color
clarity

Who owns decagon stones?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
JannPaul Upgrade Policy:
-Within two years after purchase of a JP Diamond 100% for ex-Singapore (SG) purchases and if purchased in SG less SGT
-After two years 100% less US$300-400 for recertification fee
-Ring setting is separate: Value range SG$50-300; melees may be repurposed for the new setting or; opt to keep old setting

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
PSers have expressed concern about the Import Duty imposed by the USCBP on Decagon. Today I am happy to report that FedEx refunded my full Import Duty Tax. The US-SG FTA does include the JP Decagon. I initially paid the duty, then appealed ($90 fee) and received my refund today. JP Executive Director, Chloe Peng, worked tirelessly to research and discover the proper regulations to submit to FedEx and USCBP on the customs declaration document. This embellishes and empowers JP's already stellar value added services. I cannot comment on the FTA import duty status ex-US.

Victor Ang

Rough_Rock
PSers have expressed concern about the Import Duty imposed by the USCBP on Decagon. Today I am happy to report that FedEx refunded my full Import Duty Tax. The US-SG FTA does include the JP Decagon. I initially paid the duty, then appealed ($90 fee) and received my refund today. JP Executive Director, Chloe Peng, worked tirelessly to research and discover the proper regulations to submit to FedEx and USCBP on the customs declaration document. This embellishes and empowers JP's already stellar value added services. I cannot comment on the FTA import duty status ex-US.

Hi DRSAMURAI, for the shipment, was there anything you had to prepare on your end before they ship it out to you? Or is everything arranged from their (JP) side?

MightyDucks

Rough_Rock
I reached out to JP to inquire about a lab stone. They don’t carry anything over 2 carats in stock. Which I was told would be a good wait time for a custom cut over 2 carats. They also do not include the trade up policy toward lab diamonds only mined. The customer service was meh. It took Chloe almost a week in between each email to respond to my emails. I do agree JP doesn’t get the recognition on this forum he deserves. His diamonds and cut quality is the best of the best. Also, his master setter does truly amazing work. It just wasn’t in my cards for a JP this upgrade.

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
I reached out to JP to inquire about a lab stone. They don’t carry anything over 2 carats in stock. Which I was told would be a good wait time for a custom cut over 2 carats. They also do not include the trade up policy toward lab diamonds only mined. The customer service was meh. It took Chloe almost a week in between each email to respond to my emails. I do agree JP doesn’t get the recognition on this forum he deserves. His diamonds and cut quality is the best of the best. Also, his master setter does truly amazing work. It just wasn’t in my cards for a JP this upgrade.
Sorry to hear that MightyDucks. I worked with Eugene and almost always received a email back the very same day. He also gave us his number to message on what’s app . I couldn’t be more thrilled with how mine turned out. I hope you’ll be able to get a ring with them in the future.

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
Hi DRSAMURAI, for the shipment, was there anything you had to prepare on your end before they ship it out to you? Or is everything arranged from their (JP) side?

Hi victor Ang. I don’t know where you’re located, but I’m in the northwest . After I received tracking, it showed a delay due to customs. We had to call FedEx and have them email over a form to fill out . Once that was done, it was back to normal. It arrived with the expected delivery date as planned.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock

Hi @Victor Ang, I am assuming you live in the USA. JP provides the COO with the parcel which the FedEx Customs Broker should inspect and clear for delivery. You may be responsible for the CBP Importer Form 5106 to complete and return to FedEx which is downloadable at: https://cbp-form-5106.com/jsfiller-..._PDFJS=false#f2cb9558c8ab47e78966e9193a744b29

Other US based Decagon purchasers have done this too.

Should you be assessed customs duty, you are required to pay it. Then appeal and pay the fee to FedEx which is now $100 as is my understanding. There is a valid US-Singapore FTA in effect. Good luck.

The 111 Decagon facets' light performance is everything JP honestly purports.

JANNPAUL continues to amaze and impress me. After placing a deposit on the rough diamond that eventually was crafted into an elite and spectacular 2.227 ct Decagon, I was informed that the lead time would be 2-3 months due to backlog of orders for the single Master Diamond Cutter in Belgium. I have viewed many Miyabi diamond setting videos online on YT, IG & FB. So, due to the wait, I requested JP to video my rough diamond being crafted into a Decagon. JP agreed and here is the link on YT:

The customized video montage depicts the actual rough in Belgium being laser cleaved, bruted and brillianteered into my wife's Decagon. From Belgium to Las Vegas where AGS performed its rigorous metrics analyses to generate the Decagon's grading report.

The peripatetic travels then proceeded on to Singapore where it awaited its bespoke custom designed 18 K WG setting which was hand forged master crafted in Hong Kong. This too is captured in the video.

Then back to Singapore where Master Jewelry Setter Miyabi-san be seen setting the melees and Decagon.

Finally, it was FedEx shipped to us in California and you can view my wife opening her elegantly gorgeous and spectacular Decagon ring to join her Decagon twin earring sisters. We are the proud parents of these beautiful Decagon triplets.

This video montage showcasing the birth of my wife's Decagon diamond and ring creations is a most touching, sentimental and heartfelt memento for us to treasure and cherish for years to come. Our deep gratitude to JP for providing this value added service.

This is so touching!! I teared when I watched your ring being crafted. I've been following their instagram and see that they specialize in high performance cuts in different shapes. Did you have to pay additional fees for the video? I would love if they could do such a video for me too.

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
This is so touching!! I teared when I watched your ring being crafted. I've been following their instagram and see that they specialize in high performance cuts in different shapes. Did you have to pay additional fees for the video? I would love if they could do such a video for me too.

Hi there, I too got a decagon stone last month. They made me a video too and there is no charge :)

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Hi there, I too got a decagon stone last month. They made me a video too and there is no charge :)
The gratis video is another fine aspect of JP’s many value added services. A heart warming memento to cherish.

itsfake

Rough_Rock
I received my AGS 000 2.44 Decagon in a platinum 2.8mm setting 1.58 carat melees

917561 917557 917560 917559

Sparkle Finder

Rough_Rock
@DRSAMURAI - what a beautiful video! An enduring an special memory of a very special ring. Made in a very special way for your very special person. Priceless.

You just inspired me to ask Chloe at JP to make a similar video for my fiancée's engagement ring creation - a custom cut "Round10" 4.2ct G/VVS1 ("Round 10" is the 'round' version of the Decagon).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results