shape
carat
color
clarity

Who owns decagon stones?

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Considering which shape to go for a lab stone?
Does anyone has decagon stones from different vendors with photo or even videos?
Is this a shape that precision gemstone cutters can generally cut?
I like that a decagon looks generally round from distance while you discover it’s a bit edgy when looking close. This, if paired with floral like faceting sounds like what I m after~

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
JANNPAUL is in a soft launch mode for Decagon. Since Decagon is proprietary and patent protected, they are the sole vendor. Will they license to another jeweler like they did with Solasfera? Regardless, it is an extraordinary and unique design and cut with optical performance at a world class WOWSA level. Currently in communication with JP's Chloe re: Decagon pair of 1ct for wife's earrings and 2ct for either a pendant or ring per her choice. Doing my due diligence with caveats on doing business with an overseas jeweler.

nismo_s15

Rough_Rock
Hi
JANNPAUL is in a soft launch mode for Decagon. Since Decagon is proprietary and patent protected, they are the sole vendor. Will they license to another jeweler like they did with Solasfera? Regardless, it is an extraordinary and unique design and cut with optical performance at a world class WOWSA level. Currently in communication with JP's Chloe re: Decagon pair of 1ct for wife's earrings and 2ct for either a pendant or ring per her choice. Doing my due diligence with caveats on doing business with an overseas jeweler.

Hi DRSAMURAI, I'm currently looking at purchasing a Decagon from Jann Paul, I was just wondering if you ended up purchasing the 2ct and pair of 1ct for your wife? If so, did the quality of the Decagons and your experience purchasing from JP meet expectations?

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Hi

Hi DRSAMURAI, I'm currently looking at purchasing a Decagon from Jann Paul, I was just wondering if you ended up purchasing the 2ct and pair of 1ct for your wife? If so, did the quality of the Decagons and your experience purchasing from JP meet expectations?

Hi nismo_s15,

Yes. My wife is the ecstatic owner of Decagon earrings 1.8 ctw with bespoke custom designed handcrafted 18K WG settings. These paired Decagons were in house each weighing .938 ct and .928 ct. Video of the Master Jewelry Setter, Mr. Miyabi, setting the diamonds and refining the prongs was requested and provided.

The 2 ct Decagon rough diamond had to be first reserved with a deposit and I was given an estimated range of carat weights, polishing schedule and ethically sourced provenance of Canada, Africa or Russia. Carat weight was estimated to be 2.09-2.19 ct; clarity VVS1-VVS2; color F-G. The rough stone produced a single Decagon. Cutting, bruting and polishing were effected by the Master Diamond Cutter in Belgium. His estimates were pending AGS reporting. The cost range was given and if the Decagon ct weight ended up less than the estimate, I would be charged accordingly less. But if the carat weight were to be heavier. the upper price limit was capped. The Master Cutter was spot on with AGS on clarity at VVS2 and color G. He missed the mark on carat weight. He polished it to 2.227 ct by AGS. So wifey got 0.08 ct free heavier Decagon. Prices were comparable to 57 facets SIC Round Brilliants of similar 4Cs.

Here is the customized flip ebook JannPaul provided for this Decagon's pedigree and curriculum vitae: https://online.flippingbook.com/view/304160822/ NB: comments by AGS about Decagon.

The scopes and AGS report tell the story and speak for themselves. Another value added service of JP is a requested video of the Master Cutter in Belgium fashioning the Decagon. My wife can observe the birth of her Decagon baby.

The Decagon is EYE-MAZING to behold. The JP hype on Decagon being brighter, whiter, sparklier and more fiery is true with 111 facets firing on all cylinders. The photos and videos fall short.

The bespoke ring setting is being handcrafted now and projected to be delivered in early January.

Other value added services include free band engraving, liberal returns, free ring resizing and prong adjustments (great if you are in Singapore), Customs Declaration Form provided upon request (Yes, the earrings arrived duty free). Chloe and Avery were a true joy to work with. No pressure to buy as they are not on commission.

