shape
carat
color
clarity

Who else is staying home on V-Day with their SO tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:10:46 PM
Author: musey

Date: 2/13/2009 6:44:15 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 2/13/2009 5:59:34 PM
Me
35.gif
Kcoursolle, your evening sounds perfect.

We''re going to have a homemade picnic in a park that''s a couple of blocks away for lunch, and we haven''t decided what the rest of the day will be. Dinner and movies at home, I''m sure... K, the pizza idea is growing on me!

We went to one of our favorite restaurants for Vday about three years ago, before either of us was aware of fixed menus and jacked up prices. They had gross ''romantic food'' (oysters? no thanks!) and none of the usual stuff we love to order there, and at the end of the night, our fixed menu + two glasses of wine (total, not each!) cost us $250
32.gif
No thank you. Pizza sounds absolutely GREAT to me!
$250, that''s outrageous! I would expect to eat something incredibly special for that price for two!! A picnic in the dark sound wonderful and quite romantic. It''s been raining like crazy over here otherwise I would be tempted to steal your idea!
Don''t we live in the same town? It''s not supposed to rain tomorrow! Today and every day after tomorrow, but supposedly not tomorrow.

We don''t eat pizza very often and the place that we go to is fabulous, so for us at least this is a real treat. He makes the best sauce, a bit spicey with nice fresh ingredients.
Speaking of living in the same area... care to share this find?
9.gif
Hey musey, I''ll cross my fingers for you it''s clear tomorrow! To be honest I hadn''t even looked at the weather report for tomorrow.

I''d be happy to let you know of the restaurant. It''s a small place on the corner of Bundy and Santa Monica Blvd. in WLA called "Tony''s". Pizza is very subjective, but it''s definitely DH and my favorite in town.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 6:41:42 PM
Author: bebe
We are staying put too. We think we will just throw some nice steaks on the grill, maybe make some crab cakes, salad, rice pilaf, nice wine.
I''m probably going to make a carrot cake - my favorite.
I love crab cakes and carrot cake, how funny! Carrot cake is definitely my favorite cake!!! Sounds delicious, enjoy your evening tomorrow!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 6:46:30 PM
Author: EBree
On second thought, I might whip up some homemade rice krispie treats for dessert. Sexy, huh?

An evening on the couch with a movie and rice krispie treats sounds perfect!! I''ve always loved rice krispie treats too, especially when they are still warm in the pan and goopy!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re staying in as well. We''re still deciding whether to get a take-away or just to cook something tasty...big decision!! We''ll probably watch a movie too.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:00:42 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 2/13/2009 6:57:49 PM

Date: 2/13/2009 6:28:16 PM
We never go out Valentine''s Dinner; hubby usually makes me a heart shaped pizza except this year. We are going out for lunch but he probably will do chicken cordon bleu for dinner and a nice beer or wine.

Kcoursolle, mmmm, to pizza!
How clever with the heart pizza, but I''m sure chicken cordon bleu will be a great change of pace too! Thanks for reminding me about the booze by the way!! DH and I are huge beer fans and now I''ll remember to pick some up for tomorrow.
Yay!! hehe Cheers Kcoursolle
143.gif
Cheers girl!! If I ever meet you in person hopefully we''ll share a pint or a few!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
We almost always stay home on Valentine''s Day, but we recently found a new restaurant, and they''re having a killer deal for a four course prix fixe menu with wine accompaniments. It''s honestly a better price than we pay for 2-3 courses on a normal evening.

The best part, the restaurant specializes in souffles, savory and sweet!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
We always stay home on V-Day. The very first one we spent together, in college, we weren''t "officially" dating, so we ordered pizza and watched The Full Monty, and had such a fun time.

When we started dating we decided why mess with what works, so that''s what we''ve done ever since and will continue to do (although different take-out and movies each year
2.gif
)

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:19:51 PM

Me
35.gif

We''re going to have a homemade picnic in a park that''s a couple of blocks away for lunch, and we haven''t decided what the rest of the day will be. Dinner and movies at home, I''m sure... K, the pizza idea is growing on me!

We went to one of our favorite restaurants for Vday about three years ago, before either of us was aware of fixed menus and jacked up prices. They had gross ''romantic food'' (oysters? no thanks!) and none of the usual stuff we love to order there, and at the end of the night, our fixed menu + two glasses of wine (total, not each!) cost us $250
32.gif

$250, that''s outrageous! I would expect to eat something incredibly special for that price for two!! A picnic in the dark sound wonderful and quite romantic. It''s been raining like crazy over here otherwise I would be tempted to steal your idea!

Don''t we live in the same town? It''s not supposed to rain tomorrow! Today and every day after tomorrow, but supposedly not tomorrow.

We don''t eat pizza very often and the place that we go to is fabulous, so for us at least this is a real treat. He makes the best sauce, a bit spicey with nice fresh ingredients.

