shape
carat
color
clarity

Who Owns A Royal Asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
royalasschergirl, kaleigh, and....? ah, i can''t remember anyone else. forgive me if i forgot you! royalasschergirl and kaleigh...thank you both for sharing (please keep sharing with me! i''m teetering on the edge here!). and, no offense to anyone who doesn''t actually own a royal asscher or any asscher for that matter...i do appreciate all your help! keep helpin''! :)

now....who ELSE :) owns a royal asscher? you must speak up... :) and, heck ...ya know what i change my subject to CALLING ALL ASSCHERS!! the hog''s gotta committ...to one, or the other.

i''m havin'' a super hard time with the huge cost difference. the difference must justify the cost...i know, i know, i must see them in person. well folks, i''m in california but unfortunely these asscher baby''s are hard to come by...royal or not. i gotsta know what to do!

waiting..........(and searching the forums too!)

sincerely....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2006 10:44:46 PM
Author:TierHog
royalasschergirl, kaleigh, and....? ah, i can''t remember anyone else. forgive me if i forgot you! royalasschergirl and kaleigh...thank you both for sharing (please keep sharing with me! i''m teetering on the edge here!). and, no offense to anyone who doesn''t actually own a royal asscher or any asscher for that matter...i do appreciate all your help! keep helpin''! :)

now....who ELSE :) owns a royal asscher? you must speak up... :) and, heck ...ya know what i change my subject to CALLING ALL ASSCHERS!! the hog''s gotta committ...to one, or the other.

i''m havin'' a super hard time with the huge cost difference. the difference must justify the cost...i know, i know, i must see them in person. well folks, i''m in california but unfortunely these asscher baby''s are hard to come by...royal or not. i gotsta know what to do!

waiting..........(and searching the forums too!)

sincerely....
I don''t own a RA, just a generic from GOG. I told you that before, maybe you misunderstood me. Good luck in your search though!!! Lisa
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
royalasschergirl is the only known owner of a ra around here. they are just (expensive!!!) so hard to find. i think the number circulating is like 30. that''s not even one per state!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......I''ve been watching your struggles here. At one point you mentioned you were speaking with DBOF. Jan has an excellent reputation. Just thought you''d like to know that.

You''re working really hard on this. Keep persevering and you''ll find what you''re looking for. Just make sure you have Storm review any stone you''re considering. He''s the king of Asshers.

Good Luck........

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok bottom line..
settle down and find a vendor.
figure out which style asscher you like:
facetsasschers.jpg

and set them hunting and kick back and relax.
Asschers are in short supply right now because of huge demand over Christmas for well cut asschers beyond what was expected by the cutters.
So expect it to take a while.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2006 10:54:22 PM
Author: Rod
Hey.......I''ve been watching your struggles here. At one point you mentioned you were speaking with DBOF. Jan has an excellent reputation. Just thought you''d like to know that.

You''re working really hard on this. Keep persevering and you''ll find what you''re looking for. Just make sure you have Storm review any stone you''re considering. He''s the king of Asshers.

Good Luck........
Rod you mean asschers?? Just kidding ya. Yup Storm is our man that''s for sure. TH I know you have your heart set on an RA, but got to say I find them too busy for my taste, but that''s just me.
2.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. Even if RAs were cheaper than the generics I would still prefer a generic. Plus, you are paying for a name, not just quality. That said, they can be gorgeous. Good luck and make sure to post pics!

Also, have you checked out superbcert? I know nothing about them but the have some nice ones on their site. They aren''t RAs though.
http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamonds/sh/164.html

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
IF your going for a branded stone, why not take a look at a Daniel K asscher? I'm pretty sure you can purchase his stones without having to buy one of his settings. They all have excellent polish and symmetery. Here's a pic of a DK ring from Pearlmans.

03TT13.jpg

I agree with storm. If you can decide on the vendor you want to work with, might as well let them earn the $$ and let them do work
1.gif

I think another Pricescoper ppp or something just bought a royal asscher off Pearlman's deals section.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

TexasClaus

Rough_Rock
After about 7-8 months of exhausting homework and looking im very happy. I dont have a royal asscher but a se asscher that i just bought from mark t at engagementringsdirect it is stunning all of them were cept for one that i picked out of the four stones i had him get for me to look at. ( i could go in to a long story with all of my homework and how we worked together but that is for my testimony im about to write) The ideal scope and loupe dont lie and i was just amazed with all of the hands on i got to do. i just got back from manhatten and picked it up for the weekend so she could just see it and make me feel at ease this was what she wanted(had to basically pry it from her) and then had it shipped( so i wouldnt have to pay taxes) this week. I cant take pictures worth a dang they are all blurry or just fire fire fire bling bling bling(and im not lieing when i say that joker sparkles) so im buying a different camera tomorrow and i will post pics of my future girls setting i had made and it fully set now. Have no clue when im going to ask her yet though. SO PICS TOMORROW I PROMISE

