shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is going to look at rings this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Me, that''s who! I am so excited as the day approaches. I will finally get to slip some rings on to my 4.75 size finger. I am so anxious to see what size stone looks good on me. Did I mention my fingers are long. My ring finger is 3" long.

Of course we''re not buying retail but I will finally get to see some Vatche settings in person-and really get a feel for what I like. Oh, lord, I''m too excited. I wonder if I''ll like the Vatche setting I have been eyeing. I am really upset about the price increase but am still anxious to see it.

How did you ladies who go to pick out your own ring do it? I feel like I''m going to pass out and my appointment isn''t until Saturday. I had a 1 carat before and I thought it looked okay but culd go bigger. My sister has a 1.21 carat and it definitely has undergone shrinkage for me and is not so big anymore. Now I have read a lot of messages about women with slender 4.5 size fingers saying over a carat is too big but I just can''t imagine. Maybe I had a poorly cut 1 carat.

I''m so excited!!!! I know after Saturday I''ll be desperate to buy the ring already. I better start playing the lottery.

jlim

Shiny_Rock
Since Illinois is part of the multi-state Mega Millions, buying that $1 for tonight's drawing is worth $140million! I bet you can buy quite a few diamonds with the spare change
2.gif

Btw, I found out my gf's ring finger is a size 5. She's about 5'3", weights about 103 (w/ shoes on). But the bone on her ring finger is slightly larger. Her sister initially thought she would be a size 3 or 3.25 since she wears a size 3.5 I think and her sister, though is skinny, is not as skinny as my gf. But it was a surprise when the sister and my gf. went to get her ring finger measured, it turned out to be a size 5.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
How about that, so the sneak ring sizing was accurate. Wow. I know what you mean. I'm only a 4.75 because of my knuckle which mean my ring will move around alot.

I wonder if Vatche does square bottom shanks because the setting I love is their's and I haven't seen anything else like it. No, I'm not telling, everyone will have to guess which one.

jlim

Shiny_Rock
I went with a Vatche RC setting. Hopefully I'll get it by next week and I can go ahead with my plans for the proposal. Have been putting it off
sad.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Lanee, I'm so jealous. You must have gorgeous hands! My fingers are thin (4.25 on my ring finger) but fleshy. I just measured my ring finger and it's 2.5 inches long. I'd bet you have gorgeous nails too!

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Hest, Interesting you should say that. I do have nice good size nail beds and always get compliments on my hands on nails but to me, they look huge, long and scary. I guess you never see yourself the way others do. I'm going to get a manicure late this week so that on Saturday my hands look the absolute best. I will pass out if we both swoon when we see a ring, I'll know it's the one!

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I feel light headed and my stomach is in knots, I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! One more day!!!!!!!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a 4.5 with a 1ct center stone (2ctw including the band). That is plenty for my teeny fingers. Then again, my finger is much shorter than yours. I think you could easily sport a 1.5, no? I'm dying to know which dvatche setting you chose. I have one too. Nope not telling.
9.gif
Just kidding...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results