Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash's ACA rounds vs GOG signature rounds

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Messages
200
Hi, being relatively new to this diamond knowledge. I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between an ACA by Whiteflash and GOG signatures in the rounds. They look same to me. Is one superior to other? I have seen videos on GOG website on their beautiful stones, while the ACA pictures lool heavenly.. What's a person to do. Thanks.
 

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
24,364
Both are really top brands.

There may be subtle nuances differentiating them based on each vendor's preferences, but I don't think they will be noticable to most consumers.
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,963
They are both fine companies offering top cut!

I'd flip a coin or closely compare all of their policies to see if one is more to your liking.
 

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
71
I can't comment on the diamonds themselves but I can say I felt like GOG gave me more info about the diamond and the CS was excellent. Whiteflash got somewhat pushy with me which turned me off. My customer service experience ranked based on *personal* preference was:
GOG
James Allen
Whiteflash

I think what turned me off the most from Whiteflash was their call to tell me that prices are going up and I needed to decide right away. A week of refreshing the same diamonds later they were the same price... I didn't like that.

I may put JA and GOG on the same level but since I decided to go with GOG and they were great afterwards I ranked them higher.
 

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
945
This may be a stupid question, but how do you know which GOG diamonds are "signature rounds"? I don't see any marked that way on their web site.
 

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
5,549
IbrahimSS|1311716423|2977332 said:
I can't comment on the diamonds themselves but I can say I felt like GOG gave me more info about the diamond and the CS was excellent. Whiteflash got somewhat pushy with me which turned me off. My customer service experience ranked based on *personal* preference was:
GOG
James Allen
Whiteflash

I think what turned me off the most from Whiteflash was their call to tell me that prices are going up and I needed to decide right away. A week of refreshing the same diamonds later they were the same price... I didn't like that.

I may put JA and GOG on the same level but since I decided to go with GOG and they were great afterwards I ranked them higher.
WF is telling you the truth. I purchased a diamond tennis bracelet from them several months ago. The price is now $2500 more. I spoke with my local jeweler this weekend and he told me there have been two recent price increases and a third one is coming. He's not trying to scare me into a purchase, either. Folks, get your diamonds reappraised ASAP. I was shocked at the priced differential :o
 

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
71
risingsun|1311738311|2977684 said:
WF is telling you the truth. I purchased a diamond tennis bracelet from them several months ago. The price is now $2500 more. I spoke with my local jeweler this weekend and he told me there have been two recent price increases and a third one is coming. He's not trying to scare me into a purchase, either. Folks, get your diamonds reappraised ASAP. I was shocked at the priced differential :o
Hold on.... yes diamond prices are rising. I know that. That's been talked about on this forum quite a bit lately. The issue here is simple. They told me they were increasing their prices on the forum as we spoke so I had to buy now. I checked back a week or two later and it was the same price. There is a difference between the two things...
 

bagelboy

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
186
Yes, Which vendor has the best diamonds? You really have to compare one diamond from vendor A to another diamond from vendor B.There might be very small differences that might make a particular diamond better, but in most cases,it is the settings or the trade up policies or a particular sales assistant or a lower price that is the deciding factor. I have purchased diamonds from several vendors, depending on price and availability. I would call the vendor who has the diamond closest to your desired budget. But sometimes someone else bags your diamond and then Plan B happens. Hope that helps!
 

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
71
It's a pretty competitive industry so the policies are similar but not exactly the same. Same thing with the diamonds. No two are exactly the same and it depends on availability of the vendor's supply. The Rapport comes out every Friday and vendors use that as a benchmark for prices. So to answer who has the best diamonds.... as far as I know, no one. Each one has their fair share of duds and beauties. You need to evaluate each stone. Set your criteria (4 C's, cost, H&A, HCA, etc), search, then compare.
 

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
22,497
kindred|1311737771|2977675 said:
This may be a stupid question, but how do you know which GOG diamonds are "signature rounds"? I don't see any marked that way on their web site.
It will say that it is a "Superior Round Diamond" and right after the box that contains the info on the stone on the right side it
will say that it has a Lifetime Guarantee.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8286/ /* signature stone */

The other non-sig stones will be called "Traditional Round Diamond" and will only have a 30 day guarantee.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8099/ /* non-sig stone */
 

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
71
IbrahimSS|1311738643|2977693 said:
They told me they were increasing their prices on the forum as we spoke so I had to buy now.
Just a correction that should read on their website not forum....
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
56,133
I have bought from both and the diamond quality is equal. Buy from the one who has the particular stone you are looking for and if they both have one, then go by price and customer service.
 

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
2,201
If you find stones at each you like, perhaps choose based on who has the setting you want as they may eliminate some headaches
 

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Messages
200
"This may be a stupid question, but how do you know which GOG diamonds are "signature rounds"? I don't see any marked that way on their web site"

I actually was referring to the numerous videos I have watched on GOG website where Jonathan repeatedly refers to stones as his signature H&A rounds, which look truly beautiful. But the explanation above on 'Lifetime Guarantee' is even better.

It's good to know both companies have comparably beautiful stones. I had thought one may be superior to other.
 

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
71
chicam|1311778246|2977989 said:
"This may be a stupid question, but how do you know which GOG diamonds are "signature rounds"? I don't see any marked that way on their web site"

I actually was referring to the numerous videos I have watched on GOG website where Jonathan repeatedly refers to stones as his signature H&A rounds, which look truly beautiful. But the explanation above on 'Lifetime Guarantee' is even better.

It's good to know both companies have comparably beautiful stones. I had thought one may be superior to other.
Just give them a call... it's your best bet at a proper answer.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    Style File: Julia Roberts
    Style File: Julia Roberts

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top