Caveats are external to JP. COVID has slowed mail delivery of the ring wax molds to me in California and two sets of waxies took 2 weeks each via registered air mail. FedEx delayed the customs clearance of the earrings for one week in Honolulu. The 2-3 month wait for custom cutting is due to only one diamond cutter but Tesla has desensitized me to this as it took this long to deliver my custom ordered Tesla. And I live 20 minutes from the plant in Silicon Valley.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Hi nismo_s15,

Yes. My wife is the ecstatic owner of Decagon earrings 1.8 ctw with bespoke custom designed handcrafted 18K WG settings. These paired Decagons were in house each weighing .938 ct and .928 ct. Video of the Master Jewelry Setter, Mr. Miyabi, setting the diamonds and refining the prongs was requested and provided.

The 2 ct Decagon rough diamond had to be first reserved with a deposit and I was given an estimated range of carat weights, polishing schedule and ethically sourced provenance of Canada, Africa or Russia. Carat weight was estimated to be 2.09-2.19 ct; clarity VVS1-VVS2; color F-G. The rough stone produced a single Decagon. Cutting, bruting and polishing were effected by the Master Diamond Cutter in Belgium. His estimates were pending AGS reporting. The cost range was given and if the Decagon ct weight ended up less than the estimate, I would be charged accordingly less. But if the carat weight were to be heavier. the upper price limit was capped. The Master Cutter was spot on with AGS on clarity at VVS2 and color G. He missed the mark on carat weight. He polished it to 2.227 ct by AGS. So wifey got 0.08 ct free heavier Decagon. Prices were comparable to 57 facets SIC Round Brilliants of similar 4Cs.

Here is the customized flip ebook JannPaul provided for this Decagon's pedigree and curriculum vitae: https://online.flippingbook.com/view/304160822/ NB: comments by AGS about Decagon.

The scopes and AGS report tell the story and speak for themselves. Another value added service of JP is a requested video of the Master Cutter in Belgium fashioning the Decagon. My wife can observe the birth of her Decagon baby.

The Decagon is EYE-MAZING to behold. The JP hype on Decagon being brighter, whiter, sparklier and more fiery is true with 111 facets firing on all cylinders. The photos and videos fall short.

The bespoke ring setting is being handcrafted now and projected to be delivered in early January.

Other value added services include free band engraving, liberal returns, free ring resizing and prong adjustments (great if you are in Singapore), Customs Declaration Form provided upon request (Yes, the earrings arrived duty free). Chloe and Avery were a true joy to work with. No pressure to buy as they are not on commission.

Caveats are external to JP. COVID has slowed mail delivery of the ring wax molds to me in California and two sets of waxies took 2 weeks each via registered air mail. FedEx delayed the customs clearance of the earrings for one week in Honolulu. The 2-3 month wait for custom cutting is due to only one diamond cutter but Tesla has desensitized me to this as it took this long to deliver my custom ordered Tesla. And I live 20 minutes from the plant in Silicon Valley.

I regret that I didn’t follow this thread after creating it myself. It’s however Nice to get your update on your JP decagons~ And it looks like you got and are getting what make you really happy and satisfied.

I personally think your such review is very important and useful for at least others who are interested in knowing more about this particular cut from Jannpaul and the company itself. Your comment largely aligns with what we occasionally heard of reviews from others here (we really didn’t come across too many review of JP, just sometimes actually). And yours is quite detailed and particular, especially you are doing some sort of custom cutting with JP. It’s not surprised that their decagon, and probably part of their other lines I guess, gets cut in Belgium; what caught my attention is only one cutter cutting or being able to cut it there, if I get it right.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Hi Double E,

JannPaul has raised the standard for objective diamond Optical Performance evaluation by providing a more realistic rotational ASET video to better assess light leakage and dark field illumination to more deeply identify and characterize negative clarity issues.

There is a Singaporean blog, hardware zone.com, under "proposal ring forum" where you will find plenty of JP's local popularity attestation reviews. This is analogous to the PSers' loyal devotion to the vetted venders and sponsors of PS. The HWZ posted JP scopes and AGS reports show consistently reproduced ASETs, H&As and ISs for the JP White Series. JP has branched out to LGD cut to its demanding White Series specs.

That leads to the Master Diamond Cutter in Belgium. Unlike most venders who purchase on the open market from a variety of cutters and quality, JP sources its diamonds from this single cutter. It took Paul seven years to develop Decagon collaborating with AGS to perfect the cutting angles to achieve maximum optical performance. It took several years to vet and finally identify a diamond cutter with the skill set to consistently cut, brute and polish to Decagon's exacting and precise dimensions and angles. He is under exclusive retainer to JP. And he has apprenticed his son follow in his footsteps.

