shape
carat
color
clarity

Who has had their wedding ring engraved?

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1309478129|2959489 said:
Fly Girl|1309405302|2958721 said:
In mine - His initials "to" my initials followed by our wedding date. In his - my initials "to" his initials followed by our wedding date.

My parent's wedding bands were engraved in the same way, so I was just doing what I knew. A little tradition, I suppose.

My wedding band is very narrow, and they griped about engraving it, but they got it done.

Ours are done that way, too. I think that just used to be the traditional way to do it.
Ours done that way too.
And they match.
I can't understand having more than one wedding ring, I think partly because of the engraving and the fact that ours are a matching pair and we put them on each others hands at the altar. My w-ring is much more important to me than my engagement ring.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1309663942|2960969 said:
Engraved?
Why would anyone bury their wedding ring in a grave? :confused:

:lol:

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
chemgirl|1309356285|2957926 said:
We are math geeks so ours are engraved with our first names with the union symbol between them.

That is AMAZING!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
My husbands band says:
I Love You This Much

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My engagement ring is engraved and so is my husband's original wedding band. Mine says "My heart, forever" and his says, "My heart, always."

My niece got married recently and in their ceremony they both said, "I take you to be my wife/husband for all my days" so they had their bands engraved with "All My Days." Which I thought was lovely.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Mine reads "Take me the way I am" (which was from our first dance song) M + M 8/21/10
He hasn't settled on his ring(!), used his grandfather's ring (who had passed) at the ceremony and then ordered a tungsten ring as a stand in. When he decides on his official ring, we'll engrave it.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
my e-ring has our initials with a heart in between.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
My husband's is an antique band that was already engraved- it says "Wed-Lok", and we've both always wondered what the story was behind that.

I actually don't have a wedding band; it was part of an antique set that was soldered, and since I can't wear it anymore I haven't replaced it.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Mine says "plat950 0.08" and his just says "plat950"

The jeweler who made them asked if we wanted our names engraved in them and DH just said "no, I'll probably remember" and that was the end of it.

Also, when were were in the workshop, there was another couple in there having a blazing, horrible, lets call the wedding off type of row. Their wedding was the next week, she was Scottish, he was American. He had arranged the engraving, which was their names and wedding date. This means that the wedding date was, to here eye, wrong. Here, we put the day/month/year, in the US, it's month/day / year. She could not accept that this was a misunderstanding, but saw it as a deliberate slight. He could not believe that dates could be done differently and saw it as stubbornness. Each grew more entrenched in their viewpoint throughout the discussion. They did not see eye to eye on the matter (and from the contents of the row, on so many other matters either). I often wonder what became of them.

If I was to do it again, I'd probably have our names and wedding date engraved, not least because when we pass them on to our daughter, it might be nice for her to have a reminder of our wedding date (maybe?).

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
LGK|1310439689|2966951 said:
My husband's is an antique band that was already engraved- it says "Wed-Lok", and we've both always wondered what the story was behind that.

I actually don't have a wedding band; it was part of an antique set that was soldered, and since I can't wear it anymore I haven't replaced it.

LGK, as far as I know, Wed-lock was a patented 'system' of wedding and engagement rings, with notches and prongs to hold the two together in place, with the engagement ring stones in the right place. It was engraved on the inside of the bands, and it's possible that the wedding band (which bore the prongs) has been shaved down to remove the fitting system. I think it was patented in the early 1930s. It was usually engraved with cursive script, and sometimes with the patent number.

ETA I just did a quick search, and came up with this really interesting case! Confirms that Wed Lok was a trade mark and that it was patented in 1947.

http://ca.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19490914_0000026.NCA.htm/qx

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1310517028|2967638 said:
LGK|1310439689|2966951 said:

LGK, as far as I know, Wed-lock was a patented 'system' of wedding and engagement rings, with notches and prongs to hold the two together in place, with the engagement ring stones in the right place. It was engraved on the inside of the bands, and it's possible that the wedding band (which bore the prongs) has been shaved down to remove the fitting system. I think it was patented in the early 1930s. It was usually engraved with cursive script, and sometimes with the patent number.

ETA I just did a quick search, and came up with this really interesting case! Confirms that Wed Lok was a trade mark and that it was patented in 1947.

http://ca.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19490914_0000026.NCA.htm/qx
Oh cool, thanks! I had always wondered but hadn't actually, you know, googled it or anything :rodent: Interesting. I'd always wondered what time period his ring was from (it's just a plain pipe cut band, no clues there) and that narrows it down.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I had each others bands engraved and kept the inscriptions secret until after the ceremony.

His says "Forever and Ever <3" (and yes, that is an emoticon heart, it was hand-engraved by a local jeweler)
Mine says "As you wish" (from "The Princess Bride")

Reading them for the first time after the wedding was a really special moment and I am so glad we kept them secret!

We also purchased stand-in matching titanium bands for the honeymoon which are also engraved:

Mine says "6-26 I have found the one"
His says "In whom my soul delights 6-26"

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is a shared prong eternity so no engraving. I put "always" inside his- IRS how I've signed every note, card, email, etc to him since we were 14 years old.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1310541492|2967876 said:
Mine is a shared prong eternity so no engraving. I put "always" inside his- IRS how I've signed every note, card, email, etc to him since we were 14 years old.

Awww, you've been together since you were 14!

lucky dragon

Rough_Rock
Hi all I love this site..glad to know I'm not the only Jewelry nut around..thank you all for shairing pics and storys

on the inside of mine DH put the nickname he has for me and our wedding date, that is on the tri color braided one he gave me for my birthday. have to where a uniform everyday,same thing every day boreing . so I like to where differnt rings every day depending on my mood or what size my finger desides to be that day...Kenny your birdy is adorable
Mannequin..hubby and I met on match.com also its been 7 years 6 married

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My engagement ring has our wedding date engraved 7-12-80 and a tiny ruby which is hubby birthstone and month we got married.

I would love to have our original wide bands engraved. We have talked about it for the last 31 years but never got around to doing it.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
One of the coolest engravings I've seen on wedding bands came from when I worked at a b&m; these particular customers had their rings engraved "The (lastnames) Est. (wedding date)" It was VERY cool!

Paz

Rough_Rock
Ours are engraved with our pet names for each other: Monkey & Otter 8-24-09.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine: "I'm half crazy"
His: "All for the love of you"

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
lucky dragon|1319948430|3050255 said:
Hi all I love this site..glad to know I'm not the only Jewelry nut around..thank you all for shairing pics and storys

on the inside of mine DH put the nickname he has for me and our wedding date, that is on the tri color braided one he gave me for my birthday. have to where a uniform everyday,same thing every day boreing . so I like to where differnt rings every day depending on my mood or what size my finger desides to be that day...Kenny your birdy is adorable
Mannequin..hubby and I met on match.com also its been 7 years 6 married

Welcome Lucky Dragon!

CedarRapids

Shiny_Rock
chemgirl|1309356285|2957926 said:
We are math geeks so ours are engraved with our first names with the union symbol between them.

Yeah, but Venn did you get married?

(groan)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My engraving from him in my engagement ring is: "My Heart, Forever." His from me in his original wedding band is "My Heart, Always."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results