shape
carat
color
clarity

Who makes this setting (It's Mrs. Blop's)?

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
It might be David Klass some of her pieces are

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash made her ring.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi JDDN :)

That setting was made for me by D. Vatche and I bought it through GOG. I modified one of their 3 stone stock settings (www.dvatche.com - go to 3 Stone settings and look for setting 314) to remove the airlines under the band and to put a slight curve in the band where it met the side stones. I worked with Marie who seemed to perfectly understand what it was I wanted and conveyed it to D. Vatche for me.

I LOVED that setting and thought it was super elegant and I intend to replace it one day. In fact, I already have the side stones. :D

Let me know if you go this route; I've always thought it was one of the most beautiful 3 stone settings I've seen.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another photo of it which shows the gorgeous taper at the side of the band and the tiny little prongs.

img_11836.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just because I'm on a roll....

D. Vatche also set my small diamond. This ring has the tiniest prongs I've ever seen. Glorious workmanship.

f_si1_.jpg

img_11837.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl|1464604067|4038025 said:
gemgirl|1464531482|4037712 said:
Whiteflash made her ring.

:???:

Lol - not to worry! I know the ring you're thinking of that WF made. It had pear sides, though.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Gemgirl, thank you for reviving this old thread!! Because of you, I now have my answer ::) .

MrsBlop, thank you so much for explaining to me!! I couldn't find anything like it anywhere (weird I know) and it was baffling me. But now I know you modified it and that makes perfect sense when I go back and look at the Vatche 314 setting. It's the small details that got me. The soft shoulder with no airlines and the curve of the side stones are perfect. Also I love the tiny prongs!

I've been all over the map on how to set a 1.6 MRB I had recut by BGD. It was going to be a 3 stone for the longest time, but I had so much trouble finding a matching pair of 40 pointers....sigh. Now I'm considering other avenues but I keep changing my mind :(( . Anyway, if I go with your modified Vatche setting I will definitely update! Any btw, you have an amazing and stunning collection!!!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1464620672|4038080 said:
Hi Gemgirl, thank you for reviving this old thread!! Because of you, I now have my answer ::) .

MrsBlop, thank you so much for explaining to me!! I couldn't find anything like it anywhere (weird I know) and it was baffling me. But now I know you modified it and that makes perfect sense when I go back and look at the Vatche 314 setting. It's the small details that got me. The soft shoulder with no airlines and the curve of the side stones are perfect. Also I love the tiny prongs!

I've been all over the map on how to set a 1.6 MRB I had recut by BGD. It was going to be a 3 stone for the longest time, but I had so much trouble finding a matching pair of 40 pointers....sigh. Now I'm considering other avenues but I keep changing my mind :(( . Anyway, if I go with your modified Vatche setting I will definitely update! Any btw, you have an amazing and stunning collection!!!!!

Thank you for the kind comment!

And your recut 1.6 must be amazing! My sides were 35% each of the center stone; they were each .72ct - so 1.44ctw - and the center was 2.05ct. I thought the proportions were just right.

Good luck with your project and I'll look forward to seeing it done! :wavey:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome! I dream of having a collection like yours one day 8) .

Thank you for your proportions and actually I think those are perfect. I will definitely post when my stone is set....and hopefully that will be sooner than later, lol!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop|1464590627|4037996 said:
And just because I'm on a roll....

D. Vatche also set my small diamond. This ring has the tiniest prongs I've ever seen. Glorious workmanship.

What diamond band is this? Mind sharing who made it?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi hatha :)

The band was made by Leon. As I recall, they're 3.5pts each and the total is 1.02ctw. They're beautiful little stones and the workmanship, as one would expect from Leon, is fabulous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results