shape
carat
color
clarity

who is the best princess cut online dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about that first post - I pushed the wrong button!
Who is the best dealer for brilliant princess cuts? I have a diamond I like on hold at a local wholesaler - but want to know how much better I can do. Iwant one that''s icy white and absolutely a sparkler.
So which online dealer sells the best princesses for the best price and also tells you how much brilliance and fire it has?
Any suggestions?
I am thinking Good Old Gold and SuperbCert.
Any opinions?

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
who knows if it is "the best" but Diamond Brokers of Flordia has something called a brillant fire princess (i think!) anyway, their website is www.dbof.com
Good luck!!
1.gif

Vynyaca

Rough_Rock
I second coarchitect, I've seen some beautiful princess cuts that Jan of DBOF has posted over at diamondtalk.com.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys for the response - I actually went with DBOF without hearing back from the forum - I saw photos of those brilliant fire princesses and fell in love. I have one - and a setting - coming to me tomorrow. I am so excited! I called today and Jan was so helpful and nice and her service was so prompt! She returned my emails within seconds!
Even my boyfriend - who is working with me on this purchase thought he expects to pop the questions after we have it (we're a little backward I guess) - is excited and pleased. He didn't want to do the online thing but changed his mind after I told him about the great deals, customer service and quality of the stones.
So wish me luck - hopefully I like what I get tomorrow. The stone is off the charts for brilliance and scintillation so I doubt I'll be disappointed!
Thanks again!
Jenibear

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Good news - got my diamond from DBOF and it is a beauty! I am in love! Now Jan and I are working on settings! I think I found a great one with baguettes! Thanks for all the help.
I will be having the stone appraised Tuesday and if they tell me what I expect my boyfriend and I will be in some lovely debt!
Thanks again
Jenibear

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
congratulations on your purchase/engagement!!
i love jan too...she has been fantastic!
1.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the congrats! Although I now have to say I may be deciding against the setting - found one locally I like better for less $$ and more tcw side diamonds. But I have to say no local center stones I've seen can match the brilliant fire princess. The others look cold and dull in comparison.
One last thing - we are not technically engaged yet. He's a little backward. He wanted me to work with him on the ring, have it done and then surprise me. Whatever makes him happy. I'm glad he got me involved in the ring process - although after the crazy talk we had last night about sidestones and platinum vs. white gold I think I have his cute little head spinning!
Jenibear

wonderwoman1114

Rough_Rock
Yay, Jenibear!!! I thought I was the only one doing things half a** backwards. My BF and I are doing the same thing. He said he wants to suprise me, but not with a ring I wont like. We've started looking around and I cant find a darned thing!! But Im glad to know that Im not the only one looking for my own engagement ring. My BF just doesnt have the patience to learn about diamonds, so he trusts me to do his homework. I dont mind at all b/c I dont want him buying an expensive bum diamond. At least he'll know he's getting his money's worth. Glad we can relate!!
Jenn
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeni..though I am a lover of RB's...if you purchase the brilliant fire princess...please post alot of pictures so that people can see a well cut princess and how it differs from the typical ones you see at the maul (and almost everywhere!)....it may start some new education threads!

Someone recently posted a well-cut pear's IdealScope image and then next to it a typical Pear and the differences are astounding. Fancies are pretty but you have to be discriminating!!

1.gif
congrats, the stone sounds great. I would also post the Bscope info if you have it (you said something about it scoring on scint/brill off the charts?)...

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Jenn - I am glad someone else has a boyfriend like mine.
And Mara from what I can recall the stone registers at the end of "very high" for both brilliance and scintillation. It is at the line between "high" and "very high" for fire. Nice huh?
Here's the information I can remember off the top of my head. I'll post the rest after my appraisal tomorrow!
Princess cut
D VS1
EXC polish
VG symmetry
70 table
71.7 depth
Faint flour
And it's an almost perfect square measuring 5.60 by 5.54.
Love it. Love it.
If all goes well with the appraisal I send it back to Jan to have the cutter brand the diamond (they forgot - oops!) and I'll have her take a few pics. My digital camera is just not cooperating.
I do need some suggestions for a good mounting. Don't like solitares or three-stone rings. Thought I liked baguettes, but not quite crazy about those. Would like a setting that puts the diamond up high with the shoulders leading to the stone. And I'd like sidestones of princess or rounds - preferably channel set and alternating between the two. I just can't seem to find anything I like! I don't want something too hard looking or thick, nor too dainty. I am just lost. Suggestions? Photos?
Thanks
Jenibear
PS - Jenn - one word of advice. Don't drive your BF crazy - like me - and tell him when you want the ring. I did and he almost killed me. Wanted it before my bday in Oct., but he has something planned after that. I better find a mounting soon!

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Here is a photo of my diamond taken at the appraiser today! She said it's worth about $1,000 more than I paid! Hooray for DBOF.
Also here is more info about the stone I forgot in my last post: girdle: medium to slightly thick, cutlet: none. The inclusion - which looks like a teeny champagne bubble in the table under 10x magnification is barely visible. Amazing it's a VS1.
And I think I found a mounting. Will post it next - silly me forgot to post it with this one. Opinions please!
Thanks
Jenibear

dia.jpeg

bling

Shiny_Rock
jenibear and wonderwoman,
nope..not alone. we too went the same route you went..i was very involved in the process of picking out exactly what i wanted, and making a very educated purchase. I loved doing it that way. And like you, will get my romantic surprise nite later! Glad im not the only one either..
loved the pics...such a beautiful stone!
congrats to you!
appl.gif

monkey

Rough_Rock
me too! i'm helping the bf with the purchase. . . he is MORE obsessed with finding the right stone than i am!
we're still in the process. congrats on a beautiful stone.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
HELP! I think I finally found a mounting I want with my princess but I need to see it on my hand before I decide to go with it! I just figured out this is an Ingwer. Any idea who sells them in Massachusetts so I can have a look-see? Help Help.
Thanks
Jenibear

JMR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results