shape
carat
color
clarity

Who has had their wedding ring engraved?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
And what was the engraving?

FI and I just had our rings engraved with each other's initial and our wedding date.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
We are math geeks so ours are engraved with our first names with the union symbol between them.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
My DH's ring has our hyphenated last names, and the date of the wedding ceremony. My ring has the question my DH asked me right before our first date. ;))

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mine has sentimental statement that hubby said to me and our date. DH's had (past tense since it was stolen) meine liebling (my love in German) and our wedding date. :D

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
DH had the wedding date put in, so he wouldn't forget haha jk :)

I haven't gotten around to getting mine done yet, I suck! I'm thinking of putting 381 and the wedding date though. 381 was how my dad used to sign letters to my mom from overseas so the guys wouldn't make fun of him for saying I love you :) 3 words, 8 letters, 1 meaning :)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
FI has our wedding date engraved.

I have nothing (2mm band is bit thin for a clear engraving)

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
random_thought|1309358780|2957962 said:
DH had the wedding date put in, so he wouldn't forget haha jk :)

I haven't gotten around to getting mine done yet, I suck! I'm thinking of putting 381 and the wedding date though. 381 was how my dad used to sign letters to my mom from overseas so the guys wouldn't make fun of him for saying I love you :) 3 words, 8 letters, 1 meaning :)

Lovely. :appl:

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't done it yet, but I want to put "I thee wed - L" in his. I have no idea if it will fit though. We shall see!

Random_thought, the 381 is really cool!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1309359612|2957978 said:

I disagree! I wear a 2 mm band and the engraving is plenty clear. Pretty deep, too.

DH's band has "Mo Anam Cara. You are my one." in it. Mine says "Forever grateful for you."
No wedding dates.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think we will engrave our wedding date and maybe initials. we have not decided though!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
We both have our wedding date and "You're my favorite" engraved in our rings. It's a saying we started using before the wedding and we still use it to this day :love:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My wedding ring is 2mm and it's engraved. It has our wedding date on it. My ering has part of our wedding vows engraved: "I will love you and honor you..." and DH's has our wedding date and "...all the days of my life."

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
the 381 is killer cool .When i was going to get married many moons ago we were going to have the infinity figure with our date and initials inside.

mol42

Shiny_Rock
When DH and I were dating, he used to ask me every day "did I tell you I love you today?" (I would emphatically answer "NO!" even if it was untrue, and then he would tell me that he loved me.) This became our running joke/routine.
So his wedding band is engraved with "Did I tell you. . . (wedding date)" and my wedding band is engraved ". . .I love you today? (wedding date)"

Btw, my wedding band is only 1.7mm and I can't believe they got all that engraved on it!! Course I have to use the loupe to read it ;))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
In mine - His initials "to" my initials followed by our wedding date. In his - my initials "to" his initials followed by our wedding date.

My parent's wedding bands were engraved in the same way, so I was just doing what I knew. A little tradition, I suppose.

My wedding band is very narrow, and they griped about engraving it, but they got it done.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding band has our wedding date. My ering has a pink tourmaline for our dating anniversary and a diamond for our wedding anniversary. DH's band doesn't have anything.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1309405302|2958721 said:
In mine - His initials "to" my initials followed by our wedding date. In his - my initials "to" his initials followed by our wedding date.

My parent's wedding bands were engraved in the same way, so I was just doing what I knew. A little tradition, I suppose.

My wedding band is very narrow, and they griped about engraving it, but they got it done.

Ours are done that way, too. I think that just used to be the traditional way to do it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband's has: "Take my hand, take my whole life too... 1.9.10" which is after the lyrics that I walked down the aisle to: Elvis Presley "Can't Help Falling in Love With You" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Gh7VXtb9I

Mine has: "LP. PB. & WBWWW. 3 names. 1 love. (01.09.2010)"

Mine is also 2mm and engraved...in script.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Ours are engraved with sayings that mean something to us from early in our relationship.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
mol42|1309403659|2958672 said:
When DH and I were dating, he used to ask me every day "did I tell you I love you today?" (I would emphatically answer "NO!" even if it was untrue, and then he would tell me that he loved me.) This became our running joke/routine.
So his wedding band is engraved with "Did I tell you. . . (wedding date)" and my wedding band is engraved ". . .I love you today? (wedding date)"

Btw, my wedding band is only 1.7mm and I can't believe they got all that engraved on it!! Course I have to use the loupe to read it ;))

That's really sweet, Mol!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I just got ours done with 'i carry your heart 9.7.11' (that's 9 July for us). We're having the e.e. cummings poem as one of our readings.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I chose what to engrave in each other's rings without consulting one another. When we picked up the rings, we considered waiting until the wedding day to see what was inside, but Hubby couldn't wait. We peeked, and... we had each chosen the exact same phrase! Both of our rings are engraved with "My Perfect Match" inside. :praise: Totally fitting since we met on Match.com almost four years ago.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
DH's ring is titanium....I didn't know if they even could engrave it?

I wear DH's grandmas wedding band most of the time instead of my band....it is the match to the ering I wear that was passed on from her. It says in script "Leroy to Mary 5-24-47" its a thin band, maaaaaybe 2mm.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Engraved?
Why would anyone bury their wedding ring in a grave? :confused:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1309405302|2958721 said:

My parent's wedding bands were engraved in the same way, so I was just doing what I knew.

Same. My ring had my husband's first name then "to" then mine, then the date. His ring had my first name then "to" then his first name then the date. We had been told that that was how the engraving was done and we didn't know anything. So ours is traditional, too. Because we had no imagination and we followed whatever we were told was the rules.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
charbie|1309661626|2960948 said:
I wear DH's grandmas wedding band most of the time instead of my band....it is the match to the ering I wear that was passed on from her. It says in script "Leroy to Mary 5-24-47"

There you go. Another traditional one!

AGBF
:read:

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
We didn't tell each other what we engraved but waited until we read it personally.

Mine says : MyHeartMyLifeMyLove
His says: By Your Side

Not enough room to put the date for either of us....so far we have remembered it... :wacko:

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Mine didn't have any room, but my husband's says, "You are my everything 7.25.09"

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Clairitek|1309361703|2958014 said:
rosetta|1309359612|2957978 said:

I disagree! I wear a 2 mm band and the engraving is plenty clear. Pretty deep, too.

DH's band has "Mo Anam Cara. You are my one." in it. Mine says "Forever grateful for you."
No wedding dates.

Allow me to rephrase: my eyesight isn't good enough to see an engraving on a 2mm band!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results