shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash Rose Gold

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been looking at everything I can find here but I haven't seen an example of Whiteflash's rose gold. How red vs pink is it? Any photos? It was described to me as "rosy" and that didn't help lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bueller? Bueller? ... Bueller?

::bump:: :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol rosy rose gold, who'da thunk it? ::)

Goodness - if they commonly work with rose gold their customers sure are shy about posting their own pics! I found a few pics - it looks coppery to me in what I'm finding, so I'd guess it's not *pink* like BGD's - but I know photos lie!

KtIceRN's scattered diamond band -
file.jpg
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rose-gold-scattered-band-from-whiteflash.102841/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rose-gold-scattered-band-from-whiteflash.102841/[/URL]

vendor pic -
RG_detail-493.jpg
http://www.pricescope.com/gallery/acidfree_albums/vendors/white_flash/Rose_Gold_Accents

vendor pic - wish I could find an actual pic of this one! Brown diamond in rg -
128_rosegold.jpg
http://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/news/think-outside-the-jewelry-box-six-unique-engagement-rings-793.htm

vendor pic -
Capture_10.jpg
http://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/news/engagement-rings-trends-for-spring-2011-

vendor pic -
stacked-ring.jpg
http://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/tips-and-advice/the-top-ten-new-years-gifts-

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Yssie! I do NOT like the way the first two look at all!!! Remember the BGD pin color? Not a fan of that either. The third one is tolerable, the fourth one is okay and the fifth one is nice. It i SO hard to get consistent color. I even tried with some rings I have and it's just so difficult. They look so yellow in some light. And I don't mind if they look a little yellow but I really don't like that red color. I want it to "match" my skin tone and i'm pretty white.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehrabehra|1309324625|2957722 said:
Thanks Yssie! I do NOT like the way the first two look at all!!! Remember the BGD pin color? Not a fan of that either. The third one is tolerable, the fourth one is okay and the fifth one is nice. It i SO hard to get consistent color. I even tried with some rings I have and it's just so difficult. They look so yellow in some light. And I don't mind if they look a little yellow but I really don't like that red color. I want it to "match" my skin tone and i'm pretty white.

How funny - I really like the coppery colour of the scattered band and the inset on the second - just a hint of pink. I'd want that colour for antique-y, vintage-y, lace looks. And I like BGD's almost fluorescent pink for bold, modern pieces - it reminds me of the aesthetic of those stainless contemporary dining rooms, actually..

It really does take all sorts ::)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think descriptions are hard - cause I'm not sure what you mean by fluorescent pink! I like the idea of a "hint of pink" but - is that a hint of pink with a hint of yellow or just a hint of pink with white?

That last ring, I really like that color.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I present "fluorescent" :sun:

BrianGavin_Truth3x2_92110.jpg

My new BGD bracelet is this colour, I don't know if they made or sourced the chains - it's way more pink than coppery IMO though, esp compared to some of my older rg pieces! Sounds like you might prefer it?

... but I agree, descriptions are really impossible to nail down. And of course all the pics are taken in different lights, with different backgrounds and cameras - so the pics are essentially impossible to nail down too.

DH and I spent the weekend in Napa - it doesn't matter how much of however many types I try from however many wineries, I'm not tasting hints of 'watermelon', 'white peach', 'guava', or 'toast' until I'm properly sloshed.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's pretty pink! I think *ideally* I'd want it whiter than that with just a *tinge* of yellow to bring out some depth or warmth or something....

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
I have a wedding band from whiteflash that is 14k rose gold, some lighting it looks VERY pink and some it looks coppery. When I contacted them about making my bands they told me that they do not work with rose gold very often and had to order the cast pieces for me and then set the mele in it. Rose gold varies depending on the vendor and so if they are outsourcing it for you it may be different than someone elses they outsourced from a different company. Ask them to get you a pic from the vendor they are using. I love my bands by the way, they were wonderful to work with and got me what I was looking for at a great price.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like your bands :) I have a yellow gold one like that I got for my 2nd anniversary! That's a fun and original idea to do it like that!

In the first pic I like the color but in the pic on your hand it may be too coppery for what I want. Don't get me wrong, I like the way it looks, especially because you have three metal colors and it gives enough contrast.

I'm not sure what they would do for mine, mine will be totally custom, I don't think there's anything they could use stock for it.

I'm not sure what to do next...

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, I totally know what you mean about a little too coppery. The reason I like it that way is exactly what you had mentioned, the contrast of the three. I swear, in some poor lighting it looks yellow and almost looks like my yellow gold band. Other times, it is very pink and the diamonds also take on a pink tone which is awesome, that usually happens in incandescent lighting. In natural sunlight it is coppery looking but I like that when I wear the three together for the contrast. I do wear each of them individually occasionally, depending on my mood, and I do love the color and how it changes but I think its very personal. I wonder if other people experience this with their pieces?

As you have already realized, It's very hard to predict what color it's going to be without seeing it in person and in different lighting. Also, not everyone's skin tone would be complimented by rose gold. I seriously went to the mall and tried on every rose gold piece I could find before I committed to do it! I have to admit I might be nervous with a big project that is custom because it is non refundable. Is it an expensive project and if so, could you have a smaller inexpensive piece made just to see if you like it, like a thin plain band? If they have other projects that they have done then maybe they could send you pics of those in different lights? It seems like there are not many people on here who have pics in real life of WF rose gold to show you.

Please keep us posted because I'm interested to see what you decide!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results