shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash tennis bracelet - setting

Does this look like a timeless or classic setting to you?

• Timeless

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Classic

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I note that the metal framework as viewed on the underside of your custom bracelet does not match the underside of either the Timeless or Classic.

@ice empress -- it seems you were very clear in the required elements for this custom project and documented them accordingly, so if WF failed to properly execute, it will be on WF to cover return shipping and any related custom fees you may incur should you need to ship it back so that WF may make a new bracelet that conforms to the order specifications.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I note that the metal framework as viewed on the underside of your custom bracelet does not match the underside of either the Timeless or Classic.

@ice empress -- it seems you were very clear in the required elements for this custom project and documented them accordingly, so if WF failed to properly execute, it will be on WF to cover return shipping and any related custom fees you may incur should you need to ship it back so that WF may make a new bracelet that conforms to the order specifications.

What differences are you noticing specifically? The prongs on the bracelet they’ve made for me definitely don’t have much curvature below the basket, and are also quite thick and prominent (I.e. they’re still so big and noticeable despite the stones being large).

I’m including the profile picture of their stock photo’s basket for reference.

0446E505-645F-40C5-A648-121A73789B16.jpeg

Last edited:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I feel bad for your frustration. I went back and looked again at your inspiration and finished product. I had a thought.
Perhaps … the one you tried on was looser (worn higher on the hand) and so separated at the joints, whereas the WF one is snugger on the SA’s arm and the stones are just laying flat across and not draped? I noted the different places the bracelet sits on the arm to wonder this. Idk, just a thought.
I hope you can have some results in which will make you feel 100% satisfied.

It was looser indeed. The one on my wrist was 7 inches whereas the one on the SA’s wrist is 6.5 inches… but wouldn’t the part that draped across the wrist on the top still lay flat/similarly?

I’ve asked them for several different pictures, which seem to be in different lighting and wrists… but they always look the same: like a classic, a row of square continuous stones.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you ask them about shaving down the prongs? I think that would help quite a bit.
Specifically the upper left hand prong on each diamond in the last picture. The prongs all seem consistent so maybe paring those down a bit?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What differences are you noticing specifically? The prongs on the bracelet they’ve made for me definitely don’t have much curvature, and are also quite thick and prominent (I.e. they’re still so big and noticeable despite the stones being large).

This is the photo you posted of your WF custom bracelet. Perhaps what I am seeing is just an artifact of photography or or it looks different (to me) due to stone size? The underside of the Timeless bracelet shows a circle shape at base of each basket, but your custom bracelet shows more of a cushion shape at the base of each basket. And your bracelet shows squarer-shaped 4-prong baskets as compared to the curved Timeless baskets.
1657395015887.png

Anyway, I do truly hope that the differences that seem to show in the photo comparisons are all due to stone size, and once on your wrist it will be exactly as you hoped and ordered.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
06E0380F-D5A7-43CA-8475-063FC7204394.jpeg

This is minute - but it may be contributing.
The top is the listing photo, of course.
The prongs are integrated into the circular base.
The bottom is yours. The prongs are an extension off the circular base- making it look more squared off.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
This is the photo you posted of your WF custom bracelet. Perhaps what I am seeing is just an artifact of photography or or it looks different (to me) due to stone size? The underside of the Timeless bracelet shows a circle shape at base of each basket, but your custom bracelet shows more of a cushion shape at the base of each basket. And your bracelet shows squarer-shaped 4-prong baskets as compared to the curved Timeless baskets.
1657395015887.png

Anyway, I do truly hope that the differences that seem to show in the photo comparisons are all due to stone size, and once on your wrist it will be exactly as you hoped and ordered.

There shouldn’t be any difference attributable to stone size, as they are virtually identical between the inspiration bracelet on my wrist and the Whiteflash bracelet on the SA’s wrist. The former are in the 0.52-0.53 range and the latter are in the 0.5-0.53 range.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
06E0380F-D5A7-43CA-8475-063FC7204394.jpeg

This is minute - but it may be contributing.
The top is the listing photo, of course.
The prongs are integrated into the circular base.
The bottom is yours. The prongs are an extension off the circular base- making it look more squared off.

Great observation! The baskets are definitely not the same…

I thought it was just the curvature of the prongs, but certainly, the prongs meeting the donut beyond their external rim would contribute to the more square appearance of the stones from a top-down view, squaring off each diamond and giving the overall appearance of a continuous line of metal above and below the stones!

