shape
carat
color
clarity

WHO HAS THE BIGGEST SELECTIN IN ATLANTA?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TRIDENT

Rough_Rock
I am going to Atlanta Thuresday to purchase a diamond? Which stores have the biggest selection? and best prices? I am looking for a three stone setting oval (or emerald) 1.5 center stone, D-F. IF-VS1, EXCELENT CUT, plat setting, looking to spend around $10000? Your help is greatlluy appreciated? Thanks

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Hi Trident,
If you are really looking for 1.5ct center stone D/IF of lets say even F/VS1 in oval or Em cut. Plus some side stones set in Plattinum you will have a hard time to get it for this price anywhere, never mind retail stores.
You can buy it from a "wholesaler" but you will be paying $15000 for D/IF or min $8500 for F/VS1 if the cut is decent never mind excellent.
The platinum setting with two side diamonds can cost you easy $3500.

So, here you go,...
Where were you in 1980's I had a ring to suit your budget

George
GLE GEM Imports

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
, as lacina said you might not be a ble to get what you are looking for in your budget.the easiest way is to check prices on line and then compare.and get the best deal for your $$$.

best of luck
diamondsman
1.gif

TRIDENT

Rough_Rock
THANKS LACINA AND DIAMONDSMAN FOR THE REPLY,
I KNOW IF/D IS OUT OF THE QUESTION FOR $10000. DO YOU THINK I COULD FIND A THREE STONE RING (OVAL OR EMERALD ) WITH LOTS OF FIRE IN THE COLOR- F AND VS1 OR S1.
I WAS LOOKING AROUND AND SAW SOME BEAUTIFUL S1 RINGS. I WAS SURPRISED YOU YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS

HelluvaEngineer

Rough_Rock
I can tell you what I've seen so far in Atlanta:

Shane Company - great service, nice showroom, but high prices and THEY grade their own diamonds - no certs! Worth a shot, but plan on an appraisal.

D Geller - these guys are jerks and ex-used car salesmen as best as I can tell. I suggest avoiding them.

Cumberland Diamond Exchange - good salespeople, decent selection, and reasonable prices.

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Hello Trident,
I am sure you can find a beautiful ring suitable for your budget and you may still have some change left if you are smart about where and who to buy from,... Someone sugessted o line dealer, and I agree with it. But sometimes you can get a "smoking deal" at the store you wouldn't expected to buy from.

I had a 1.63ct F/vvs2 em cut in 14K setting with 2bagette diamonds totaling .30ct on sides also F/vvs. This ring was new and given to me on consigment by a cutter who needed a quick cash,... Things likr this do happen the ring was sold for $7500,...Fast!

If you think you should look at lower grades to fit your budget I agree with you,... However if you choose the emerald cut diamond please don't forget that Em cut is one of the most honest cuts so the inclusions on SI stone will be eye visible. They can be possibly visible also in Vs2 ,... So you really want to keep the clarity high good VS2 or better, VS1.
Vs1 clarity is a large step up ftom vs2, no way you can cee the inclusions with naked eye,... However with Em cut you have the luxury to go to lover color. Why? Because this type of cut does not retain the color as well as oval, round or princess,.. If you go as low as G-H the price at H starts to be very reasonable. You can go as low as GIA I if you like. The diamond will still look white to the eye when face up,..
If you buying an oval,... You should go the oposite route. Higher color and lower clarity Si1 is fine , because the brilliance of the oval will hide any inclusions visible to the eye,...

Emerald cut color is trully visible thorough the facetes and only expert can tell the difference. It needs to be graded from the side view so if you go for lower color , choose a setting that will hide the sides!
The Color of ovals can be easily graded face up co be carefull there!
Ovals of dood priportions can be very beautiful ,... One thing to watch out for is the lenght versus with. So the thing does not look like canoe. Another important thing to watch for is the bow tie efect when face up that can look very ugly

Happy Hunting!
George

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results