shape
carat
color
clarity

Who are some of your favorite designers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

garek007

Shiny_Rock
hi,

I am about to purchase a loose stone, and now I have to tackle something I haven''t even started researching yet.... the setting.

Who are some of your favorite designers? and who is known to be in a ''higher class'' than the rest? Obvously Tiffany''s right? but what others?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
James Meyer. the end.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
When I think of high end, I don''t think Tiff, Cartier, Winston etc. But that''s because their designs aren''t my style and no offense to anyone, but because these brands have become so mainstream, are too easy to copy by an experienced jeweler. And they have been, over and over and over.. etc..

I like very, very, modern. For me, designers like Henrich & Denzel, Niessing, Ulla & Martin Kaufman, and Steven Kretchmer all fit the bill of high end. Their rings are hand made and of exceptional quality, and I have yet to see any of their designs replicated.

SpareMyWallet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2010 7:57:54 PM
Author: elle_chris
When I think of high end, I don''t think Tiff, Cartier, Winston etc. But that''s because their designs aren''t my style and no offense to anyone, but because these brands have become so mainstream, are too easy to copy by an experienced jeweler. And they have been, over and over and over.. etc..

I like very, very, modern. For me, designers like Henrich & Denzel, Niessing, Ulla & Martin Kaufman, and Steven Kretchmer all fit the bill of high end. Their rings are hand made and of exceptional quality, and I have yet to see any of their designs replicated.
I looked at all their websites just now. Far from timeless. Way to modern to my liking. Those designers are not copied because no one wants them. I thought people wanting to copy your designs was the highest form of flattery?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2010 8:34:31 PM
Author: SpareMyWallet

I looked at all their websites just now. Far from timeless. Way to modern to my likinThose designers are not copied because no one wants them. I thought people wanting to copy your designs was the highest form of flattery?

Wow that was rude and totally not true since Elle_Chris clearly stated she liked their styling.

Some of my favorites are Leon Mege and James Meyer. I also love Harry Winston and Cartier; however, if I were going to spend big bucks I wouldn''t be going mainstream.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2010 8:34:31 PM
Author: SpareMyWallet

I looked at all their websites just now. Far from timeless. Way to modern to my liking. Those designers are not copied because no one wants them. I thought people wanting to copy your designs was the highest form of flattery?
Actually, enough people want them or they wouldn''t be in business.
To be honest, I love Tiff''s solitare. But because it''s so easy to get something very similiar, I wouldn''t spend the money on one.

Thanks Hudson. I agree with Leon Mege if I wanted pave, and James Meyer if I wanted something romantic.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, my favorite designer is local for me here in Georgia. However, I would hate to name him now!!!

As far as a mainstream designer, I really like Chris Correia. She is a woman, and her work has this really different look about it.
You can see her work on the Pearlman''s website.

SpareMyWallet

Shiny_Rock
My apologies for being blunt. I understand some people want unique rings that aren''t your typical 9 out of 10 looking rings. Good for you for going for one of kind designs that are too complex to immitate. I guess I initially took offense to your first paragraph.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
michael b is one of my all time favorites.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love Leon Mege, Daniel K, and Michael B. If I could afford it, I would go for Neil Lane and Martin Katz too :razz:

garek007

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone. I''m really liking the scott Kay and tacori.

the James Meyer rings seem interesting, but not quite for me. same for the correia ones.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Ritani a lot, and Sholdt, and I also like Mark Pattison. Micheal Bondanza also has designs I like. Leon Mege and Mark Morrell also kick butt.

garek007

Shiny_Rock
ok next question, where do you actually buy these styles? do they sell them at ShaneCo or Robbins Bros? Custom Jewelers? Or can you only buy them online?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Pearlmans. Great PS vendor, excellent reputation, insure the diamond during the setting process. PS discount
2.gif

www.pearlmansjewelers.com

garek007

Shiny_Rock
I''m loving Scott Kay''s stuff over at Pearlmans. Can you get it any cheaper anywhere else? Dreamer, how do I apply the discount at pearlmans?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 9:27:57 AM
Author: garek007
I''m loving Scott Kay''s stuff over at Pearlmans. Can you get it any cheaper anywhere else? Dreamer, how do I apply the discount at pearlmans?

pearlmans will usually have the best prices. They will pricematch and give you an additional 10% off if you can find the same setting advertised at a lower price than theirs. You need to call or email them for a quote and tell them you are pricescoper.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/15/2010 8:47:37 PM
Author: Pink Tower
Actually, my favorite designer is local for me here in Georgia. However, I would hate to name him now!!!

As far as a mainstream designer, I really like Chris Correia. She is a woman, and her work has this really different look about it.

You can see her work on the Pearlman''s website.

There are a lot of excellent designers working out of ‘one man’ type of shops because they prefer the control they get that way. I’m sure your local would love to be endorsed here. There’s a big audience here, including other folks in Georgia and everyone needs more customers, even a one man shop serving a strictly local customer base. Give him/her a plug.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results