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
The thing that confuses me is that their stock timeless option would maybe have been more in line with what you were after, to my eye it gives much more of a rounder look than the custom one. Did they explain to you in what ways the custom one actually differs from the stock ones because like others have mentioned it very much looks like a hybrid of the two, almost like a more squared version of the timeless when the timeless would have done the job much better.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
The thing that confuses me is that their stock timeless option would maybe have been more in line with what you were after, to my eye it gives much more of a rounder look than the custom one. Did they explain to you in what ways the custom one actually differs from the stock ones because like others have mentioned it very much looks like a hybrid of the two, almost like a more squared version of the timeless when the timeless would have done the job much better.

To clarify, I ordered exactly the timeless setting (their stock one). I did not order a custom setting. The SA even sent me the comparison photo of the “timeless vs classic” settings in an email, to exemplify and reassure me that each stone would
appear distinctly individual and round with their timeless setting.

I’m using the terminology for a “custom” order to refer only to the carat, color, and clarity of the ACA stones and the length of the bracelet (which were all not preset options available online). Indeed, buying directly from the website and not as a “custom” order through a SA incorporates non-certified non-ACA stones in a preset ctw and standard 7 inch length.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for commiserating and validating my concerns…

What kind of piece was yours? Did you end up “accepting” and/or growing to like it?

I know myself… this is not something I will learn to forget or overlook, and it’s a really substantial amount of money to leave me unsatisfied, especially when I do not think I’m imagining it, and worse still, that their finished product even resembles their stock/advertised setting.

I desired a certain look and do not see it in the finished product…

They were inside/out hoop earrings. They made them twice and both pairs were unacceptable. I requested a refund and I was denied. They gave me a "one time courtesy" store credit for a future purchase. I tried to make the best of it and purchased my daughter-in-law stud earrings. Honestly, I am still sad about my whole experience. I'd purchase a diamond(s) from them again, but likely wouldn't have them make any jewelry items for me. My semi custom experiences with them was the reason that I did not move forward with the bracelet reset.

I suggest not letting them ship the bracelet to you. Once they do, it will be so much more difficult to return. I hope they remedy the matter and get the setting you ordered.

Semy

Rough_Rock
To me the setting looks closer to classic than timeless, however it is not exactly like classic, either. As someone already mentioned it appears to be like a hybrid...

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What differences are you noticing specifically? The prongs on the bracelet they’ve made for me definitely don’t have much curvature below the basket, and are also quite thick and prominent (I.e. they’re still so big and noticeable despite the stones being large).

Can I ask you where these images are from?
I didn’t look on their website when you first asked. Either it’s from elsewhere or the listing for the timeless has been changed. if it’s from elsewhere from the actual listing - I think it’d even be more confusing for you (and us as observers). If it was from the listing - that’s helpful for future buyers for it to be removed. It is a hard lesson to learn that these renderings, while realistic looking, don’t necessarily translate super faithfully to real works.

The site listing images as it sits right now, the bottom of the individual baskets do not look like the rendering above you have attached. They look like what was produced for you.

Again, I will say the photo you attached is a computer generated rendering, not a photo. This look may not have ever been truly available exactly as it is depicted by a rendering.

Again, this is not helpful to you.
I understand what it’s like to fall in love with an idea, a concept, a theory of what should be able to produce to an image given, even if it is a small detail - or even due to a model change- to have it in my hands. And have that not happen, tho not truly the fault of the vendor/bench, as an intended occurrence.

Hopefully it’s resolved to satisfaction for both you and the vendor.

Last edited:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Can I ask you where these images are from?
I didn’t look on their website when you first asked. Either it’s from elsewhere or the listing for the timeless has been changed. if it’s from elsewhere from the actual listing - I think it’d even be more confusing for you (and us as observers). If it was from the listing - that’s helpful for future buyers for it to be removed. It is a hard lesson to learn that these renderings, while realistic looking, don’t necessarily translate super faithfully to real works.

The site listing images as it sits right now, the bottom of the individual baskets do not look like the rendering above you have attached. They look like what was produced for you.

Again, I will say the photo you attached is a computer generated rendering, not a photo. This look may not have ever been truly available exactly as it is depicted by a rendering.

Again, this is not helpful to you.
I understand what it’s like to fall in love with an idea, a concept, a theory of what should be able to produce to an image given, even if it is a small detail - or even due to a model change- to have it in my hands. And have that not happen, tho not truly the fault of the vendor/bench, as an intended occurrence.

