shape
carat
color
clarity

Who else is staying home on V-Day with their SO tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 6:49:12 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 2/13/2009 6:13:34 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
We''re not doing a thing for Valentine''s Day. It would be nice to go out for dinner or order something in but we need to save $. We''ll make dinner instead, jsut like any other typical night.
I know quite a few couples that don''t celebrate VDay and they always have fun. I also know some that have an anti-Vday! Do you think you''ll make a dessert or something fun tomorrow at least?
I just saw this. Sadly, we won''t be making anything special for dessert. I do have a cranberry orange bread mix that I could put together I supose, but while it''s delicious, it''s not really a dessert item. Oooh, wait, I just remembered -- we DO have a bottle of champagne and a bottle of sparkling wine that I had forgotten about. Tonight might be the perfect night to open them. We have strawberries too! No chocolate though. That''s all right; we''ll make do.
9.gif

Happy Valentine''s Day!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I was planning to reply to this thread saying that FI and I would stay home and do our usual Saturday night homemade dinner and a movie. We''re not really into Valentine''s Day stuff like fancy dinners and flowers usually.

However, about 30 min ago FI suggested that we drive down to Stamford (where I lived when I first moved here) and take a walk around our favorite park on the coast. That evolved into walking around the shops in Westport too and then going to our favorite seafood restaurant in Stamford for dinner. I hope it''s not super crowded! If it is we''ll just go to the fantastic rib place down the street that''s always crowd free.
18.gif
So I guess we''re mixing it up this year!

DentD

Rough_Rock
We decided ahead of time that we weren''t going to do much or go out for V-Day this year. DH is currently at a Taekwondo tournament (I ask you, what kind of martial arts school holds a tournament on Valentine''s Day?) until 4 PM or so and we really don''t want to bother with large crowds.

He decided that cooking some BBQ ribs would be a good way to spend our Saturday evening, so he put the ribs in the crockpot this morning. Now the entire place smells like BBQ!

(I don''t really like BBQ!
25.gif
)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, some wonderful evenings planned!! I wish you all a great night!

We just got some booze, and the movie, so we are all set until we order pizza later. I also went for a run earlier to ease the guilt of eating the high-calorie food. I''m all set for a fun evening in with DH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results