shape
carat
color
clarity

Who bought it? GOG 1.74 O IF?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t been around from quite some time, but I went to check THIS 1.74 O IF diamond from Good Old Gold? I frequent this diamond when I am avoiding working on my dissertation... I almost cried when I saw it was sold...I''m happy for whoever bought her - would love to see it set in something absolutely gorgeous...it''s not like I could afford it, but...I dreamed about it often! I''m sad for me but happy for you! I did a search but couldn''t find the lucky person!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/who-bought-this-diamond.115517/
2.gif

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, you''re right! I believe this stone has gotten quite a bit of attention - I drool over it often too. Hope it''s going into a marvelous setting befitting a loving owner!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
This stone, not only stunning, stunning, what a bargain.

30.gif

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Bump...

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

Hey all- I''m a newbie to the diamond buying process . . . . .. Wouldn’t an O colored diamond be yellowish . . . .in what type of setting would you want to have one in?

Not for an engagement ring?

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, yes, it is a bit, and yes, it could still be used in a ring!
31.gif

I wish it was mine!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If Hearts & Arrows precision (ie Superior Optical Symmetry) represents less than 1% of diamonds on the market this particular diamond was in a league of its own when you look at the numbers on this thing. I''m really going to miss this one. I was actually poised to recut it to one of my new Sig OEC''s because it had been around so long as an H&A and warmer colors in older cutting styles are more popular but since it sold ditched the idea. I''m glad to see people really appreciated this masterpiece of art.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I was nowhere close to being able to purchase it and hadn''t seen it in person, but I knew after seeing the video for it that it would be fabulous! It was in the hearts of many...

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL... its back up again.
41.gif
This may be recut to a GOG Sig OEC soon.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I''m the cause of the confusion.
5.gif
I posted about it in the other thread but I think I wasn''t clear enough about what happened. I had the stone sent over to Philly so I could take a look at it with an independent appraiser.

It was a beautiful stone and it about broke my heart to send it back, but ultimately it wasn''t quite right for the RHR I had in mind (mostly because it turns out that I am a big ol'' size whore, as I also posted elsewhere). Phenomenal sparkler, though. It gave off the most amazing fire I''ve ever seen in person. If it had been a teensy bit bigger...

As is, I''ll just be saving up my pennies for those OECs.
2.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mystery solved!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 1:05:55 PM
Author: Rhino
41.gif
Don''t do that, this diamond is cut with such precision it would be criminal to recut it.
19.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 5:47:26 PM
Author: QueenMum
Date: 5/21/2009 1:05:55 PM

41.gif

Don''t do that, this diamond is cut with such precision it would be criminal to recut it.

19.gif

So are you buying it?? :razz:

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
I vote we find 80 PS'ers to each kick in $100 and have a raffle so it doesn't have to be recut (and I love OEC's). Anyone up for it?
2.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am. I''m even thinking about buying it. For what I have no idea but I''ve also looked at it for months.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 6:01:54 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
So are you buying it?? :razz:
No, I''m another size whore.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I can continue to drool and admire it... obviously diamond prices aren''t being too affected by the economy...

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 1:35:23 PM
Author: Liane
5.gif
I posted about it in the other thread but I think I wasn''t clear enough about what happened. I had the stone sent over to Philly so I could take a look at it with an independent appraiser.

It was a beautiful stone and it about broke my heart to send it back, but ultimately it wasn''t quite right for the RHR I had in mind (mostly because it turns out that I am a big ol'' size whore, as I also posted elsewhere). Phenomenal sparkler, though. It gave off the most amazing fire I''ve ever seen in person. If it had been a teensy bit bigger...

2.gif
Thanks for posting.

You say it isn''t big enough. What size finger do you have by chance? And the color...can you describe it please. I mean, in person, what did the color look like - was it obviously more warm?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/21/2009 1:35:23 PM
5.gif

2.gif

Exactly why I want to recut this to a precision/ideal cut OEC. Sincerely it breaks my heart to do so but the fact of the matter is that these warmer colors are in higher demand in chunkies. My next batch of recuts isn''t going out for a while so it''ll be around for a little bit longer but I believe this in an OEC will be more marketable. That is unless it finds a home before recutting.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 8:09:58 PM
Author: Elegant
You say it isn''t big enough. What size finger do you have by chance? And the color...can you describe it please. I mean, in person, what did the color look like - was it obviously more warm?