Hopefully it’s resolved to satisfaction for both you and the vendor.

Very good question.

The exact picture of the side-by-side (or top-to-bottom) comparison of the timeless vs classic settings was actually sent to me by the SA to exemplify their exact settings. It was sent to me with the reassurance that I would indeed get the “rounded Individual” look, as shown in the image.

Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry you are not happy. It is quite spectacular!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a really beautiful bracelet! I understand that it wasn’t quite the way you imagined it but those diamonds! I can only imagine the sparkle on your wrist. I hope you enjoy it in all its glory - 16.5 carats of ACA diamonds!!!
Keep us posted and let us know your thoughts - big group hug from many PSers!

chere

Shiny_Rock
Your inspo bracelet is my dream bracelet. The basket and spacing is completely different from the Timeless setting. Can they replicate it if you sent it to them?

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Your inspo bracelet is my dream bracelet. The basket and spacing is completely different from the Timeless setting. Can they replicate it if you sent it to them?

I did send it to them… granted I didn’t ask for an exact replica for setting, but I was happy enough with their timeless, since it still had the overall same impact and looked similar.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
For fun, I’m including a photo of three bracelets I had tried on at Tiffany’s a while back. Interestingly, Whiteflash’s produced setting is somewhat similar for overall appearance (I.e. hybrid) to the top/rightmost one in this picture!

496ED625-0F79-4287-A313-E2A81DE7660A.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I like your WF bracelet better than the Tiffany bracelet most like yours. The Tiffany bracelet seems to have a strip of metal or something (maybe it is just a by-product of the prong work) between each diamond. Yours does not have that and looks much cleaner - just all diamond.

I’m sure the price difference is significant too if the total carat weights are comparable!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I agree that the inspiration phone you shared does pretty closely resemble the Timeless picture in the stock Whiteflash picture but does not as closely resemble their photos of your actual finished bracelet. Perhaps I missed this in the thread but have you expressed your concerns directly to Whiteflash? If yes, what was their response?

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I did a super rough drawing of another factor that I think has made a big difference in how your bracelet looks. In the inspo one the prongs angle out a lot more where as the whiteflash ones although slightly curved are still overall just straight down. This means that no matter which angle you look at them you get a boxier look, even though the diamonds are a bit more seperated than in the class version. I think you need to send them this specific photo of the inspo baskets and let them know this is the look you were expecting, I would also request prongs that wrap around the diamond more rather than forming part of the box that forms the basket. Do you notice that the prongs of the WF one seem to extend past the diamond a lot more? I think this is also making them look a lot more prominent. bracelet.png

chere

Shiny_Rock
The baskets are linked really close together on the Timeless. It’s beautiful but a different look to me. I would ask for a do over (considering duties and taxes are 20% and FX is another 30% as a fellow Canadian).
Edit: sending it back for a reset later might be considered a new or different bracelet when it’ goes through customs and you might need to pay duties and taxes twice.

This bracelet is at my local estate jeweler and it looks closer to your inspo bracelet. 31 x 0.51ct stones.

Last edited:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I agree that the inspiration phone you shared does pretty closely resemble the Timeless picture in the stock Whiteflash picture but does not as closely resemble their photos of your actual finished bracelet. Perhaps I missed this in the thread but have you expressed your concerns directly to Whiteflash? If yes, what was their response?

I did, and they have actually just responded saying that they acknowledge that the setting could be improved to better meet my design request so that each stone appears more round. Thus, the bracelet is being put back into production and I should have updated photos in one week!

I’ve asked if the current setting is being tweaked (vs redone) and if so, in which ways.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I did a super rough drawing of another factor that I think has made a big difference in how your bracelet looks. In the inspo one the prongs angle out a lot more where as the whiteflash ones although slightly curved are still overall just straight down. This means that no matter which angle you look at them you get a boxier look, even though the diamonds are a bit more seperated than in the class version. I think you need to send them this specific photo of the inspo baskets and let them know this is the look you were expecting, I would also request prongs that wrap around the diamond more rather than forming part of the box that forms the basket. Do you notice that the prongs of the WF one seem to extend past the diamond a lot more? I think this is also making them look a lot more prominent. bracelet.png

I agree with your astute observations, and think that this definitely contributes to more metal being seen between the stones both above and below, giving the appearance of a continuous line of metal flanking the stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results