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
TexasClaus, how exciting. Start a new thread in SMTR!!! Can''t wait to see this baby. Good for you!! Opps sorry to hijack this thread.
3.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
TierHog,

There is also DiamondsbyLauren...they sell Royal Asschers in NY/diamond district. I have heard good things about them and they post here too.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2006 12:15:03 AM
Author: TexasClaus
After about 7-8 months of exhausting homework and looking im very happy. I dont have a royal asscher but a se asscher that i just bought from mark t at engagementringsdirect it is stunning all of them were cept for one that i picked out of the four stones i had him get for me to look at. ( i could go in to a long story with all of my homework and how we worked together but that is for my testimony im about to write) The ideal scope and loupe dont lie and i was just amazed with all of the hands on i got to do. i just got back from manhatten and picked it up for the weekend so she could just see it and make me feel at ease this was what she wanted(had to basically pry it from her) and then had it shipped( so i wouldnt have to pay taxes) this week. I cant take pictures worth a dang they are all blurry or just fire fire fire bling bling bling(and im not lieing when i say that joker sparkles) so im buying a different camera tomorrow and i will post pics of my future girls setting i had made and it fully set now. Have no clue when im going to ask her yet though. SO PICS TOMORROW I PROMISE
I can''t wait to see this.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
I''m coming out of my usual lurker status to reply to this one...as I also have an RA. It''s a 0.92, which I know many people here think is too small to appreciate an RA, but I love it. I compared it with several generic asschers that I saw at some very reputable local jewelers in my area (not chains or maul stores!), and nothing sparkled like the RA. Could I have found a great generic for slightly less money by working patiently with some online vendors...probably, but I just love my stone.
9.gif

The one drawback of RAs, imho, is that they are more expensive, but from what I saw online, the price difference in this size isn''t as much as for the larger stones. Plus my BF is from the Netherlands, and it''s special to us knowing that we have the original Dutch cut rather than a generic - makes it worth the premium for us.

Unfortunately, since we''re not engaged yet, I only have the rather bad picture that''s shown in my avatar.
7.gif
Hoping to get it in the next few months...

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ron - I found these photos online - I believe they are stones from DBOF. It''s a 1.96 J VVS2 Royal asscher listed for $12,950 next to a 1.81 D VS1 Royal Asscher that''s $22,400. Those prices don''t seem too outrageous and the stones are just drool-worthy!!
18.gif

comparison of 196 RA next to 181RA #2.jpg

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
Let''s try that again!

comparison of 196 RA next to 181RA.jpg

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
sorry it''s been a few moments since i''ve posted... :)

kaleigh...sorry girl, thought you had an RA.

''generic'', SE, square emerald cut...etc...it''s still a diamond, right? and, aren''t they all beautiful? i''ll tell ya folks, you kind find a royal or se easily. ask someone at work, ''round the neighborhood, family...they''ll most likely tell ya they''ve never heard of an ''asscher''...royal or not. heck, a few jewelers i''ve chatted with weren''t too sure they knew what i was talkin'' about. :)

belle....i''ve read, and re-read royalasschergirl''s thread. yeah, beautiful stone. royals are rare....indeed.

storm trooper (i''m sorry, i couldn''t help it!)....as usual, thanks for all your input...i''m listenin''....and visitin'' websites of recommendation...

texas claus...new york. ya know, i wish i could travel there to check things out. in california, you''d think stones were easy access. nope. all of the dealers i''ve contacted had to contact the east coast...diamonds grow there i guess...:) thanks for your input...

wallermiss :) thanks for the recommendation of diamondsbylauren...i''ve been comparing them to dbof. and, price-wise...and spec-wise...dbof is winnin''...i think i''m gonna go with them if i go for the royal...

shortblonde...thank you darlin'', for comin'' out of your lurk mode for me...it''s very important for me to have your input. by sharing about your .92 royal, you''ve given me more insight from what others have posted; that royals are worth the money under a certain weight (size). by you actually owning one and giving me your advice really helps me make up my mind....this is a super purchase (money-wise, yes, but i really mean here is ''heart'' -wise) for me. i don''t wanna spend my money on a stone and feel like i''m ''settling''. i''ve gotta gor for it like there''s no lookin'' back. actually, there is no lookin'' back. when my girl sees this diamond...it''s gotta take her breathe away. little blonde girl, where and what are you plannin'' to get in a few months? (thanks for the pic, don''t those royals really rock?)

