shape
carat
color
clarity

Who does recuts?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have two blue zircons with great color but so so cut. They are large stones and I am prepared to loose the weight. Does anyone know who out of the precision cutters will recut stones?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know Gary Braun ([email protected]) does amazing work and is highly respected here.
I haven't had anything cut by him (yet) but he's on the top of my list when I do.

Charmy-is that a new avatar or am I just that oblivious lol. In any case- what a cutie!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Dan Stair and Jerry Newman.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't know that Gary will recut a customer's stone but I know others have used Dan Stair and Jerry Newman. I cannot recommend Jerry more highly as I've seen some really fancy recuts.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1365553464|3423664 said:
I didn't know that Gary will recut a customer's stone but I know others have used Dan Stair and Jerry Newman. I cannot recommend Jerry more highly as I've seen some really fancy recuts.

You know, I might have gotten that mixed up. I admire his work so much and almost had him do a project for me that I have since put on hold but that was from his own rough. Sleep deprived individual that I am...sorry if I got that wrong! :oops: But I do love his work. :love:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the recommendations. What about Peter T?

I am really wanting a Barry round from my stone but he doesn't take customer stones.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
missy|1365551559|3423631 said:
Charmy-is that a new avatar or am I just that oblivious lol. In any case- what a cutie!

I decided it's time for my dog to get some love too.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have high regard for Jerry Newman and recommend him without reservation - he has cut several stones cut for me - two tourmalines from rough and also recut a 3.0ct-plus Tanzanite for me - very talented, very honest, very reasonably priced, great communication, and the turnaround time was max one week each time - http://www.gemartservices.com/newstuff.htm.

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
marymm|1365555547|3423694 said:
I also have high regard for Jerry Newman and recommend him without reservation - he has cut several stones cut for me - two tourmalines from rough and also recut a 3.0ct-plus Tanzanite for me - very talented, very honest, very reasonably priced, great communication, and the turnaround time was max one week each time - http://www.gemartservices.com/newstuff.htm.
Agreed, he cut a couple stones for me and I was very pleased.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like Jerry is the man. Any idea what pricing looks like for a recut?

VAgemguy

Rough_Rock
Yes, Jerry is the man. He has recut several stones for me also. Price is based on weight, but I would estimate around $150 for a 3ish carat finished stone.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for Jerry- he was great!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricing is dependent on the carat weight of the rough. I'm not sure how much it would cost today.

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like Jerry but Dan Stair is also amazing. I've had at least 20+ stones recut by Dan, and about 5 by Jerry. Have been pleased with both!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo|1365551387|3423628 said:
I have two blue zircons with great color but so so cut. They are large stones and I am prepared to loose the weight. Does anyone know who out of the precision cutters will recut stones?

Just be aware that if they are deep stones, they could end up a lighter color of blue if you remove some of the belly weight. I had a deep blue zircon and was going to have it recut, but was warned it would lighten, so I opted to sell it and get one with a cut I liked better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results