shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is Stuller?

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
I have been seeing pSers mentioning Stuller a lot recently and I must be really behind...who is Stuller? is it a vendor for diamonds and settings? hope you don't mind my dump question, and if possible, could you provide some info of this vendor? do they have a website? thanks a lot!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can view their settings at stuller.com. A jeweler can buy from them.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stuller sells mountings, findings, finished jewelry, diamonds and gemstones to retail jewelers -- their items are not for sale to the general public - but your local jeweler/online vendor can price/order stuff for you if you find (for example) a ring or pendant setting etc.

http://www.stuller.com/

Adwar and Unique Settings of New York also sell mountings, findings, and finished jewelry to retail jewelers - I don't think either sell diamonds or gemstones however.

http://www.adwar.com/
https://www.uniquesettings.com/

If you happen to have a stone that fits a calibrated or stock size, then Stuller/Adwar/USNY are excellent sources - all three have great reputations for quality merchandise. Most settings are available in a variety of metals, from platinum to gold to silver. Your local jeweler/online vendor would order the setting you like, Stuller would make it, and send it to your local jeweler to do the finish and setting work.

Calibrated sizes are like 5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm etc. for round, princess-cut, cushion and asscher stones; and 10x8mm, 9x7mm, 8x6mm, 7x5mm for emerald cuts and oval shapes; etc.

Hope this helps.

[FWIW, I purchased settings from all three of these vendors, and they are all were very well-made and very well-priced.]

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW jewelers can charge what they like for Stuller settings (and the associated labor), so if you have more than one local jeweler that you trust, you might want to do some comparison shopping.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
VRBeauty|1457497000|4001904 said:
BTW jewelers can charge what they like for Stuller settings (and the associated labor), so if you have more than one local jeweler that you trust, you might want to do some comparison shopping.

Be careful doing this though. The quality of the setting work, the quality of the final polish, the quality of the sizing if your finger is not the size that the setting comes in. All of these things can cost more, or less, to do.

If it is done right, it is pretty sure not to be the cheapest quote.

Just my thoughts.

Wink

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink|1457586285|4002398 said:
VRBeauty|1457497000|4001904 said:

Be careful doing this though. The quality of the setting work, the quality of the final polish, the quality of the sizing if your finger is not the size that the setting comes in. All of these things can cost more, or less, to do.

If it is done right, it is pretty sure not to be the cheapest quote.

Just my thoughts.

Wink
I agree.
I generally find from I will admit a small sample size that stuller settings while good quality are often just so-so to ok in finish.
A skilled bench spending time on them really perks them up.
The price difference between cleaning them up and just setting the stone can look like a lot of money as a percentage of the overall purchase price.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stuller make a lot of basic stuff, like six-prong rose gold heads for a 1 carat, four prong platinum heads for a .5 carat, and so on, earring backs and rings to fit the heads, rings with and without pave to fit any head.

A lot of standard designs can be put together from their settings and they won't be as expensive as something similar with a designer name on it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results