My ring size is a 5.5. It wasn''t an issue of finger coverage so much as choosing between a 1.74 IF O superideal and a 2.01 eyeclean SI1 J not-quite-ideal (cut class 1A) for the same money. In theory I always thought I''d go for quality first, especially since I love warm colors so that wasn''t a problem for me (neither were the inclusions in the J -- in my mind, this was strictly a choice between a true superideal cut and one that wasn''t quite there). In practice, it turns out I want the big rock. Oh well, now I know myself a little better.
40.gif

Indoors, I would describe the color of the O as a soft golden-yellow. I don''t know if you''ve ever seen farm-fresh cream from pastured cows, but it''s about that same color -- more yellow than white, almost golden, simultaneously lighter and richer than the color of butter. There is no mistaking that it is a yellow diamond, but it''s a very pretty color in its own right.

Outdoors in shaded sunlight, the yellow color softens to a candlelight white. Again, it''s clearly got a warmer/richer tint than a colorless or near-colorless diamond -- there was no mistaking that when the stone was on its own, much less next to my I-colored e-ring diamond -- but it truly is a beautiful diamond in itself.

In both lighting conditions, that diamond was extraordinarily fiery. There was a noticeable difference between the quality of its fire and that thrown off by the 1A J, even to my inexpert eyes. I''m not knowledgeable enough to say whether that was because of its deeper color or the difference in cut quality or both, but you could definitely tell a difference.

Remembering it makes me sad again. Ah, well. Would that I could wear more than two rings without looking silly. It''s too beautiful for me to want to put it in a pendant -- if I can''t stare at it all the time myself, what''s the point? -- but I only need two rings. It really is, and was, a work of art.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 1:12:29 AM
Exactly why I want to recut this to a precision/ideal cut OEC. Sincerely it breaks my heart to do so but the fact of the matter is that these warmer colors are in higher demand in chunkies. My next batch of recuts isn''t going out for a while so it''ll be around for a little bit longer but I believe this in an OEC will be more marketable. That is unless it finds a home before recutting.

Eeeh, I hope someone buys it before then. I agree with Stephan -- recutting this stone would be a tragedy. It''s perfect just the way it is. I really, really wouldn''t want to see it vanish from the world. It would be like repainting a Rossetti because Picasso is more marketable: even if it''s true, and even if the rework goes flawlessly, what a shame to see something so rare destroyed.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d be the first to admit that I''m a sub-novice when it comes to diamonds, but...

what a beautiful stone!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Please don''t recut it! I too have admired this diamond for months! If I could afford it I''d buy it in a heartbeat.

tlroza

Rough_Rock
Would this diamond look better in a yellow gold setting rather than white? Or does it matter?

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I would set it in WG/Platinum antique looking setting to show the yellow.
I wouldn''t try to hide the color with yellow gold.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 6:47:56 AM
Date: 5/21/2009 8:09:58 PM

Author: Elegant

My ring size is a 5.5. It wasn''t an issue of finger coverage so much as choosing between a 1.74 IF O superideal and a 2.01 eyeclean SI1 J not-quite-ideal (cut class 1A) for the same money. In theory I always thought I''d go for quality first, especially since I love warm colors so that wasn''t a problem for me (neither were the inclusions in the J -- in my mind, this was strictly a choice between a true superideal cut and one that wasn''t quite there). In practice, it turns out I want the big rock. Oh well, now I know myself a little better.
40.gif

Indoors, I would describe the color of the O as a soft golden-yellow. I don''t know if you''ve ever seen farm-fresh cream from pastured cows, but it''s about that same color -- more yellow than white, almost golden, simultaneously lighter and richer than the color of butter. There is no mistaking that it is a yellow diamond, but it''s a very pretty color in its own right.

Outdoors in shaded sunlight, the yellow color softens to a candlelight white. Again, it''s clearly got a warmer/richer tint than a colorless or near-colorless diamond -- there was no mistaking that when the stone was on its own, much less next to my I-colored e-ring diamond -- but it truly is a beautiful diamond in itself.

In both lighting conditions, that diamond was extraordinarily fiery. There was a noticeable difference between the quality of its fire and that thrown off by the 1A J, even to my inexpert eyes. I''m not knowledgeable enough to say whether that was because of its deeper color or the difference in cut quality or both, but you could definitely tell a difference.

Remembering it makes me sad again. Ah, well. Would that I could wear more than two rings without looking silly. It''s too beautiful for me to want to put it in a pendant -- if I can''t stare at it all the time myself, what''s the point? -- but I only need two rings. It really is, and was, a work of art.
Thanks for all of the details.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 12:22:24 PM
Author: QueenMum
I would set it in WG/Platinum antique looking setting to show the yellow.

I wouldn''t try to hide the color with yellow gold.
If it were me, I would set it in my pillow and sleep with it at night!
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 6:03:25 PM
Author: jet2ks
I vote we find 80 PS''ers to each kick in $100 and have a raffle so it doesn''t have to be recut (and I love OEC''s). Anyone up for it?
2.gif
Count me in as another fan of this diamond. I''d be up for a raffle.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results