oh, by the way, ''indecisive'' ....thanks for your advice as well. i''ve been to superbcert...still frequently checkin'' his specs and prices...dbof is still on the winnin'' side...

dbl007tiger...thank you very much! you''re killin'' me with those royals!! i''ve seen those pics sooo many times. and, those pics, as well as a few others are on my dektop....lol. the J''s been pullin'' on me, but the J scares me. i know i''ve gotta see it in person. dbof''s got an ''h'' also that my mind has been on since i started this hunt.

aaahhh....bob dylan ''like a rollin'' stone''......(on my music box....lol...just came on...lemme get another fresh draft hefeweizen...)

okay, back...where was i? oh, thankin'' all you kind folks for all of your opinions, advice, knowledge, enthusiasm and support...

now, lemme read some posts...tomorrow''s my ''friday''...and my weekend starts, maybe i should just go for it and get that royal?

most sincerely.....ron....the tierhog.
emfist.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, those pics of RA''s are gorgeous. I do think they are delicious. Tierhog, I think that you are doing the right thing. Never settle. My DH will research something to death, and then go with the top of the line in whatever. He says that that way you know you got the best at that time and you never regret it. Good luck. You are so sweet, and she is going to love the ring you choose.

shay

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
shay....thank you girl. i appreciate (us guys really like to be appreciated! lol....) your reply. ya know, as far as top of line goes...on some things it''s very important (name brand) because you do get what you pay for. other things it''s just for bragging rights and status. i dunno how many posts i''ve made, but what i''ve made clear is that i''m not a ''status'' person. my hunt for a royal was because i was (am) soo concerned about the CUT...that''s why i''m leanin'' for the royal. from what i''ve read and seen (picture-wise)...the royals are much more consistant CUT-wise than the square cut emerald asschers...but, aren''t the SE''s beautiful still? sure they are...and, as someone''s posted already (sorry i don''t recall who), this isn''t about specs, it''s about love. which brings me back to ''top of the line''....i''m soooo fortunate because what my girl (who i''ve been with for four years now...it''s gone by sooo fast...she''s a doll) wants most is my last name. i dunno why...lol....and, so, what i want most is the top of the line for her...she deserves that. why? because she doesn''t even expect it........

thanks shay....
face16.gif

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
a little update here....called in a royal asscher. will arrive monday...anxious to see one personally...

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The name "Royal Asscher" belong to the Asscher family in Amsterdam, Nederland.
The Asschers made history when Joseph Asscher cleaved and cut parts of the famous Cullinan Diamond.

The Asscher's claimed they were the first to cut a Square Emerald. But in fact the "Asscher cut" is not a regular E/C.
Not a secret..., just different number of facets, and different degrees, and a calculated shape.

There are some amazing "generic" e/c out there.
Most of the really simmilar to Royal Asscher cuts and are cut in Russia these day's
They consist of usually more facets on the pavilion, and a much deeper crown %. that will automaticaly produce a much smaller table %, (in the range of 49-55%)

They are in the 70's as far as total depth. which will display a smaller outline..., but you will get a Diamond that you can actually see poping out of the ring,
in which other flatter Asschers dont have...

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2006 1:14:07 AM
Author: TierHog
a little update here....called in a royal asscher. will arrive monday...anxious to see one personally...
Are you just dying with suspense? You have got to take lots of pics. This is the 2 ct. J, right? OMG, I''m so excited to hear which one you pick.

shay

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
''diagem'' thanks for the extra knowledge...the ''original'' asscher cuts i''ve been interested in seeing are one''s that have table/depth %''s close to that of the royals. also, every royal i''ve seen specs on has an extra sm. culet or small culet. so, if an ''original'' asscher has a culet, i''m happy with that too. a totally square asscher cut is most desirable, but, many royals are not perfectly square...such as the case of the royal i''ve called in to my home....should arrive by monday.

''shay''...yeah, i''m excited to see this royal. i''m interested in three of dbof''s royals. so, i asked ''jan'' which one she felt i should see first...she recommended the 1.96 J. had she not, i still would''ve wanted to see it probably first of the three...just because i think it''s ''intriguing'' (as the gal at fabrikant put it), due to it''s J color and, of course, weight (size) of almost two carat...

jan knows i plan on sending the 1.96 royal back to her, if i can pry it from the grip of my fingers (i mean, tweezers!). brad told jan to remind me to try not to touch the royal with my fingers...but, he''s gonna send a cloth with the royal
41.gif
after i take many pics and a short video of the royal in all of the ''real'' lighting environments such as inside and outside in the sun (or overcast, it''s been rainy/cloudy here), i''ll return the 1.96 and have the 1.23 H (6.02.6.04) sent...and repeat the process...

waiting for monday...

