shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash scattered diamond bands!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking at possibly purchasing a diamond scattered band from Whiteflash. I haven't been around lately, but it seems like prices have soared! If I remember correctly, the scatter band used to be $495? Now it's $595. I just don't know if the ring is worth that much, what do you think?

I am wanting a thin band for my right hand so I think the 3mm would be a good size for me. Can those of you who have this ring show me handshots and include your ring size? I just tried searching but nothing came up with this new forum style.

Thanks so much!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me see if I can help you . hope these somewhat helps. Sorry there are more out there, but its a bit more time consuming to post pictures and links here on the new verison of PS ;(

posted by diamondrnglover
4mm
file.jpg

posted by happyNewLife
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...red-diamond-band.141400/?hilit=scattered band
file.jpg
Portree's scattered band from WF
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-from-whiteflash.141258/?hilit=scattered band

here is one of mine that I recycled and had Heart of Water Jeweler on Etsy redo for me using BGD diamonds. it was the most comfortable ring for sure. 4mm ring size 4 and using .05 ct stones

file.jpg
and a WF one that I returned.
file.jpg
MissGotRocks Gorgeous Tiffany Bezet scattered band
bezet.alone.jpg

and Ellen's
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-scattered-diamond-band-present.78931/

file.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was getting ready to reply and D&T you beat me too it, thanks for posting my ring, it is 4mm comfort fit, 14k yellow gold, 10 .03ct diamonds it is not from whiteflash and my ring size is 8.5....I am not sure I like the 4mm, I would have liked to have 3mm, but I got a really good deal on this one.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks D&T, I appreciate it!

I'm curious, why did you return the WF one?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
anytime diamondrnglover!
Orbaya, I returned the ring because it just didn't fit with my ering at the time, although in hindsight I should have just kept it, because it would have been nice to just use it as a solo wedding band. It was the 3mm ok comforwise at least for me, although it is comfort fit, adding the roundness inside the shank means also adding a bit of height and I don't like my rings too tall (height wise). I've learned quite a bit about rings and bands since I bought so many and my likes and dislikes, and eithr returned or recycled. Becuase the ring is comfort fit, to my eyes it appeared more like a 4mm if that makes any sense because of the added height/roundness to the sidewalls? but I would prefer my Heart of Water Etsy scattered band if it was made in 3mm (not comfort fit just like pictured but maybe a thinner version, it was quite comfortable, since the height was not so tall)

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
D&T -

What mm was your WF band?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
orbaya said:
D&T -

What mm was your WF band?
it was the 3mm.

going back to your first post, I think as a solo band the 3mm would be perfect as a RHR :)) not super thin, but substantial enough to wear on its own i think.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks D&T for finding the link to my scattered band thread.

orbaya, the WF sca ttered band is a very high quality, beautiful ring. It's definitely worth the price. The diamonds are very white and sparkly. I ordered the 4 mm band in white gold last spring. I wore it regularly and loved it. I got a lot of compliments on it.

I ordered the band in a slightly larger size than I normally wear because it is a wider band and I don't like tight rings. I wear a 7.75 in a 2 mm band, and I ordered this ring (4 mm) in an 8.5.

But this summer I lost a fair amount of weight and the band was too big for me :(( so I sold it, and bought a very narrow Tiffany band (here's the link for the "inquiring minds" on PS)
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...5-p+1-c+288152-r+101323340-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

For some reason, I have fewer problems with sizing with skinny bands.

Anyway, I did take a few photos of the band with a vintage half-eternity ring I own. I loved how these two rings looked together, but it's clear from the photo that the ring was too large even when stacking the scattered band with my half-eternity!

So here are the pros and cons of this ring, in my experience:

Cons:
Sizing -- it has to be perfect because the ring cannot be sized! I'd like to order this ring again in the 3 mm width in yellow gold, but I won't until my weight/finger size stabilizes.

Thickness/height -- this is a pro and a con, because the ring's proportions are very nice; it's not a wimpy ring; it's substantial. But it is a "big" ring, so you need to be comfortable wearing thicker, taller band. They do take some getting used to.

Width - I'd get the 3 mm next time; I think the 4 mm and 5 mm are a bit harder to wear unless you have fairly long fingers.

Pros:

Thickness/height (see above)

Comfort

Quality of ring and quality of diamonds

It has a real "presence" on. Very striking ring that is well-designed.

CIMG1436.JPG

CIMG1437.JPG

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Portree -

Thanks so much for the detailed response...I really appreciate it and it has helped me a lot.

A few questions... what finish is on your ring? It doesn't look highly polished like I've seen on others. Also, did you find that the white metal overpowered the diamonds or did they stand out enough so that they sparkled to be obvious? I just don't want a ring where it looks like a plain band. I hope I'm explaining myself okay here! :)

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, trying to remember, but I think the price has always been $595

I wear an 8.5, have the 3mm

sc3213s.jpg

ss3490823.JPG

Lula

Ideal_Rock
orbaya said:
Portree -

Thanks so much for the detailed response...I really appreciate it and it has helped me a lot.

A few questions... what finish is on your ring? It doesn't look highly polished like I've seen on others. Also, did you find that the white metal overpowered the diamonds or did they stand out enough so that they sparkled to be obvious? I just don't want a ring where it looks like a plain band. I hope I'm explaining myself okay here! :)

Great -- glad I could help. The ring came from WF rhodium-plated, and I later had my local jeweler put a brushed finish on it, which is what you see in the photo. I think the diamonds stand out more with a brushed finish and/or a contrasting color like yellow gold. The rhodium plating does overwhelm the small diamonds a bit, in my opinion, because the diamonds are small and the rhodium is so high-polish looking.

And I think you are explaining yourself very clearly. I didn't want a plain band either, I wanted something with a little sparkle, but not as much sparkle as an eternity band has. The scattered band does work well that way. Overall, the appearance of the ring is subtle, but in restaurants (spotlighting) and in the sun, the little diamonds give off amazing (and noticeable flash). And people did notice it on my hand all the time, and ask if there were diamonds in the band, so apparently it is visible to others from normal viewing distance.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks for including mine! quick info:

mine's from BGD, size 9 (I'm a 4.5, so it's huge on me--- it's my GF's), platinum, 4mm

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a Tiffany etoile band off eBay earlier this year - there were quite a few listed, FYI. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results