I think of the Master Cutter's efforts like the precision and detail that go into handcrafting a Lamborghini. His H&A, ASET and IS images are proof.

The Decagon and White Series demand is profound. This explains the 2-3 month lead time for a bespoke custom cut 2+ct Decagon. I was lucky that the Decagon twins were available at first enquiry.

The next delay was on my wife. She was overwhelmed with: 1. Metal choices of Pt, WG, YG, RG or any combination of metals; 2. 14K or 18K; 3. Ring setting styles TNTC. The COVID induced mailing delay cost another month in time; also the time it took for the many CG renderings. Three months later she decided on her perfect setting and her bespoke custom designed 18K WG Spiral Twist with 18 melees is being hand made in Hong Kong.

She loves her earrings and already loves her Decagon ring. Side-by-side comparison to her old .5 ct BN RB earrings shows a noticeable difference favoring Decagon in optical performance.

nismo_s15

Rough_Rock
Hi Double E,

JannPaul has raised the standard for objective diamond Optical Performance evaluation by providing a more realistic rotational ASET video to better assess light leakage and dark field illumination to more deeply identify and characterize negative clarity issues.

There is a Singaporean blog, hardware zone.com, under "proposal ring forum" where you will find plenty of JP's local popularity attestation reviews. This is analogous to the PSers' loyal devotion to the vetted venders and sponsors of PS. The HWZ posted JP scopes and AGS reports show consistently reproduced ASETs, H&As and ISs for the JP White Series. JP has branched out to LGD cut to its demanding White Series specs.

That leads to the Master Diamond Cutter in Belgium. Unlike most venders who purchase on the open market from a variety of cutters and quality, JP sources its diamonds from this single cutter. It took Paul seven years to develop Decagon collaborating with AGS to perfect the cutting angles to achieve maximum optical performance. It took several years to vet and finally identify a diamond cutter with the skill set to consistently cut, brute and polish to Decagon's exacting and precise dimensions and angles. He is under exclusive retainer to JP. And he has apprenticed his son follow in his footsteps.

I think of the Master Cutter's efforts like the precision and detail that go into handcrafting a Lamborghini. His H&A, ASET and IS images are proof.

The Decagon and White Series demand is profound. This explains the 2-3 month lead time for a bespoke custom cut 2+ct Decagon. I was lucky that the Decagon twins were available at first enquiry.

The next delay was on my wife. She was overwhelmed with: 1. Metal choices of Pt, WG, YG, RG or any combination of metals; 2. 14K or 18K; 3. Ring setting styles TNTC. The COVID induced mailing delay cost another month in time; also the time it took for the many CG renderings. Three months later she decided on her perfect setting and her bespoke custom designed 18K WG Spiral Twist with 18 melees is being hand made in Hong Kong.

She loves her earrings and already loves her Decagon ring. Side-by-side comparison to her old .5 ct BN RB earrings shows a noticeable difference favoring Decagon in optical performance.

Thank you DrSamurai and I completely agree with Double E, your comprehensive review and the information you have generously shared is so valuable and it aligns with all the reviews I have read so far.
It certainly reaffirms my decision to proceed with booking in some time to meet with JP and placing a deposit for a custom Decagon to be cut.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Hi nismo-s15,

It is thoroughly my pleasure to help. Decagon is a novel and unique Round Brilliant Cut (though not really round as the name implies) that has dazzling Light Performance. I refer to it as Singapore Bling or Sing Bling for short.

If you do decide to proceed with the Decagon bespoke custom cut and if you are domiciled in the US, request Chloe to prepare the US Customs paperwork for duty free under the FTA. I lobbied for this and Chloe spent hours learning de novo how to word the documentation to allow the duty free status as another value added customer service. Prior to me all other US based online JP customers paid the import duty. She is preparing the same documentation for my 2.2 ct Decagon. If you want the Miyabi diamond setting video, request it. All settings are designed in Singapore and hand forged in Hong Kong and then set in Singapore. BTW, JP's WG is a nickel free alloy if Ni allergy is a concern.

