shape
carat
color
clarity

Who likes sphene?

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been meaning to post these. I've had them for a while. The oval is very green irl, and the bowtie is not apparent. They sparkle SO MUCH but the camera just can't capture that.

I'd love to set these in rings, but they are too soft arent they?

phpyFrhkuAM.jpg

phpB1RDbdAM.jpg

phplkbuTWAM.jpg

phpTu43GdAM.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Sphene is a soft stone but it can be set - and what's the point of having two lovely stones if you can't wear them!

I have a number of Sphene's set in rings and although they're only occasional wear, at least they get worn!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I love the look of a nice sphene, but I'm rough on rings, so I had mine set in a pendant, but I know others like LD have set theirs in rings.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Me! I love sphene.

I've set mine as earring and as a pendant. I don't really wear rings other than my wedding set and my OEC diamonds 'Daisy' ring...

I'd be too scared as well - nice sphene aren't that cheap!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I love sphene(titanite) as well.
Me likee' sphene..mmmmm...mmmm
Nice stones, Deia, thanks for posting!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me! I'm still kicking myself for passing on a chrome sphene from Jeff White. Deia, will you be bringing yours? remind me to show you a picture I took of a lovely crystal.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay, other people love sphene too!!! I really like these stones. They really have a disco ball effect, it's amazing. I just can't capture it on camera. A video would be much better for these.

Harriet, yes I am bringing these with me!Looking forward to the pics :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They kind of remind me of Christmas lights with all that "merry dispersion."

I have a couple sphene myself. One is a six carat apple green, and the other is around 2 carats in a Portuguese oval. I have not set them because they're rather soft though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's one more sphene admirer! Yes, sphenes can be set but make sure your benchperson is comfortable with the job. I understand that it's quite a task to try and capture the amazing fire and dispersion shooting out from a sphene on camera.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who doesn't like sphene? I'm afraid I'm too intimidated to set any, but I love just looking at them...

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: I love sphene too! I'm over the top cheesy when it comes to loving Christmas lights and like TL said, it reminds me of that. Or Vegas which I'm also a huge fan of. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results