shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is cutting or growing their lab grown diamonds?

MoreSparkle2

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knows what vendors are cutting/growing their own lab diamonds? I know BG is cutting theirs, but whiteflash is just relabeling what they get from their vendor they are not cutting the diamond. So what vendors are?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Diamond Foundry (via VRAI), if memory serves.
JannPaul has a grower that is partnered/contracted to meet extremely strict quality standards.
Not sure of any others, off the top of my head.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Distinctive Gem is cutting lab stones. And others of course. But DejaWiz is right diamond foundry/vrai would be the only one I know of growing and cutting their own stones. Well, Lightbox as well, but you can’t buy a specific stone and they are not precision cut.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Distinctive Gem is cutting lab stones. And others of course. But DejaWiz is right diamond foundry/vrai would be the only one I know of growing and cutting their own stones. Well, Lightbox as well, but you can’t buy a specific stone and they are not precision cut.

Yes...DG! And Jon's custom cuts are amongst the best on the whole planet!

MoreSparkle2

Rough_Rock
I have not come across distinctive gem before but it looks really interesting! I wasn’t so much meaning doing both growing and cutting (although amazing I’d they do) but more so who is cutting their own lab grown. It seems like a lot of places I have talked to are buying finished goods and just slapping their label on it if you all know what I mean?

MoreSparkle2

Rough_Rock
Quick follow up, I reached out to distinctive and am connecting with him tomorrow to discuss.

In other news, I didn’t want to start a new thread but I did have a quick question off topic, how would you guys rank certifications? Most trusted vs least or most difficult graders vs most lenient? Or is everyone equal? Igi D is just as good as Gcal d for example? Are all of them multiple graders factoring into the report or are some just 1 grader?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick follow up, I reached out to distinctive and am connecting with him tomorrow to discuss.

In other news, I didn’t want to start a new thread but I did have a quick question off topic, how would you guys rank certifications? Most trusted vs least or most difficult graders vs most lenient? Or is everyone equal? Igi D is just as good as Gcal d for example? Are all of them multiple graders factoring into the report or are some just 1 grader?

My opinion is the same as for natural diamonds: GIA is still king for color and clarity grading, and AGS and GCAL are superior to both GIA and IGI for cut grading. IGI is the most common report for lab diamonds.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
My opinion is the same as for natural diamonds: GIA is still king for color and clarity grading, and AGS and GCAL are superior to both GIA and IGI for cut grading. IGI is the most common report for lab diamonds.

Concerning GCAL specifically, which vendors offer that certification as an option? I know Adiamor, but are there any other vetted vendors you can snag an 8X from?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Concerning GCAL specifically, which vendors offer that certification as an option? I know Adiamor, but are there any other vetted vendors you can snag an 8X from?

Continental Diamond probably does.
DG carries and can get them.
Probably BG and soon to be JP.
Not sure if VC does or not.

MoreSparkle2

Rough_Rock
Ritani in the filters let’s your filter by Gcal I believe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results