The first JP session is on diamond education. Chloe could tell that I was already familiar with more than basic knowledge and we dove right into Decagon and the White Series discussions. All at JP are fluent in English with a British influence and a delight to deal with. Singapore has been on my bucket list of places to visit and JP will be one of my first visits in SG after this cursed COVID stuff simmers down. JP knows me as Dr. Steve.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DRSAMURAI for your sharing and thanks nismo-s15 for asking for this update, and I wish you an equally pleasing experience with JP~

@DRSAMURAI, I hope you don't mind me raising more questions regarding the decagon cut and working with JP. I do have some enquiries:

1) Can you tell us more about how the decagon perform better than your other MRB? and what's cut quality of the MRB in comparison?
JP's being quite transparent on how they built their Decagon and strength of this line compared to traditional H&A stones, and providing videos explaining their differences in performance, however interested buyers may still wish to know more first hand comments from someone who actually bought it as a customer. Aspects like below are what come to mind ATM:

- Difference in quantity of colour flashes (fire / dispersion)
- Performance variance when the diamond's tilted
- Which allows you to see the dispersion more often / in wider range of various lightings

2)I am surprised your JP ring is hand forged in HK, and just set in SGP, which I believe they have their own setters based in SGP! Please correct me if I am wrong~
Is this just a particular case for your project or if JP regularly have part of their (if not all) ring production in HK? And does this mean JP do both casting & hand forged pieces depending on guest request?

Thanks & appreciates!

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Hi nismo-s15,

It is thoroughly my pleasure to help. Decagon is a novel and unique Round Brilliant Cut (though not really round as the name implies) that has dazzling Light Performance. I refer to it as Singapore Bling or Sing Bling for short.

If you do decide to proceed with the Decagon bespoke custom cut and if you are domiciled in the US, request Chloe to prepare the US Customs paperwork for duty free under the FTA. I lobbied for this and Chloe spent hours learning de novo how to word the documentation to allow the duty free status as another value added customer service. Prior to me all other US based online JP customers paid the import duty. She is preparing the same documentation for my 2.2 ct Decagon. If you want the Miyabi diamond setting video, request it. All settings are designed in Singapore and hand forged in Hong Kong and then set in Singapore. BTW, JP's WG is a nickel free alloy if Ni allergy is a concern.

The first JP session is on diamond education. Chloe could tell that I was already familiar with more than basic knowledge and we dove right into Decagon and the White Series discussions. All at JP are fluent in English with a British influence and a delight to deal with. Singapore has been on my bucket list of places to visit and JP will be one of my first visits in SG after this cursed COVID stuff simmers down. JP knows me as Dr. Steve.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Hi Double E,

I am impressed with your Decagon curiosity. My probing questions were transparently addressed by Chloe in detail. She has been trained by Paul and has proved to be a great knowledgeable asset and ambassador for JP. JP has an almost OCD with their White Series' 4Cs and will reject diamonds that fail their strict parameters. This protects their stellar reputation and enforces consumer confidence.

With Decagon's strategically designed for light performance 111 facets and corresponding virtual facets diffracting visible light into its respective prism spectral colors and then mirroring these back into the viewer's eyes produces more fire, scintillation and brilliance that a 57 faceted RBC. I am appreciating noticeably more optical performance in my wife's 1.8 ctw Decagon than her BN RBC 1.0 ctw earrings. And I have played with them side-by-side under various lighting sources and tilting with similar results favoring Decagon. My wife thinks this behavior is overboard and her point is well taken.

Here are their AGS Serial #s: Decagon 104111902016 and 104111939032; Blue Nile 0008013110 and 0008486806. You are welcome to examine them. Since my involvement with Decagon, I don't bother with evaluating RBD by ideal proportions or HCA which does not compute Decagon profiles.

My dear wife no longer wears her BNs and wears her Decagons 24 hrs. I remind her that I can admire the light performance which she cannot while wearing. Looking at them in the mirror limits the viewing angle and angle of incident light. That won't be the case with her forthcoming ring.

JP is also particular with its bespoke hand forged jewelry and feels that their HK metal jewelry handcrafting artisans are the finest. My wife worked with Avery in consultation with the JP jewelry designers to arrive at the final and approved design. The ring setting is a hybrid of several ring styles' certain elements which she found appealing and with suggestions on how to best modify the design keeping with structural integrity and these are incorporated into her dream ring. I looked at similar ring styles online which are prefabricated and guess what? They are more expensive than JP's custom designed and hand forged including her 18 melees. So yes, the JP bespoke custom designed ring setting for my wife is one of a kind.

