shape
carat
color
clarity

Who makes the best 6 prong Tiffany setting look-alike?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
I''ve been doing some searching online a bit, and I think that Whiteflash has the closest macth to the Tiffany 6 prong setting (my gf wants as close to an exact replica as possible, and nothing else, so please, no other suggestions, haha).

Anyhow, Ive also been browsing in stores as well, and all the custom made settings Ive seen don''t look nearly the quality as the Tiffany ones do (or for that matter, the Whiteflash one)...

BTW, here''s a pic of the whiteflash one vs the Tiffany one... Center stone will be 2.37 round (already have it).

Thanks for any help,
Steve

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the link... It looks like the SuperbCert one is probably the best match... Its thinner than the WF one, which looks more like the Tiffany one...

I wonder how they''ll be at Superbcert if i buy the diamond somewhere else and then ship them the ring...

thanks for the help!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I have the classic Tiffany ring from Tiffany. I would say Supertcert makes the closest replica. The only major difference is the tip of the prongs. Tiffany''s prongs are a bit squarish and the Supercert one has a "ski tip" look to it.

I have seen a few Supercert settings on PS and I can tell that the stones are set quite low. Tiffany on the other hand set thier stones "medium", as you can see from the Tiffany pics you posted. You can always ask SC to set it medium if that''s the height you are after.

SC does sell the setting alone and I know they can set the stone for you. Hope this helps.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2006 1:17:12 AM
Author: sna77
Thanks for the link... It looks like the SuperbCert one is probably the best match... Its thinner than the WF one, which looks more like the Tiffany one...

I wonder how they''ll be at Superbcert if i buy the diamond somewhere else and then ship them the ring...

thanks for the help!
Yep, people send them stones to set all the time. Can you put the diamond on your insurance before you send it to be set?

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the above. My Tiffany has prongs that are more square than the superbcert. From the pics, though, I think the Superbcert is the closest. And, no one would be able to tell the differance. Remember, all these pictures are so blown up it shows every little detail. I remember when I first saw the Tiffany, I was like, that''s it? It''s so small and dainty. I was so used to seeing these huge pictures. I needed a loupe to see all the fine details everyone obsessed over when trying to get the ideal match to the setting. Then, when you pair it with a band, you can''t even really see the side of the ring because the band hides most of it (well, mine does because it is a tic high for the e-ring). Anyway, good luck, sounds like it will be a killer ring.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 8:29:02 AM
Author: Jewels
I have the classic Tiffany ring from Tiffany. I would say Supertcert makes the closest replica. The only major difference is the tip of the prongs. Tiffany''s prongs are a bit squarish and the Supercert one has a ''ski tip'' look to it.

I have seen a few Supercert settings on PS and I can tell that the stones are set quite low. Tiffany on the other hand set thier stones ''medium'', as you can see from the Tiffany pics you posted. You can always ask SC to set it medium if that''s the height you are after.

SC does sell the setting alone and I know they can set the stone for you. Hope this helps.
Thanks! I editied my comparison picture up top to have the superbcert setting as well. You''re right about the mount location--it does sit a little low on the SC setting. I''ll give them a call this week, and see if I can ship them the stone I have and have them mount it--at a medium setting. ;-)

Thx again!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 9:19:38 AM
Author: WTNLVR
I agree with the above. My Tiffany has prongs that are more square than the superbcert. From the pics, though, I think the Superbcert is the closest. And, no one would be able to tell the differance. Remember, all these pictures are so blown up it shows every little detail. I remember when I first saw the Tiffany, I was like, that''s it? It''s so small and dainty. I was so used to seeing these huge pictures. I needed a loupe to see all the fine details everyone obsessed over when trying to get the ideal match to the setting. Then, when you pair it with a band, you can''t even really see the side of the ring because the band hides most of it (well, mine does because it is a tic high for the e-ring). Anyway, good luck, sounds like it will be a killer ring.
I see what you mean by the "ski-tip" prongs vs. the square ones... Thats why i came to this forum... I knew everyone else''s attention to detail / trained eye would be better than mine. haha

Anyhow, The SC tips look pretty good I think... The most important things to match i think when making the replica, are the band width (thinner, like the Tiffany one), the side view of the setting (SC looks the best I think too) and the height of the setting (which apparently SC can adjust).