9.gif

Hey musey, I''ll cross my fingers for you it''s clear tomorrow! To be honest I hadn''t even looked at the weather report for tomorrow.

I''d be happy to let you know of the restaurant. It''s a small place on the corner of Bundy and Santa Monica Blvd. in WLA called ''Tony''s''. Pizza is very subjective, but it''s definitely DH and my favorite in town.

KCoursolle, I know that place! I haven''t been there in years and years though. I used to go there with an ex somewhat regularly, but that''s made it kind of ''verboten'' now.
38.gif
Boys. They can be territorial in the strangest ways.

So, is the pizza there good enough that I should fight for the right to go there??

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the recommendation, K! We''ll have to check it out!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:44:33 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis

Date: 2/13/2009 7:19:51 PM

Me
35.gif

32.gif

9.gif

I''d be happy to let you know of the restaurant. It''s a small place on the corner of Bundy and Santa Monica Blvd. in WLA called ''Tony''s''. Pizza is very subjective, but it''s definitely DH and my favorite in town.

KCoursolle, I know that place! I haven''t been there in years and years though. I used to go there with an ex somewhat regularly, but that''s made it kind of ''verboten'' now.
38.gif
Boys. They can be territorial in the strangest ways.

So, is the pizza there good enough that I should fight for the right to go there??
How funny you used to go there all the time with your ex! I would say that it''s definitely worth going to despite this, but I would get it delivered ;-)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:56:21 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, K! We''ll have to check it out!!
No prob, hope you like it!!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
DH and I celebrate Vday on the 15th, it comes from a Bud Lite commercial that was "selling cards" like "I''m sorry I did that thing that made you mad". One said "Let''s make February 15th our Valentine''s Day" so that''s what we do and have ever since then
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:41:33 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
We almost always stay home on Valentine''s Day, but we recently found a new restaurant, and they''re having a killer deal for a four course prix fixe menu with wine accompaniments. It''s honestly a better price than we pay for 2-3 courses on a normal evening.

If you found a restaurant with a great and affordable menu, then go for it!! I think you''ll have a great tme. Congrats and enjoy your great meal tomorrow! Souffles sound wonderful.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:16:33 PM
Author: Scorpioanne
DH and I celebrate Vday on the 15th, it comes from a Bud Lite commercial that was ''selling cards'' like ''I''m sorry I did that thing that made you mad''. One said ''Let''s make February 15th our Valentine''s Day'' so that''s what we do and have ever since then
1.gif
What an awesome card and how awesome you took on the tradition! It seems like a great idea and a great way to save on all things Valentines day related! I''m thinking about hitting up my local drug store to buy some reduced priced candy on Sunday!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 5:46:40 PM
Author:kcoursolle
DH and I decided just to stay home tomorrow and rent a movie and order pizza from our favorite old Italian guy down the street. Anyone else decide to avoid the crowds at dinner and just stay home?
Welll....actually it's going to be super quiet here, since I'm going to be the *ONLY* one home!
14.gif
It's okay, I got my gifts and chocolates and mushy cards. Would be wonderful to have some chocolate covered strawberries with champagne, but we'll see. Seems kind of decadent maybe? Plus I wouldn't know how to open champagne by myself. Heck, I'm actually giving myself some ideas here! Might be a party afterall.
11.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I think my hubby would rather eat at your house, he loves lamb. HA!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I tried to post earlier, but I think my post got eaten.

We''re going out for part of the day (movie and dinner) but I just made my first home-made tiramisu (omg, who knew that whipped cream, marscapone, and sugar were so yummy! I wanted to forget the rest of the stuff and just serve that) and we bought champagne and strawberries at the store this evening, so in place of where we''d usually have dessert and then go out for drinks, we''ll be staying in.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:23:59 PM

Date: 2/13/2009 7:00:42 PM

Date: 2/13/2009 6:57:49 PM

How clever with the heart pizza, but I''m sure chicken cordon bleu will be a great change of pace too! Thanks for reminding me about the booze by the way!! DH and I are huge beer fans and now I''ll remember to pick some up for tomorrow.
Yay!! hehe Cheers Kcoursolle
143.gif
Cheers girl!! If I ever meet you in person hopefully we''ll share a pint or a few!
Yes, definitely; I would love that sweet Kcoursolle!!!
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
kcoursolle, your evening plans sound great!

We usually stay home for V Day. Last year, we went to a nice restaurant for V Day since we wanted to try this place. Both of us weren''t aware of fixed menus and jacked up prices. I was also disappointed because I wanted to eat lamb, which wasn''t offered. I didn''t get to enjoy the meal either because I thought I was pregnant (which I was, we found out a few days after V Day!
1.gif
) so I was watching what I ate. That''s the one and only time we''ll go out to dinner on V Day.