Master Jewelry Setter Miyabi-san, from Japan, has his workshop right above the B&M JP store and he alone sets all of the diamonds for JP.

Happy Holidays

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Hi Double E,

Decagon is a paradigm changer on optical performance. My written descriptions of its light performance are inadequate and seeing is believing, so here is JP KC's video depicting H2H comparisons of Decagon vs. 3Ex vs. SIC under various lighting conditions: . Enjoy.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Hi Double E,

Decagon is a paradigm changer on optical performance. My written descriptions of its light performance are inadequate and seeing is believing, so here is JP KC's video depicting H2H comparisons of Decagon vs. 3Ex vs. SIC under various lighting conditions: . Enjoy.

Master Jewelry Setter Miyabi FB video setting wife's 1.8 ctw Decagons into their ER settings. She chose screw back fasteners for added security.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Here is my wife's finished ring setting 18K WG Spiral Twist with 18 graduated melees (9 per upper shank). It is currently undergoing final JP QC inspection including metallurgy stress testing. If it passes then on to setting the 2+ct Decagon into its 4 prong cradle and rhodium plating. Then FedEx to her new home. DBD57E56-4664-4DA4-BD8B-25D29AC7F164.jpeg DBD57E56-4664-4DA4-BD8B-25D29AC7F164.jpeg . 40F702FF-7EDE-4065-B111-0981DCDC1607.png DBD57E56-4664-4DA4-BD8B-25D29AC7F164.jpeg

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my wife's finished ring setting 18K WG Spiral Twist with 18 graduated melees (9 per upper shank). It is currently undergoing final JP QC inspection including metallurgy stress testing. If it passes then on to setting the 2+ct Decagon into its 4 prong cradle and rhodium plating. Then FedEx to her new home. DBD57E56-4664-4DA4-BD8B-25D29AC7F164.jpeg DBD57E56-4664-4DA4-BD8B-25D29AC7F164.jpeg . 40F702FF-7EDE-4065-B111-0981DCDC1607.png DBD57E56-4664-4DA4-BD8B-25D29AC7F164.jpeg

Thanks so much for the update! I love so much the design of your wife's ring, so smooth with that subtle wave contour. Particularly how seamlessly the shank turns into those 4 prongs~ My wife has a quite similar ring in terms of such aesthetic, despite 6 prongs & without melee:)

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
This is our ring 071EF543-6A2F-4AE1-895F-C561B4396424.jpeg FA8EC681-570F-4CA6-9461-B4B812E61A66.jpeg

Beautiful ring. My wife originally chose a more obvious double spiral design with RG shoulders and WG prongs similar to yours. The wax model diamond height was too high for her liking and posing diamond hitting risks. So she chose the more subtle and lower spiral with sprouting twisting prongs all in WG. The upper knife edge bands were widened to accommodate the larger melees. JP notified me today that the setting is undergoing phase 3 of 4 QC inspections. When all QC phases meet JP's strict approval, the video montage will be prepared and posted for us and ring FedEx'd to us by the end of this week. Will keep you posted.

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Considering which shape to go for a lab stone?
Does anyone has decagon stones from different vendors with photo or even videos?
Is this a shape that precision gemstone cutters can generally cut?
I like that a decagon looks generally round from distance while you discover it’s a bit edgy when looking close. This, if paired with floral like faceting sounds like what I m after~

In case you're still interested, I have a 10 sided one from Precision Gem =)2
I believe Gene called it his Pentagon 80 cut.

It indeed looks round from a distance and I think the facets have that floral element you're looking for.

20210726_092131.jpg

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
JANNPAUL continues to amaze and impress me. After placing a deposit on the rough diamond that eventually was crafted into an elite and spectacular 2.227 ct Decagon, I was informed that the lead time would be 2-3 months due to backlog of orders for the single Master Diamond Cutter in Belgium. I have viewed many Miyabi diamond setting videos online on YT, IG & FB. So, due to the wait, I requested JP to video my rough diamond being crafted into a Decagon. JP agreed and here is the link on YT:

The customized video montage depicts the actual rough in Belgium being laser cleaved, bruted and brillianteered into my wife's Decagon. From Belgium to Las Vegas where AGS performed its rigorous metrics analyses to generate the Decagon's grading report.

