YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness what a deal, you don't find prices that cheap here! @stracci2000

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness what a deal, you don't find prices that cheap here! @stracci2000

It was a family selling the contents of a house.
These kinds of estate sales are the best because they don't research anything. They just want to get rid of it all.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like to post in two places but since these days I rarely have anything to share here....

.85 center OEC K color SI clarity
Single cut diamonds in hearts
Platinum setting

Of course I have to get it resized but here are a few quick pics I took today:
IMG_8715.JPG

IMG_8717.JPG

IMG_8718.JPG

IMG_8719.JPG

IMG_8723.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like to post in two places but since these days I rarely have anything to share here....

Platinum setting

IMG_8715.JPG

IMG_8717.JPG

IMG_8718.JPG

IMG_8719.JPG

IMG_8723.JPG

Gorgeous! You certainly have a knack for finding these beauties!
I haven't yet ventured into platinum........but I will if the price is right!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! You certainly have a knack for finding these beauties!
I haven't yet ventured into platinum........but I will if the price is right!

Thanks, I'm not a "must be platinum"
gal especially because most of these types of rings are so small and resizing platinum up is expensive.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Platinum setting

IMG_8715.JPG

IMG_8717.JPG

IMG_8718.JPG

IMG_8719.JPG

IMG_8723.JPG

I love everything about this ring. It's gorgeous!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all, happy Tuesday!

Stopped by the estate place around the corner (I really need to give this place a name) and found a cute little Taxco (I believe correct if wrong) seahorse pin AND this Aurora borealis brooch and earring set!

IMG_8762.JPG

IMG_8763.JPG

IMG_8765.JPG

IMG_8766.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a side note I think I need to reorganize my AB pieces into one jewelry box, there is no more room here!

IMG_8768.JPG

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I fell in love with this bridal themed celluloid jewelry box from ebay. I paid too much probably, but I just had to have it.

Put my ering and band in there for good measure.

20200615_135139.jpg

20200615_135259.jpg

20200615_134320.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rubymal, oh I love that box, it looks to be in very clean and excellent condition and your rings look right at home in there!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
@Rubymal, oh I love that box, it looks to be in very clean and excellent condition and your rings look right at home in there!

Thank you! There was a bit of a yellow stain in one corner but I was able to wipe it away with a clorox wipe (I know, risky, but I had to try). I tried looking up the name of the jewelry store inside and came across this from an online biography:

J. Edward Campbell. - Active and progressive in business, J. Edward Campbell is prominent in Oswego as vice president of the Maltby Campbell Company, jewelers.

James Edward Campbell, a native of New York, died in Oswego July 4, 1918. He was educated in the public schools and as a young man enlisted in the U. S. Army, being identified with the service until he was 30 years of age. He spent the remainder of his life in the employ of the City Railway Company in Oswego.

After completing his schooling in Oswego, J. Edward Campbell entered the employ of Jules Wendell & Sons, jewelers, with whom he was identified for eleven years. The Maltby Campbell Company was organized in 1916 with U. Z. Maltby as president, Mr. Campbell as vice president, and Mrs. Maltby, as secretary treasurer. Upon the death of Mr. Maltby in July, 1928, Mrs. E. K. Maltby succeeded him as president. They are recognized as the city's leading jewelers and have an attractive store at 20 West Bridge Street.

