shape
carat
color
clarity

Who pursued whom...?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...going along with Kenny's polls today, who pursued/chased whom in your relationship or marriage? Did you pursue your SO, or did (s)he pursue you?

I'll start--DH definitely pursued me. He saw my profile on Match.com and wrote to me first. He was definitely sure about me from the start, but I took a while to decide.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
It's hard to say. We were friends for a while before starting a relationship and things just kind of "happened one night". He called me the next day, after I was avoiding him, to talk about what happened, so I guess you could say he pursued me, but it wasn't a long pursuit! LOL

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were a blind date and we hit if off right off the bat, heck I met him on Feb 20 and moved in with him 3 weeks later...so it was a mutual attraction :naughty:

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Laila619|1323820022|3080879 said:
I'll start--DH definitely pursued me. He saw my profile on Match.com and wrote to me first. He was definitely sure about me from the start, but I took a while to decide.

Awwwww, DH & I met on Match too! I winked first but only because I didn't have a photo up and I knew he'd never 'see' me otherwise.

We met online.. but I would say there were times when I pursued him and him- me.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He pursued me from beginning to marriage. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He definitely had to convince me to go out with him as I though we were so different but once I got to know (and love) him I would say we were equally invested in the relationship. However I never wanted to get married and I made that quite clear from the get go but he never gave up and after 4 years of dating he proposed and convinced me to marry him. I was terrified of getting married though losing him was a much scarier thought!! I did convince him to let us have a year engagement to let me get used to the idea of marriage. Looking back I can easily say marrying my dh was the very best decision I have ever made.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say me pursuing him. Which is normally how it went with all dating things. I usually just would cut to the chase. I didn't want any repeats of past misdeeds.

We also met on match. He didn't believe (and I guess still doesn't sometimes) that I really liked him. He thought when we met the first time that he was never going to see or hear from me again. He got there early, and was afraid he would barf on himself. When he walked in, it was like fireworks went off for me. But as for the marriage part, he never really wanted to, but I did. So he knew if he wanted to stay with me that had to happen. My parents were a hot mess about us living together anyway, so I also thought that might help. I laugh now looking back at the wedding wars with them and then the war when my sister got married. They probably thought $XXk to get her the hell out of this house? That's a bargain! But with my sister they were nickle and diming it. I remember saying "so you think for the same amount of money--which you claim is to be "fair"--is gonna feed 200 more people? Are you on crack? I don't care about fair. I don't think she wants to have subway as her wedding meal."

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
...going along with Kenny's polls today, who pursued/chased whom in your relationship or marriage? Did you pursue your SO, or did (s)he pursue you?

Ditto except we met in college.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

any buyer's remorse?... :bigsmile:

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Him... but then I'm a 'Rules' type of girl so I don't do pursuing.

If he's not that interested in me then I'm sure not interested in him!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1323820507|3080894 said:

Awwwww, DH & I met on Match too! I winked first but only because I didn't have a photo up and I knew he'd never 'see' me otherwise.

Yay, IG, another Match couple! :)

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, he DEFINTELY pursued me. I had just started a job where he worked and was beginning to divorce my dirbag X and resolved that I wasn't going to date ANYONE for a while. Somehow lunches with he "gang" became lunches just together but I stil wouldn't go out with him on an actual date--something my divorce attorney was super insistant about. My x was a reall d/ick and had me watched to see if he could "catch me" with someone, This was AGES ago, before NYS changed their divorce laws.

It took about 8 months after the divorce and we went on a date to a concert and dinner. Despite the awful first date we continued seeing each other and ultimately got engaged and lived together for about a year before we go married--AND got married on the same date my divorce was final {two years later}.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1323821557|3080919 said:

any buyer's remorse?... :bigsmile:

LOL DF, you nut. :lol: :bigsmile: No buyer's remorse yet! ;))

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I would say I definitely did the initial pursuing. But then I backed off and didn't want to be exclusive or get too serious. Like most men I've encountered, telling them you're not as interested as they thought is apparently the ultimate challenge. Thus, the wooing began.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
He definitely pursued me. We met at a party and he developed a huge crush on me, and had actually asked a mutual friend to set us up, but our mutual friend moved away before he could try to make it happen. He finally hunted me down about a year later and pursued me hard, and the rest is history! It's been almost 9 years...crazy!