The peripatetic travels then proceeded on to Singapore where it awaited its bespoke custom designed 18 K WG setting which was hand forged master crafted in Hong Kong. This too is captured in the video.

Then back to Singapore where Master Jewelry Setter Miyabi-san be seen setting the melees and Decagon.

Finally, it was FedEx shipped to us in California and you can view my wife opening her elegantly gorgeous and spectacular Decagon ring to join her Decagon twin earring sisters. We are the proud parents of these beautiful Decagon triplets.

This video montage showcasing the birth of my wife's Decagon diamond and ring creations is a most touching, sentimental and heartfelt memento for us to treasure and cherish for years to come. Our deep gratitude to JP for providing this value added service.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
JANNPAUL continues to amaze and impress me. After placing a deposit on the rough diamond that eventually was crafted into an elite and spectacular 2.227 ct Decagon, I was informed that the lead time would be 2-3 months due to backlog of orders for the single Master Diamond Cutter in Belgium. I have viewed many Miyabi diamond setting videos online on YT, IG & FB. So, due to the wait, I requested JP to video my rough diamond being crafted into a Decagon. JP agreed and here is the link on YT:

The customized video montage depicts the actual rough in Belgium being laser cleaved, bruted and brillianteered into my wife's Decagon. From Belgium to Las Vegas where AGS performed its rigorous metrics analyses to generate the Decagon's grading report.

The peripatetic travels then proceeded on to Singapore where it awaited its bespoke custom designed 18 K WG setting which was hand forged master crafted in Hong Kong. This too is captured in the video.

Then back to Singapore where Master Jewelry Setter Miyabi-san be seen setting the melees and Decagon.

Finally, it was FedEx shipped to us in California and you can view my wife opening her elegantly gorgeous and spectacular Decagon ring to join her Decagon twin earring sisters. We are the proud parents of these beautiful Decagon triplets.

This video montage showcasing the birth of my wife's Decagon diamond and ring creations is a most touching, sentimental and heartfelt memento for us to treasure and cherish for years to come. Our deep gratitude to JP for providing this value added service.

I actually watched the video before your post. Just not 100% sure it’s your wife’s ring, but it’s very similar. Simply put, It’s gorgeous~

Particularly for the ring making, I was a bit wondering how such design can be hand forged when you mentioned this earlier in the thread, considering those flowy lines and shapes, and thought would it be in deed cast and hand finished, but of cox exquisitely. And now I got the answer. Not being an expert or part of a bench, I think it’s still fair to say it’s quite difficult to make twisting or curve designs look good. My impression is similar styles are more often seen in Asia than western nations but still many of them are cast even in places like Japan. Not to mention your ring is not a peg head one, which consists two or more separate parts that individually crafted and then put together. Very beautifully made, really:)

Are you comfortable to share how much you are spending for the stone and the setting respectively btw?

Mike Chan

Rough_Rock

Oh woww! This is an amazing video of your being made. It’s very inspiring and makes me want to commission one myself too! It’s clear that a lot of effort has been made in handcrafting your ring and I’ve watched some of JP’s diamond education videos before. I’m surprised that they’re not mentioned more often here. Congratulations on your gorgeous ring! Your wife looks very pleased. I LOLed when I heard you mentioning that she’s not an easy person to please.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Oh woww! This is an amazing video of your being made. It’s very inspiring and makes me want to commission one myself too! It’s clear that a lot of effort has been made in handcrafting your ring and I’ve watched some of JP’s diamond education videos before. I’m surprised that they’re not mentioned more often here. Congratulations on your gorgeous ring! Your wife looks very pleased. I LOLed when I heard you mentioning that she’s not an easy person to please.

Hi Mike,

Gung Hay Fat Choy. Thanks. JP Chloe worked with me on selecting the Decagon. I involved my wife who engaged with Avery in customizing her band knowing how particular she is. She doesn't care for many of my surprise gifts. That's why she was involved in the beginning. JP's Decagon cured her DSS. JP does not get much attention on PS but is recognized as a legitimate vendor of SIC diamonds. PSers are loyal to the vetted vendors who sponsor PS and rightfully so. Add to that the fixed mindset of 57 facets for RBD. As a newbie, I had no preconceived diamond ideas when I launched my quest less than a year ago. My online education lead me to JP where the videos educate while PS ed is reading. JP's side-by-side comparisons of 111 vs 57 facets convinced me. Then they are ex-US which poses inherent problems. JP customer service has redefined the meaning to a level I rarely experience here. The DECAGON creation video is a prime example. More than pleased with JP and wifey, my Queen of Diamonds, is more than pleased with her Decagon ring and earrings.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
I actually watched the video before your post. Just not 100% sure it’s your wife’s ring, but it’s very similar. Simply put, It’s gorgeous~