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I say just go for the 1.96 SIZE SIZE SIZE. The reason I say that is because Jan and Brad can take pictures of the stones side by side in and lighting conditions etc etc and all that jazz, but unless you have the ability to see them side by side, you aren''t going to be able to tell much difference I don''t think unless you''re a pro. If Jan said you need to see the 1.96 first, I''d trust that she thinks that''s the best one. (or maybe just the most profit LOL) Don''t you have a business trip planned to FL??? LOL you really need to go see them all side by side......how big is your credit limit??? I doubt you''ll be able to tell much getting them one my one IMHO, I wouldn''t and I know diamonds well. I say if you like the 1.96 just go for it and keep it. Although I just DOWNGRADED LOL, bigger is better to me. She won''t see a difference between J & H I don''t believe unless she''s real color sensitive.

So whatch gonna set this puppy in?? I wish my husband were romantic like you, I like reading your posts. He loves me dearly even though he''s not gushy about it....hardly ever holds my hand or says "I love you" first but I know he loves me with everything he has. I guess I just need that gushy stuff sometimes. I get it in the form of cards that make me cry. We don''t exchange gifts.........we do cards and he''s the best card picker....what holiday is coming up next??? I''m awaiting my next card!!!

By the way, I can''t wait to hear how you''re going to propose. My dh proposed to me in basketball shorts and a ripped t-shirt while I was laying on the couch in my pajamas while eating delivered pizza LOL. The ring was right under me for hours. Atleast he went to my parents house that day to ask their permission because he''s traditional (my parents LOVE him), but no romance here LOL, gotta light the candles and get some kind of love potion. I''m getting wacky now.....I just think it''s wonderful you''re shouting out to the world how much you love your soon to be "fiance" "wife". Good for you, not many men are like that.

TexasClaus

Rough_Rock
Tier, i really wish we had PM''s cause i would let you know a few things. I searched for 8 months. I debated the Asscher/Royal forever. I have spent some time on diamontalk forums as well as this one. So i can say i have a fairly adequate idea on both forums. Personal opinion each has its own vendors. Good advice on each site!!! Ive seen those diamonds you are talking about. I passed just because of the color grades. Jan is a very nice woman and i have loved our conversations and well they just never had ever what i wanted. I have looked at royals as well from Medcalfs personally in Memphis as well as Diamonds by Lauren while in Manhatten seeing my future.

I can tell you i visited the Diamond District 3 times as well as having a few shipped in and driving to places such as dallas, hot springs, oklahoma city, and memphis. People say less than two carats in a royal looks busy well (its a matter of taste) i like it and well ives seen the generic asschers that have the extra cut which it shows in the gia report that look just as busy if not better and well i bought one of those that had the extra cut. I could not be persuaded to give up that type of money when i found something i liked better, and whiter with just as much fire. Clarity forget it we both know we arent going to have flaws on what i chose and what you will choose.

Personally, and these are just my opinions. I did so much research on all the sizes and when you say that (earlier royals arent close to square is wrong i visited fabrikant in ny and got in) You better go square as possible bounce all the numbers from avg of 67-69 table 57-59 crown medium to slight thich girdle and around 14-16% crown height. Make sure you buy your own ISO $30-35 dollars best thing ever just as a possible laugh and hobby later. But saying all of that YOUR EYES!!! YOUR EYES did i say YOUR EYES!!! check in store lights window light and outside sun!!! I DID Last but not least I would say that i would reccomend DBOF, Engagement Rings Direct, WhiteFlash, Medkalfs, again these are my recommendations just own my dealings with them. I dealt with others but then again they didnt make my list.

Also, I just got my Nikon D70s in the mail friday so im going to take some pictures of the ring i had made and diamond i bought tomorrow (yeah thick manual) But if you look on show me the ring that pricescope forums posted for me on my cheap camera didnt do a well enough job just look for Texas Cluas got the ring makes me sound like a woman. So post on their what you think that diamond looks very white there but it is a F color to give you and idea.

Best of luck and best wishes to you and look forward to seeing your pics but ive had those so i know what they are already unless you take some personally. Trust me dont go under G if you have to. Dont buy into those who say that never saw the colors compared I have and i can tell you there is a difference

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
texas claus....thanks alot!!!!
emsmile.gif
for takin'' the time to reply to me with your experience! i''m very concerned with the color of both stones i''ve got comin'' in. J and H. before i move on to an original asscher cut (if i do...
emotion-40.gif
), i''ve gotta see the J and the 1.23 H from dbof. the H i''ve got comin'' in wednesday is from another vendor. and, it''s not a royal...tomorrow''s the day for the big one.

i''ll check out your story in ''show me the ring''...

thank you tons!!!!

sincerely, ron.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results