love Fiestaware, the colors are so cheerful, I don't have any old stuff but I have the more recent Fiesta and love it. The color of the pitcher is really pretty.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow great stuff @stracci2000 that vase is amazing as is everything else.

Love Fiestaware, the colors are so cheerful, I don't have any old stuff but I have the more recent Fiesta and love it. The color of the pitcher is really pretty.

This one is recent(:(2) based on the mark. But it will still fetch a decent price in my booth.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada
What's really strange to me is how my interests keep evolving.
I have become more interested in 1920s-50's vintage art pottery lately.
Names like McCoy, Frankoma, Hull, etc.

It pains me to think of pieces I've had in my booth years ago that I stupidly sold, because I wasn't particularly interested in them at the time.

Oh well, I guess we live and we learn!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I think all of us have some regrets of selling in the past, what can you do? Figure for every piece you undersold you probably found ten pieces for a steal. ;)2

Btw,how is the Yada ring? Are you still rocking her on a regular basis?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I think all of us have some regrets of selling in the past, what can you do? Figure for every piece you undersold you probably found ten pieces for a steal. ;)2

Btw,how is the Yada ring? Are you still rocking her on a regular basis?

Oh yes, I wear her everyday! In fact I got a nice compliment on her just yesterday.
I never did get her sized. She fits on either of my middle fingers, and I usually add a stacker or two just for fun.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh love wth the stacking rings @stracci2000, so pretty!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I crammed this on my finger to get a hand shot but I'm going to resize this so I can wear it on a different finger since my heart ring goes here.

Very happy with this one and love that the head and band are two different colors :kiss2:
IMG_9446.JPG IMG_9450.JPG IMG_9451.JPG IMG_9452.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I crammed this on my finger to get a hand shot but I'm going to resize this so I can wear it on a different finger since my heart ring goes here.

Very happy with this one and love that the head and band are two different colors :kiss2:
IMG_9446.JPG IMG_9450.JPG IMG_9451.JPG IMG_9452.JPG

Gawd!!! That's nice.......
Well done, sister!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
oh I love that Robinson Ransbottom bowl!!
IMG_20200912_080230.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh I love that Robinson Ransbottom bowl!!
IMG_20200912_080230.jpg

It was all of $3.00 from the thrift shop. The girl was just pricing it as I came along and scooped it up!
I've been very interested in ceramics, and have been trying to read as much as I can to recognize these gems when I go out a-hunting!
IMG_20200912_152310.jpg

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning DH wanted to go to the flea market, he always has to drag me there but then I always find something.

Today's treasures include:

blue aurora borealis bracelet, earrings and pin

Pink glass cabochon bracelet

Crystal heart pendant

And a box of..........

What's in the box? Anyone want to take a guess?

IMG_9456.JPG IMG_9463.JPG IMG_9464.JPG IMG_9465.JPG IMG_9466.JPG

IMG_9462.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning DH wanted to go to the flea market, he always has to drag me there but then I always find something.

Today's treasures include:

blue aurora borealis bracelet, earrings and pin

Pink glass cabochon bracelet

Crystal heart pendant

And a box of..........

What's in the box? Anyone want to take a guess?

IMG_9456.JPG IMG_9463.JPG IMG_9464.JPG IMG_9465.JPG IMG_9466.JPG

IMG_9462.JPG

Pretty pieces!
The oval glass looks like something called 'saphiret'.
Look this term up and let me know if this is correct. It is very desirable in vintage jewelry!
1600019645643.png

Or maybe it's aurora borealis cabochon
1600020407121.png

As for your box......It says 'corona'.
So a tiara, or jeweled headband?

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, hmm could be saphiret, if it is well lucky day! I literally just bought the bracelet because it was pretty.

I'm going to leave you guessing on the box and see if anyone else wants to take a stab at it. It is not a jeweled headband or tiara but you would have an important component for either if you had this box ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results