shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if they can be converted to dangles that I would wear more than as studs....

They would be beautiful drop earrings.
Hopefully the conversion cost is not more or equal to the price of the earrings.
I have never had anything like this done, so I have no clue to the expense.
The last time I has something repaired, the price was ridiculous for the work involved.

Reactions: caf

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
They would be beautiful drop earrings.
Hopefully the conversion cost is not more or equal to the price of the earrings.
I have never had anything like this done, so I have no clue to the expense.
The last time I has something repaired, the price was ridiculous for the work involved.

So you don't think I can use JB Weld and do this myself? :lol:

If I buy them it will be for keeps...hence the hesitation. I was not expecting to find them, to like them.....they just snuck up on me so I have to figure out if it's just crush I'll get over it or if this love was meant to be. If the latter then I don't mind the extra commitment to convert them.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I got over the earrings. :???:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found the little OMC’s I’ve been looking for!!
CA69DFE5-BB26-4972-B8EF-B457C7C41C74.jpeg
One of them is even sort of round. I picked it out of the bunch anyway, lol.

Wow that is quite the haul! Were these an online find or did you stumble upon them in person. You know we need more details about them!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is quite the haul! Were these an online find or did you stumble upon them in person. You know we need more details about them!

I got to see them in person at a coin/gold/jewelry shop. I’m traveling today and tomorrow so started randomly calling shops in cities I am passing through. They had a lot but had presorted 15 based on the criteria we discussed by phone. It was a completely satisfactory experience and now I know who is hoarding all the OMC’s. These little sparkles are 4.4- 4.7 ish.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, @1ofakind , you're being very vague! You know we need all the who, what, where, how, and how much!!!

Oops! we were posting at the same time......

Calling ahead to shops was genius!!!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
She had a baggie of maybe 50 OEC in case I wanted to see those too!!

Just to add more fun...I am traveling with my DD’s guinea pig so I had to ask in advance if I could bring little piggie in with me as it is too hot to leave her in the car. :lol:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds too good to be true!

It was truly amazing. And it’s in a city we visit or drive through a few times a year.....just a few blocks from a thrift store I’ve been in a dozen times. So I’ll definitely be going back!!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was truly amazing. And it’s in a city we visit or drive through a few times a year.....just a few blocks from a thrift store I’ve been in a dozen times. So I’ll definitely be going back!!!

Isn't it funny?
A friend was telling me about this amazing jewelry store she'd found.....
So I went looking for it. It is about 2 miles from my house. I always thought it was a gold exchange place.
I went in and saw the most amazing collection of antique jewelry! Of course it was all out of my price range. But this place was right under my nose, and I never knew it!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
For your viewing pleasure....these were at another shop I called. I didn’t end up needing to go but I’ll probably stop by on my way back through to see what else they have going on!

3BB4D88F-9A64-4CA5-B229-B3DAECA40B77.jpeg

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Isn't it funny?
A friend was telling me about this amazing jewelry store she'd found.....
So I went looking for it. It is about 2 miles from my house. I always thought it was a gold exchange place.
I went in and saw the most amazing collection of antique jewelry! Of course it was all out of my price range. But this place was right under my nose, and I never knew it!

Yes like that....the sign says Gold, Coins and jewelry so I was thinking scrap and pawn (not that there is anything wrong with that) but they had 3 full cases of antique jewelry....in appropriate settings (unlike the pawn store close to me).

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For your viewing pleasure....these were at another shop I called. I didn’t end up needing to go but I’ll probably stop by on my way back through to see what else they have going on!

Ahhhhhhh, a feast for the eyes!
Imagine all the beautiful pieces of jewelry these were ripped from!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock

I'm in love.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@1ofakind, wow that is so cool, I wouldn't even know what to do with myself if I came across that stash of diamonds!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I almost missed it! I didn't see it till I was about to pay for the armload of other things I picked out, knick knacks, a few vintage vases, etc.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was a Yada and @natasha-cupcake day! We went out to breakfast which was amazing and then off to a large antique center where I found a couple of things:

These are leather toys made in Japan by Tomi, apparently they are rather hard to find, each one has the original tag!
IMG_9025.JPG

Closeup of the tag
IMG_9026.JPG

This Italian metal candle holder in a poppy design which matches....
IMG_9027.JPG

Our existing chandelier!
IMG_9020.jpg

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Victorian bangle, estate sale, $3.00.
Of course they didn't know what it was. Good for me, bad for them!
Rolled gold, marked L. M. &Co.
IMG_20200711_105950.jpg IMG_20200711_110025.jpg

Well that is a pretty and fantastic find!! I need to go to estate sales with you, lol.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was a Yada and @natasha-cupcake day! We went out to breakfast which was amazing and then off to a large antique center where I found a couple of things:

These are leather toys made in Japan by Tomi, apparently they are rather hard to find, each one has the original tag!
IMG_9025.JPG

Closeup of the tag
IMG_9026.JPG

This Italian metal candle holder in a poppy design which matches....
IMG_9027.JPG

Our existing chandelier!
IMG_9020.jpg

Very lucky to find the candleholder that matches your chandelier! The toys are neat, too!
I'm sure you girls had fun and gossipped about all of us today!!!! LOLOLOL (my smilies wont work )

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another day, another haul!
IMG_9059.JPG

Vintage ring box by Warner Co super clean
IMG_9042.JPG IMG_9063.JPG IMG_9064.JPG

Aurora Borealis Sterling bracelet LOVE!
IMG_9051.JPG IMG_9054.JPG IMG_9055.JPG

Cute pin set
IMG_9062.JPG

Vintage Address Book
IMG_9037.JPG IMG_9038.JPG IMG_9065.JPG

More to come...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was the find of the day, there is another exact one on EBay for $100 Black MOP with carvings of dragons and a Phoenix with a pearl. It needs a bale but this was in just a basket of "junk" jewelry at the indoor flea market. I always go for the boxes or baskets on the floor for this reason, there is almost always a treasure.

IMG_9060.JPG IMG_9061.JPG

She also gave me the G.Fox box in the first picture which is no longer in business and was a Hartford CT based business, I was born in Hartford so I love finding things like this.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was the find of the day, there is another exact one on EBay for $100 Black MOP with carvings of dragons and a Phoenix with a pearl. It needs a bale but this was in just a basket of "junk" jewelry at the indoor flea market. I always go for the boxes or baskets on the floor for this reason, there is almost always a treasure.

IMG_9060.JPG IMG_9061.JPG

She also gave me the G.Fox box in the first picture which is no longer in business and was a Hartford CT based business, I was born in Hartford so I love finding things like this.

Nice finds!
First, your new baby looks great in that ring box!
I love the address thingy, 1950's?
The pins are adorable . Are they marked? I think 1970's.
And the bracelet, wow!
The MOP pendant is great. Love it. It would be spectacular on a long chain!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results