Particularly for the ring making, I was a bit wondering how such design can be hand forged when you mentioned this earlier in the thread, considering those flowy lines and shapes, and thought would it be in deed cast and hand finished, but of cox exquisitely. And now I got the answer. Not being an expert or part of a bench, I think it’s still fair to say it’s quite difficult to make twisting or curve designs look good. My impression is similar styles are more often seen in Asia than western nations but still many of them are cast even in places like Japan. Not to mention your ring is not a peg head one, which consists two or more separate parts that individually crafted and then put together. Very beautifully made, really:)

Are you comfortable to share how much you are spending for the stone and the setting respectively btw?

Here is the YT link to Part 2 of my wife's unboxing her Decagon ring:

There is some repetition. JP Chloe assures me that all of the ring handcrafting shown in the video is authentically of my wife's bespoke ring setting. In fact, she will be providing with the outtakes of the setting being hand forged to add to my archived Decagon file. How's that for post purchase customer follow up?

The cost I prefer keeping confidential. If you will forgive me for not answering, I will forgive you for asking. 2+ct RBD G VSS2 SIC are difficult to source and price compare. I will tell you this, over a month ago I did find a Black by BG, also SIC, of slightly lighter carat wt but same AGS graded cut, ASET, color and clarity. Believe it or not, this patented 57 facets H&A cut diamond was priced higher than my heavier 111 facets patented Decagon. Knowing that more time is necessary to brillianteer a Decagon and the inherent increased wastage, I was surprised by the price point of this BG Black.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the YT link to Part 2 of my wife's unboxing her Decagon ring:

There is some repetition. JP Chloe assures me that all of the ring handcrafting shown in the video is authentically of my wife's bespoke ring setting. In fact, she will be providing with the outtakes of the setting being hand forged to add to my archived Decagon file. How's that for post purchase customer follow up?

The cost I prefer keeping confidential. If you will forgive me for not answering, I will forgive you for asking. 2+ct RBD G VSS2 SIC are difficult to source and price compare. I will tell you this, over a month ago I did find a Black by BG, also SIC, of slightly lighter carat wt but same AGS graded cut, ASET, color and clarity. Believe it or not, this patented 57 facets H&A cut diamond was priced higher than my heavier 111 facets patented Decagon. Knowing that more time is necessary to brillianteer a Decagon and the inherent increased wastage, I was surprised by the price point of this BG Black.

No worries~ Your sharing is already extremely helpful:)

Setting quality is definitely one of the critical consideration whenever I buy or upgrade our stone, JP looks strong and solid on this, let me put it in our wish list now~

Congrats again for what you achieved in this journey!

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
No worries~ Your sharing is already extremely helpful:)

Setting quality is definitely one of the critical consideration whenever I buy or upgrade our stone, JP looks strong and solid on this, let me put it in our wish list now~

Congrats again for what you achieved in this journey!
FYI. Although JannPaul's website is currently a work in progress, they have just revealed their new pricing for both natural and LGD for their SIC White Series. Prices will vary depending on prevailing market forces. JP link:

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
FYI. Although JannPaul's website is currently a work in progress, they have just revealed their new pricing for both natural and LGD for their SIC White Series. Prices will vary depending on prevailing market forces. JP link:

Great thanks. That’s really helpful~

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Great thanks. That’s really helpful~
JannPaul has completed another video chronicle of my wife's Decagon ring. This latest iteration is about the process of custom designing the 18K WG ring, and transforming the bespoke concept from melting the gold ingots, metal pressing and then hand forging into the desired ring shape, setting the 18 melees and finally, the piece de resistance, the mounting of her 2.227 carat Decagon into its setting (golden throne) and then finishing up with rhodium plating. The finished Decagon ring is seated into its elaborate JP ring box and shipped to her new home with welcoming arms and ring finger in sunny but drought stricken Silicon Valley. Here is the FB video link:

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
A quick question, any diamond upgrade policy from JP?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results