Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
My favorite jewelers are:

Oscar Heyman
Cartier
Van Cleef & Arpels
Harry Winston

in that order.

Laurie told me about Oscar Heyman. I didn't know anything about them. The only thing I knew was that Elizabeth Taylor's famous collection has Oscar Heyman pieces in it.

I am so totally in love with Oscar Heyman now. I don't know how to describe why I like them so much. The best way I can put it is that I don't feel they're referencing the greatness of their past in their craftsmanship. It's like they got lost in time, and just never stopped doing what they were doing back in the day. They are nothing short of incredible. I'm enjoying looking at their pieces so much. I have one on my iPhone as my current 'desktop.' I'm such a jewelry nerd.

Please note this thread isn't what you think are the best, or the most status-having jewelers, just which ones do you personally like for any reason(s) whatsoever.

Let's hear it.

Thanks!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am not that familier with many I hear mentioned here but one whose work just really amazed me was Cathy Waterman, her mixed metal use and her leaves are amazing!!! I also really like Van Craeynest :love:
Off to check out Oscar Heyman now....

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Cathy Carmendy
Lucie Campbell
Cathy Waterman
Leslie Greene
Jude Francis
Alex Sepkus
Gurhan
Emily Armenta

I love vintage inspired designs. Cathy Carmendy, Lucie Campbell, and Leslie Greene all have an Edwardian feel, which really appeals to me. Alex Sepkus, Gurhan, and Cathy Waterman create wearable art out of totally unique designs.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Graff
Leviev
La Vielle Russie (exquisite estate jewelry)
Kentshire (also great estate jewelry)
Tiffany
Cartier
Harry Winston
Van Cleef & Arpels

Gone but never forgotten: J E Caldwell (Philadelphia)
Linde Meyer (Philadelphia)

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi Danny! :wavey:

Faberge - so inventive, without power tools too! :shock:

Harry Winston - major stones :cheeky:

Early Cartier, Tiffany :love:

Here's a link to the Skinner Boston fine jewels auction, for some fab eye candy and some of the names mentioned. Skinner are the folks you often see on antiques roadshow authenticating things. I've bid on a couple of things over the years, but never had enough $$ to win anything. They are very polite people there, even when I've given them my pitiful little bids.

If you click on the catalog cover under the blue "bid now" button, it launches a fabulous catalog that you can thumb through. Fun! :appl:

http://www.skinnerinc.com/fine-jewelry-auction.php?fam=11&type=latest

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
love this question!
Edwardian period Tiffany
Deco period Cartier
Carl Faberge
Rene Lalique
American Indian artists Charles Loloma & Ray Tracy
early Verdura
1920-30s Chanel
early Robert Lee Morris