shape
carat
color
clarity

Who takes consignment rings, besides GOG, Pearlman's?

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I want to sell my rubellite 3-stone trellis ring on consignment, in order to fund home improvements, and possibly future bling projects. I have contacted Good Old Gold, and Jewels by Erica and Grace. Neither of them accepted my ring. I haven't contacted Pearlman's yet, because I thought their 25% fee is too high for me. Do you know any other vendors who I should contact?

I posted pictures of my ring on PS last year:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rubellite-ring-arrived.154142/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rubellite-ring-arrived.154142/[/URL]

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Cookie,
That's a lovely ring!

I'd suggest trying companies that specialize in that type of stone- and ring.
If a seller doesn't carry rubellite ( many don't) then they are not a good candidate for you.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Rockdiamond! It seems I need to find out who sells rubellite rings. :read:

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG, that is so BEUATIFUL! If you end up consigning it, I would love to know who you list it with. I would love stats, too. The only place I can think of is a website who cannot be named here, but hopefully you know who I mean.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
kindred, you are making me doubt my decision to sell! :naughty: The ring is in size 7.75, palladium. The side diamonds weigh 0.51 tcw. I actually have it listed on certain website (not ebay) for several weeks already. No one has shown interest in it so far, so I am thinking maybe consignment is the way to go.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I've drooled over that listing for weeks...if it wasn't literally 10x what I have budgeted for my rubellite RHR, I'd have msg'd you about it long ago! Good luck with the sites suggested. It's gorgeous!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It really is a stunner. Even if JBEG had been willing to take it on though, it might have been quite a while longer to find a buyer. It is the rare person who would appreciate it for what it is and would have the budget to cover your asking price.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Hate to say it but for consignment in general, 25% is pretty good. I do hear ya that it might be too high anyway, though.

Try local shops maybe? There's a couple places around my area that do consigment, not many though.

Some general advice- I owned a consignment store for a few years about a decade ago, and here's something that shocked me. No one, not a single consignor, ever read the contract before signing. EVER. They could have signed away their firstborn! Read what you sign. If you're going with a local place, it isn't unusual for the consignment place to say that if you don't pick it up at or within a short grace period at the end of the consignment period, you might forfeit your merchandise- so you need to know that info. Good luck!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. When I saw the photo I knew it just had to be a Richard Homer concave cut. Between Richard Homer and Wink you have the best of the best. In order to get a decent price you need to find a buyer who will appreciate what you have. I have no suggestions but I wish you best.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
kindred, I forgot to say the rubellite is 11mm round, untreated, custom & concave cut by Richard Homer.

LGI, local shop is a good idea. There are a few jewelry shops near where I work. I will go and ask. And I will make sure I understand the contract before signing anything. :twirl:

Thanks to all who have replied!

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Cookie|1311898373|2979353 said:
LGI, local shop is a good idea. There are a few jewelry shops near where I work. I will go and ask. And I will make sure I understand the contract before signing anything. :twirl:

Oops, there is a typo. Sorry LGK!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink won't take it?

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Stone-cold11|1311902303|2979390 said:
Wink won't take it?

I didn't ask him. Not sure why, but I feel a little weird asking him..

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cookie|1311891534|2979289 said:
kindred, you are making me doubt my decision to sell! :naughty: The ring is in size 7.75, palladium. The side diamonds weigh 0.51 tcw. I actually have it listed on certain website (not ebay) for several weeks already. No one has shown interest in it so far, so I am thinking maybe consignment is the way to go.

I found it! It is so gorgeous! I just wish I had the budget for it. :(

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
What about Ruby Plaza, Ruby Lane's modern sister site. I think its free to list this first year.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is really beautiful! It is sad but rings resold often only bring half or less than what one pays. And if you have to pay a consignment fee, it really can be questionable whether it is really worth selling.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Narwhal, Ruby Plaza is new to me. It looks like a great place to list. I will look into the details. Thanks for bringing it up!

DS2006, yes, it is sad that jewelry depreciates the moment you buy it. I am more cautious now about doing new projects. Making sure the piece will be beautiful is not enough, I will also need to make sure it will be worn often enough to justify the price and the effort put into the project.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Cookie|1311903039|2979405 said:
Stone-cold11|1311902303|2979390 said:
Wink won't take it?

I didn't ask him. Not sure why, but I feel a little weird asking him..

OK, I gave up and asked Wink. He won't buy it back because colored stones are so hard to sell. But he can do consignment. So I think I am going to go with him.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that is the wisest idea since he does sell colored stones. Good luck!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck! I think it's a gorgeous ring, just beyond what my budget would be for a ring. Hopefully there is someone out there looking for something just like that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results