From 1932: http://onlinebiographies.rays-place.com/ny/oswe/campbell-je.htm

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been out a bit (legally this time lol) but things are opening slowly here. Some of our thrift stores are not taking donations so they are very picked over. I went to a little estate sale but nothing there either. I’ve picked up just a few tidbits. Today though I wandered into a shop and there was this pretty bag, facing backwards but I could tell instantly it was high quality leather. So far it checks out...I am thorough but I’m not an expert so I’ll have someone verify the authenticity. I’ve found a few designer bags (amongst hundreds of fakes!) and only one was not authentic by the end. I’m fairly confident on this one too. Even if it’s a really nice fake I’m not out much. The leather has a few very minor marks that I am sure I can carefully remove. The lining is perfect.
8AACDF6B-E6B7-4C76-AA18-45182D385CA0.jpeg
A45C0CB3-5A26-4E69-BC19-03D77CD779C6.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been out a bit (legally this time lol) but things are opening slowly here. Some of our thrift stores are not taking donations so they are very picked over. I went to a little estate sale but nothing there either. I’ve picked up just a few tidbits. Today though I wandered into a shop and there was this pretty bag, facing backwards but I could tell instantly it was high quality leather. So far it checks out...I am thorough but I’m not an expert so I’ll have someone verify the authenticity. I’ve found a few designer bags (amongst hundreds of fakes!) and only one was not authentic by the end. I’m fairly confident on this one too. Even if it’s a really nice fake I’m not out much. The leather has a few very minor marks that I am sure I can carefully remove. The lining is perfect.
8AACDF6B-E6B7-4C76-AA18-45182D385CA0.jpeg
A45C0CB3-5A26-4E69-BC19-03D77CD779C6.jpeg

Great find! Usually the thrift stores know the big designer names and put those in cases.
I hope it turns out to be the real deal!

I have been lucky to find some high end purses, shoes and wallets at thrift shops. Kate Spade, Mark Cross, Brahmin, Cole Haan, Stuart Weitzman, etc.
These are names that we fashionistas know, but thrift store workers might not recognize.

But Gucci, wow! You have a good eye!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@1ofakind, even if it turns out to not be authentic that's a great looking bag, you can fit a lot in there most importantly!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
At this thrift store I think they assume everything is fake but they also just don't know. They have a case for what they consider nicer things but I've seen mixing bowls from target in there while out on the shelves a set of gorgeous vintage yellowware bowls is marked a couple bucks each. But we don't have a Target in town so maybe those bowls are really more desirable, lol.
The other bag I found there is a Balenciaga. :kiss2:

Even at our Goodwill they often have plastic purses from Walmart locked on a rack behind the counter while real leather bags are out on the floor. At least at GW though they lock up the plastic fake designer bags too.

Tomorrow I'm heading out of state to visit some pawn shops and see what's going on over there...I'm still a few little diamonds short for an upcoming project....maybe I'll carry the Gucci bag and get lucky!! :cool2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@1ofakind, did you go through the bag really well?? I carried a purse around for months and one day discovered two gold bracelets that were in there all along. There might be some treasure hiding!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy that garage sales are up and running again. Here are today's highlights.
Today I found two vintage pins. The circle pin hàs no mark, but the blue pin is Weiss. IMG_20200619_234718987.jpg
This is a real nice sterling Navajo cuff bracelet, $1.00!
Some people just don't know what they have........
IMG_20200620_173857077.jpg IMG_20200620_173947.jpg
This is a cute silver plated purse mirror made in Denmark, 1930s.
I guess it was a souvenir from Bonaire.
IMG_20200620_184008370.jpg IMG_20200620_184014526.jpg
And here's a lucky shot of the cat!
IMG_20200620_184307.jpg

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, ha, I love that last picture of Miso! Great finds today and that bracelet looks right at home on your wrist!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I have a feeling that DH is going to want to go to the giant indoor flea market or the giant outdoor flea market tomorrow so maybe I will have some things to share.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I hope I don't (do) have a haul to show later this week. I went to a couple pawn shops to look for small antique diamonds and they have one out for setting that I shouldn't (but will) go back to look at. It's already been to GIA and graded H, VS2, 1.46ct.
I have an OEC moissy that I like very much but I think I need to see this diamond. I will at least get pictures and drool on the glass case. I might have dropped a hint to DH at dinner but this year is already jewelry heavy for me....and I really do like the OEC moissy....I should just set that instead right. I should just stick to yard sales and hope to find a diamond one day, lol.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should just stick to yard sales and hope to find a diamond one day, lol.

This is my life's quest! Sometimes I daydream about buying a cigar box full of costume jewelry, and in the bottom is a 5 ct. diamond ring.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@1ofakind, do you know how much they are asking for it? What is the cut? I'm excited for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results