shape
carat
color
clarity

Who want to help me choose a light blue band?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I need help choosing a light blue band. I am currently having my set reset from yellow gold to white gold. There are two rings, a channel set diamond band and a solitaire set in a thin Tiffany style setting.

I would like to add a a pale, light blue colored band to the other side of my e-ring to serve as a maternity band. Here are three options:

1. Shared prong sapphire band from Signed Pieces. I contacted them already. They can do the ring with light blue sapphires but it would not be returnable. As the ring is normally offered with darker blue stones, the light blue would be a special order.

2. Channel set light blue sapphire band from Christopher Designs.

3. A band from my local jeweler with tiny, pave set aquamarines across the top. I told the jeweler I wanted a pale blue sapphire band. He said it would be hard to get them and suggested aquas. He actually had the little tiny aquas in the shop. It was cool to see them. But I am concerned that the aquas will be too dull and barely blue at that size. I want pale blue but perhaps not that pale.

This jeweler, however, has gone above and beyond for me in the past and I am feeling some customer guilt. And I love the style of ring. I actually saw the ring with my set and it looked fantastic. It was set with sparkly diamonds not aquas though so it was not totally representative.

What do you guys think?!?

Here is my set. Just imagine it in white gold...

YG Set.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is the Signed Pieces band...

SP Sapph Maternity.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
And here is the Christopher Designs. It is the one on the very bottom of the stack.

Christoper Designs Stackables.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
My first question would be...do you want prong set or channel set? Your wb would be channel set right? SO do you want the matching looks, or do you like the idea of mixing it up a bit?

Based on that, you can rule out the SP or the Christoper designs band. The CD band looks beautiful from the pic, have you gotten a price on it? How do the prices compare across the three options?

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks FacetFire! Your post totally helped me decide. I really do want a shared-prong. While the Christopher Designs ring is so gorgeous, for me it would be too heavy looking. A more delicate shared prong is what I have in mind. And as much as I like my local jeweler, I really would like sapphires and not aquas.

I have contacted a few other PS vendors to see what can be done.

1.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad I could help! I love the idea of paler sapphires! They''ll sparkle more and give a great soft look, perfect with jeans! Let us know what you end up picking...and I definitely want to see pics when you get it! I just love this idea...you''re making me want one!
36.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
1-4.jpg
I stumbled upon this it''s a about $600

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Oooooooooo, that is really nice MustangFan... where did you find it?!?!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Ha, I just found that band MustangFan! It is a Hidalgo from Firenze Jewels in NYC. I actually spoke with someone at Firenze this morning regarding another blue band. LOL! I am going to be in NYC this weekend. Guess I''ll add that one to my "must see" list.

2.gif

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
I would say get the shared prongs blue sapphire, but that is because I have got one too.. And I just love it..
9.gif
Here is a pic of mine pale blue sapphire band with my wedding ring..

000blue.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m not much on the color bands but i love that light blue one and for $600 think its a steal!

movie zombie

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Threepwood, I have a confession to make...

Your gorgeous baby blue band was my inspiration!!!
9.gif

The Hidalgo blue diamond band is lovely but only goes half way around. After considering the style options (the Christopher Deisgns full eternity sapphire band is $650)... I have decided that I would really like a 3/4 shared prong like Threepwood''s stunning band. Which can be done with sapphires at a reasonable price. Although, I did not realize that finding light blue colored sapphires would be a challenge. I am working with a wonderful vendor who is trying to track the stones down for me!

With any luck, I will have a baby blue band of my own soon...

2.gif

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 7:30:09 PM
Author: Joolskie
Threepwood, I have a confession to make...

Your gorgeous baby blue band was my inspiration!!!
9.gif

The Hidalgo blue diamond band is lovely but only goes half way around. After considering the style options (the Christopher Deisgns full eternity sapphire band is $650)... I have decided that I would really like a 3/4 shared prong like Threepwood''s stunning band. Which can be done with sapphires at a reasonable price. Although, I did not realize that finding light blue colored sapphires would be a challenge. I am working with a wonderful vendor who is trying to track the stones down for me!

With any luck, I will have a baby blue band of my own soon...

2.gif

25.gif
Really? I am flattered.. I can''t wait to see the finally result.. I am sure it will be beautiful! Keep me posted..
31.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE

Well, I am now in a bit of a quandry. I have worked with two extremely helpful and wonderful vendors who were unable to track down the small, light blue sapphires. A third vendor, Signed Pieces, would be able to do the ring with light blue sapphires (I posted the darker blue version above)... but there would not be a way for me to confirm the color. The light blue sapphires would be a special order item. And the sapphire order would not be placed until I have placed my order for the ring.

Now, I have only been in contact with SP via email. I am going to call on Monday to discuss the light blue sapphires. While I know that SP is well regarded and I trust that they know their stuff... it seems a bit odd to order a ring without seeing the color. It is my hope that perhaps in discussing the project, we could figure something out.

My other option would be to do an aquamarine ring instead. Which would be stunning. But, I am concerned about the wear and tear. Sapphires are tougher and seeing as nobody has ever referred to me as "graceful," I thought they would be best. LOL!

What do you guys think?!?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried asking Wink or Gary if they can get you the sapphires?

There are also some on-line vendors who have calibrated stones. I''m pretty sure that they are all heat-treated, but you haven''t mentioned that you are opposed to this.

Just seems very weird to me that no-one can supply the stones.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW I love what you are trying to do. I hope you are successful. I think the sapphires would have better color than the Aquas. I posted about using Aqua melee in a pendant and everyone thought they''d be too light.

Best wishes for success!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Threepwood I LOVE both of your bands. Your Wband looks just like mine! And I love that you have a pale sapphire band too. Where can I view more photos of it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results