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I pursued him.
I could tell he was worth pursuing--in part, because he was too modest to pursue me.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Completely mutual! We were best friends first, and by the time we were both single at the same time, the chemistry had been there for a while. We got drunk together, he burst out with an "I love you," I reciprocated ... and three months later, I proposed. Currently living happily ever after. :love:

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I called him to ask him out but he made sure to let me know prior to that his full name and address so I could find him in the phone book (or at least I think so). I called twice before and blocked my number and didn't leave a message as I was embarrased :oops: but eventually I didn't block my number and he picked up. I asked him out and he said yes :love:

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
It's hard to say. He showed interest at first and I didn't. Later, I showed interest and he didn't. I moved on and it literally dawned on him one day that he had made a big mistake! Then, he was definitely in pursuit! I wasn't thrilled right at first.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mutual pursuit here...we were friends first and things just *happened*. Cliche and boring but that's how it went down!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
He pursued me all the way! I wasn't interested at all...I only went out with him because he kept asking, and my 2 best friends told me I'll never know unless I go out with him once. I finally agreed, and the rest is history. I fell hard, and in a month we were talking marriage and kids.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
He definitely pursued me. I've known him since I was 5 and he was 3 and he was my best friend's little brother. I paid him no mind, had no interest whatsoever, but apparently he grew to like me more and more. He confessed it one day - I was kinda grossed about it at first... but then he got me drunk in TJ and kissed me and I never looked back lol

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went after him like he was prey in my scope! Poor guy...no chance of survival ( or escape) once I set my mind to it. Then I think I backed off a bit to see if he was actually interested in me or was it all one sided? He came around. Phew! :bigsmile:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We met on JDate. He pursued me. I'm very slow to warm up to people, but he's persistent so here we are.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
It was pretty mutual.

We met online - egad, what a noughties way to meet! I had placed an online ad and picked him out of literally hundreds of responses purely because I was impressed by his spelling.

Then I saw a photo and I've been drooling over him ever since!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also met my husband on the same online dating site you did, Laila. I reached out to my husband first though. He said he almost didn't respond because I didn't have a profile picture. I'm glad he did though! We only talked briefly through that site before meeting for coffee a week later. We've been together pretty much every day since.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We took turns over the three years... Each balancing being single parents..and developing a relationship.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
He pursued me.

He initiated the first conversation, arranged to meet up with my friend and me that night, and once we got there he got my friend a beer, introduced her around, then sat himself down next to me and started talking. We talked all night, and he'd given me his contact info (we met on vacation), so I added him on Facebook on kind of a whim the next day before I left town. He instantly accepted and started sending me messages and keeping the conversation going. I wasn't sure if he was just being friendly or if he was actually interested, but after a few days of messaging constantly and him waking up in the middle of the night whilst still on vacation to chat with me for an hour or two, I started to think that maybe he was actually interested and dropped a hint that I was interested as well. Things kind of took off from there. He's been the one driving the whole thing, and as a girl that usually does the pursuing, I've got to tell you - it's kind of amazing. I feel so special and cared for when he is the one really making sure that we talk, and the one that brings up wanting to introduce me to his friends (via video chat, haha), talks about how he's budgeting for a trip to visit me...not that I don't do all of those things, but he does them before I even think about it.

The only thing I really intiated was being public about the relationship. We'd agreed to be exclusive a little while before we really told anybody, and I was the one that asked if we could put it up on Facebook, haha. It was partly because I wanted to kind of shout it from the rooftops and partly because there was a very persistant guy that really needed to get the hint that I was absolutely not interested.

ETA: Oooh, gosh, sorry for the novel! Still in that shouting it from the rooftops phase, I guess!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
He did all the chasing. We were friends first and it took him months to convince me to date him. Lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results