We don''t really celebrate V Day (no gifts). We''ll just stay home, probably order out, and hope that our baby isn''t fussy and lets us enjoy dinner together.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
We are staying in also. We had "date night" Wednesday night. Went to a dinner and a movie while the IL''s watched DD. It was a nice "Valentine''s Day."

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:17:44 PM
Author: lyra

Date: 2/13/2009 5:46:40 PM
Author:kcoursolle
DH and I decided just to stay home tomorrow and rent a movie and order pizza from our favorite old Italian guy down the street. Anyone else decide to avoid the crowds at dinner and just stay home?
Welll....actually it''s going to be super quiet here, since I''m going to be the *ONLY* one home!
14.gif
It''s okay, I got my gifts and chocolates and mushy cards. Would be wonderful to have some chocolate covered strawberries with champagne, but we''ll see. Seems kind of decadent maybe? Plus I wouldn''t know how to open champagne by myself. Heck, I''m actually giving myself some ideas here! Might be a party afterall.
11.gif
Strawberries and champagne sound divine, you should definitely do it even if it''s just you! When I was single or when I was long distange with DH I tried to celebrate Vday with good friends who were single and it was just as fun honestly! We would bake, watch a movie, chat, and have a good old fashioned gradeschool sleepover.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:32:27 PM
Author: Elmorton
I tried to post earlier, but I think my post got eaten.

We''re going out for part of the day (movie and dinner) but I just made my first home-made tiramisu (omg, who knew that whipped cream, marscapone, and sugar were so yummy! I wanted to forget the rest of the stuff and just serve that) and we bought champagne and strawberries at the store this evening, so in place of where we''d usually have dessert and then go out for drinks, we''ll be staying in.
mmmmmm, that sounds scrumptious! I''ve never attempted home-made tiramisu, but glad to hear it actually works out and tastes great! I''ll have to try it one of these days!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:51:33 PM
Author: snlee
kcoursolle, your evening plans sound great!

We usually stay home for V Day. Last year, we went to a nice restaurant for V Day since we wanted to try this place. Both of us weren''t aware of fixed menus and jacked up prices. I was also disappointed because I wanted to eat lamb, which wasn''t offered. I didn''t get to enjoy the meal either because I thought I was pregnant (which I was, we found out a few days after V Day!
1.gif
) so I was watching what I ate. That''s the one and only time we''ll go out to dinner on V Day.

We don''t really celebrate V Day (no gifts). We''ll just stay home, probably order out, and hope that our baby isn''t fussy and lets us enjoy dinner together.
What a bummer last year, but at least you got a wonderful little present!! I''ll cross my fingers you and your DH have a quiet and peaceful little one tomorrow so you can enjoy your evening and eachother!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Gals, it seems like there''s a LOT of red meat meals planned for tomorrow. Why''s that? Is it an indulgence for a special occasion? Pleasing our meat and potato guys? Or are we all just meat and potato girls? I think it''s a little of all three for me.
18.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hubby came home with a dozen white roses and all the trimmings--I bought Heidseick and Rack of Lamb. Restaurants are a scandal on Valentines--who needs it?
14.gif
Will dine out the next two weeks following....
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are staying home. We will be grilling lamb, red bliss potatoes and asparagus. Maybe some chocolate cake or strawberries dipped in chocolate...

Hubby's birthday is Sunday, we have a party planned at our club.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:21:07 PM
Author: Linda W
Gypsy, I think my hubby would rather eat at your house, he loves lamb. HA!!!
LOL-- must be a guy thing. John picked the menu since all I am really doing is the marniating.

My favorite thing to do for special occassions out is a really nice brunch.

Burk.... that sounds like our New Years Eve. We had a very nice time, but the food was mediocre and we spent ... around 400 with tip???? I actually enjoy ''gross'' romantic food like oysters, but... pre-fix menus, mediocre service, jacked up prices, and crowded restuarants are not my thing. We won''t be doing that again.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:41:33 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

OMG is it called Rise? I read about it in the NY Times after you mentioned it - I can''t wait to try it when we move out there (even if we''re in Houston I''ll be spending lots of time in Dallas as well) - that sounds like it will be amazing
18.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are going to a new winery up the river with another couple. Should be fun!
drinkingbuddies.gif
<--- wine bottles
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Ellen that is soo sweet! My DH and I aren''t big into V-day.

We''re starting the morning off (him w/ a 12 mile bike ride) eating breakfast, then we''ll both swim 1,500 meters. Then I''ll run 6-8 miles. (Training doesn''t stop for holidays.
40.gif
) After that we''ll totally gorge ourselves silly. I''ll be making some fudge brownies, and we''ll watch a totally NON-CHICKFLICK movie... I think he wants to watch Max Payne... but we''ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results