shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, the address thingy is definitely mid-century so you are right on, I thought it was so neat and I've never come across one.

No markings on the pins at all, I have to do some more research but was amazed to find the pair. I love the bracelet I have a whole jewelry box of AB stuff so I was really excited about that.

I'm going to have a bale out on the pendant so it can be worn again. I will probably sell the ring box because I already have one but I do love finding them!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
This isn’t a new find but I’m with DD and she brought out the uranium glass faceted bead necklace I gave her several years ago.
It’s been a while since I’ve seen it and she does wear it when she has an occasion to do so.
If she gets tired of it I’d gladly take it back!

D83C197E-3C9A-4CCF-AF1B-E3EDA96F1BEE.jpeg
72455D95-853E-4617-BBB0-DE7CE9B6C0CD.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's very cool @1ofakind, I haven't come across uranium glass jewelry in my travels but that glow is amazing.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's find is this amazing silver chain (book chain? Something else?) it weighs almost 58 grams!

IMG_9121.JPG IMG_9123.JPG

IMG_9125.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find!!!
Did the seller know it was sterling?
Here's the same one listed on Etsy. Now what really bugs me about Etsy, is that you can't see what something sold for. Or is there a way? If you know, please let me in on it!

Edit.....Oh, here's one on Ebay...... I think you got a smokin deal, whatever you paid!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 They did, here is the thing, I was dealing with the owner and at first he was trying to give me this song and dance about how much the gold and coin place will give him and I just all out said they don't pay anything for silver. Then he comes up with this guy who comes in and buys his silver so again I just said to him "well I'm here and he isn't so what are you going to do for me" lol!

You can't find out sold prices on Etsy but thank you for linking the EBay listing because I did pay less than that for it :D

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't find out sold prices on Etsy

Well, that's one more reason I prefer Ebay. At least you can look to them when researching items.
Don't you just hate dealers who try to blow smoke up your a$$?
Don't try to tell me about antique jewelry Mister! You don't know who you're talkin' to!
And you are right. Silver scrap is almost worthless. You're better off keeping your silver or gifting it to someone.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that’s a great chain. I love it!

You can find out etsy sold price!! Depending on how the listing is ended...as best I can figure. It works if it says it is sold, sometimes if it says it is unavailable. I find it works 90% of the time which isn’t bad.

056BE383-A902-4661-B6BC-A5B3FE67542A.png

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@1ofakind, I had no idea about flippertools, thanks for sharing and thanks for the compliment.

@stracci2000, yeah he is obviously used to people who just think any metal is precious. This is my first substantial silver piece and it's nice plus a lot cheaper than gold!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Things are still in lock down for the most part here. Here's an ebay find I got, shipped from the UK.

20200719_175404.jpg

20200719_180420.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Smith3, I am loving it, I think this will be my daily driver.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things are still in lock down for the most part here. Here's an ebay find I got, shipped from the UK.

20200719_175404.jpg

20200719_180420.jpg

Please tell us more about this dainty beauty!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rubymal, such a pretty color of sapphire! Reminds me of serene water, another request for more details :D

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
@YadaYadaYada and @stracci2000 you two are too sweet! I was going to write more in my initial post then got pulled away by a work call.

I stumbled across this ring when perusing listings for fun. Something about it just spoke to me. It was listed as vintage/antique with a ceylon sapphire and 10 old mine cut diamonds. I watched the auction for almost an entire week and set my alarm to bid on it. Someone tried to snipe it from me with 8 seconds left! Luckily, my phone and fiber connection were on my side, I pushed my bid another 30 bucks or so but was able to get it. Total after shipping was about $170ish.

It had some crud on it on arrival but I was able to get it cleaned up. Hallmarks inside are 0 UK, 375 and an anchor which I believe is some UK assay mark.

Not quite sure how old it is, any guesses?

20200721_111408.jpg 20200721_111659.jpg

Under normal lighting, its a softer gold color and the sapphire reminds me of a bit like the subtle gray blue of Monatana sapphire. But in the light, as you said it perfectly yadda, its like serene waters :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rubymal , I think it is 1980's, during the Princess Di sapphire ring craze, but I could be wrong.
375 is 9k gold. I think the anchor indicates Birmingham. You can find out more, here.

It's really pretty!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I was passing through this small town today and I saw a little flea market in a parking lot. You all know I can't resist these things.

I paid $2.00 for everything.
A nice cloisonne box, a sterling and prasiolite necklace (it's more green than the photo shows), a sterling Art Nouveau style lady pendant, and a man's wedding band, unmarked.
I had a hunch that the ring was gold. When I got home it acid tested 14k!
It's rose gold, but is rather pink, so the seller probably thought it was copper.
IMG_20200805_192250.jpg

Last edited:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
So I was passing through this small town today and I saw a little flea market. You all know I can't resist these things.
I paid $2.00 for everything.
A nice cloisonne box, a sterling and prasiolite necklace, a sterling Art Nouveau style lady pendant, and a man's wedding band, unmarked.
I had a hunch that the ring was gold. When I got home it acid tested 14k! It's rose gold, but is rather pink, so the seller probably thought it was copper.
IMG_20200805_192250.jpg

$2!!!
1596679049735.gif

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Using what little juice I have left in my phone (thanks tropical storm for knocking our power out) to come here and ogle over your amazing find @stracci2000

Oh my god the ring....the lady....the necklace and the box, it is all gorgeous. Love that pink gold ring, I hope you plan on wearing it!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
$2.00 :confused: :???:
Gold price is rocketing now :D

I know! I remember in the 1980s when it jumped from $400 to $600.
Everyone went crazy buying gold herringbone chains!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Using what little juice I have left in my phone (thanks tropical storm for knocking our power out) to come here and ogle over your amazing find @stracci2000

Oh my god the ring....the lady....the necklace and the box, it is all gorgeous. Love that pink gold ring, I hope you plan on wearing it!

Thank you for using your last drop of juice on me.:lol:
It's a 9 1/2. :cry2:
It kinda fits on my index finger, but not tight enough.
If It bothers me too much, I may have to go down to my bench and size it down myself. It's not hard to do.

Funny thing is, the last few weeks before gold jumped way up, I had been searching plain gold bands on Ebay. Because.... you know.... you can never have enough stacking rings. A real coincidence that I found this one!

I hope you have a battery charger for your phone! And candles!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 isnt that funny that sometimes things we are looking for find us!

I had to sit in my car last night to charge my phone, at least there is AC in the car because it is hot here!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@1ofakind and @stracci2000, Yes! Both power and Internet are back!! DH is working crazy hours this week from 6am to 10pm or later so I'm sure he will be happy to have A.C.

This is how I plan on spending tonight:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results