Thanks so much!
36.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Whiteflash Tiffany replica setting. i do not know how to transfer pictures but you can see it under my name in Show Me The Ring. Since the pictures are large and my stone is 4.10 you can get a realy good idea of how the Whiteflash version looks.
I wear it with a shared prong eternity ring that fits very nicely under the setting with no space. Have a look unless some kind person wants to transfer the picture here. It looks much better with a larger stone such as yours than it does in the Whiteflash picture with a high set, smaller stone.I think it is very close to the Tiffany one and the prongs are very small and delicate. I love it. I had my stone set very low in the setting.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 6:57:10 PM
Author: solange
I have the Whiteflash Tiffany replica setting. i do not know how to transfer pictures but you can see it under my name in Show Me The Ring. Since the pictures are large and my stone is 4.10 you can get a realy good idea of how the Whiteflash version looks.
I wear it with a shared prong eternity ring that fits very nicely under the setting with no space. Have a look unless some kind person wants to transfer the picture here. It looks much better with a larger stone such as yours than it does in the Whiteflash picture with a high set, smaller stone.I think it is very close to the Tiffany one and the prongs are very small and delicate. I love it. I had my stone set very low in the setting.

Thanks for that post! I''ll post your pics for you... ;-) I found your thread.... All you need to do is right-click on the picture and see the properties of it. it tells you the location of the pic... Just copy and paste it in... The stone looks amazing btw. How has the durability been btw?

dia%20002.jpg

myrna2.jpg

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for transferring the pictures of my ring and the instructions as to how to do it.
I have had no problems with the ring or with wearing it with the eternity band.
The Whiteflash setting looks very thin from top because of the knife edge but i think it is quite substantial.
With a stone the size of the one you are getting, a simple setting like this is really a frame for a beautiful stone. I am sure all the suggested settings are quite nice since it is not a hard setting to make and the basket is custom made for the stone. Best of luck with whichever one you decide upon. I am looking forward to pictures.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 11:16:43 AM
Thank you for transferring the pictures of my ring and the instructions as to how to do it.
The Whiteflash setting looks very thin from top because of the knife edge but i think it is quite substantial.
With a stone the size of the one you are getting, a simple setting like this is really a frame for a beautiful stone. I am sure all the suggested settings are quite nice since it is not a hard setting to make and the basket is custom made for the stone. Best of luck with whichever one you decide upon. I am looking forward to pictures.

I definitely will post pics... The setting is definitely going to be either this one or the SuperbCert one... I like how the knife edge makes it look much thinner from the top... My girlfriend has TINY hands (3.5 ring size). Getting that stupid sizer thing on her hand while she was sleeping was qyuite the adventure. hehe =)

Anyhow, the stone I was going to get fell through... Time to start the stone search... I''ll satrt a new thread for that.

Thx again!

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry to hear that your original choice fell through. I hope you find something you like now that you have gone to so much trouble seeking out a setting. Best og luck.

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 11:39:18 AM

I definitely will post pics... The setting is definitely going to be either this one or the SuperbCert one... I like how the knife edge makes it look much thinner from the top... My girlfriend has TINY hands (3.5 ring size). Getting that stupid sizer thing on her hand while she was sleeping was qyuite the adventure. hehe =)

Anyhow, the stone I was going to get fell through... Time to start the stone search... I'll satrt a new thread for that.

Thx again!

I have/had the Whiteflash version. If I were to choose this look again, I would get the Superbcert one--it's the closer match. My stone is now in an upgraded setting
9.gif

The superbcert doesn't have as big of triangle cutouts at the base of the prongs (more like tiffanys), and (although you could specify this be changed with the setter) the whiteflash version has sharp/higher looking prongs, as opposed to being rounded over. I was forever wounding my kids with the sharp prong edges.

There is also a replica at www.niceice.com But I prefer the Superbcert one.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 2:18:53 PM
Author: ltl

Anyhow, the stone I was going to get fell through... Time to start the stone search... I''ll satrt a new thread for that.

Thx again!

I have/had the Whiteflash version. If I were to choose this look again, I would get the Superbcert one--it''s the closer match. My stone is now in an upgraded setting
9.gif
Did you get the superbcert one? or soemthign else?
Thx

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I know Tiffany''s varies the size of the knife edge by stone size. Do the replicas do that also?

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 3:29:34 PM

Date: 11/27/2006 2:18:53 PM
Author: ltl

Thx again!

I have/had the Whiteflash version. If I were to choose this look again, I would get the Superbcert one--it''s the closer match. My stone is now in an upgraded setting
9.gif
Did you get the superbcert one? or soemthign else?
Thx

something else
9.gif
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-upgraded-setting-leon-mege.53979/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results