shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash+Rockdoc= One Happy Dude!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marrigo

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Well, I''ve been lurking here for months researching and agonizing over which diamond to purchase. Flip flopped about 10,000 times trying to figure out exactly what I wanted. The information and opinions posted here were incredibly helpful, so a big thanks goes out to everyone who has asked or answered a question here over the last few months. One of the main considerations I had was size. I had tried several sized stones in a ring I bought locally and found that a diameter of between 6.0 and 6.4mm looked best. That put me in about the 0.8 to 0.95 ct range, which is a kind of tough size to find. I decided on Whiteflash for various reasons but just couldn''t figure out which stone to get. I contacted Rockdoc who was gracious enough to look at the specs of nine stones on Whiteflash''s website and ranked them in order of his preference. I finally decided on two stones which I had Whiteflsh send to Rockdoc (Whitflash was incredibly easy to work with by the way). One was a ACA 0.811 ct H, VVS2 and the other was an Expert Selection 0.91 ct, F, SI1. I was on a short deadline at this point (literally days when you figure in the weekend). Rockdoc basically dropped what he was doing and did a preliminary review of both diamonds and although both we very close he thought the 0.811 ACA was the better of the two. Considering the ACA was also about $1k less the choice was easy. Rockdoc then did all of his analyses/photos ect and reported back to me. His review of the diamond was incredibly thorough. His conclusion is that it was one hell of a diamond. He did all of this including a number of emails and phone call in basically one day so that he could send out my stone ASAP. The stone arrived last Thursday with plenty of time to spare. I had it mounted and proposed to her last night (she said yes by the way). All in all a tremendous experience with both Whiteflash and Rockdoc. Both are highly recomended!! Below are the specs and some pics (I''ve learned from lurking here that you all like lot''s of data and pics!!). Enjoy, Mark

Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.811
Color: H
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 60.7
Table: 54.7
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown %: 15.7
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.8
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.06-6.07 X3.68

Arrigo1.JPG

marrigo

Rough_Rock
Another pic

Arrigo2.JPG

marrigo

Rough_Rock
Another one

Arrigo3.JPG

marrigo

Rough_Rock
Firescope

Firescope__tm_.jpg

marrigo

Rough_Rock
ASET, sorry for all the seperate posts I can''t seem to get more than one image to upload to a single post

ASET_2 copy.JPG

marrigo

Rough_Rock
LAst one

Light performance.JPG

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Good heavens and have mercy that ring is gorgeous. Congrats and best wishes to you both.

shay

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow- that''s a stunner

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
That ring is beautiful. Congrats to the both of you!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, that ring is just gorgeous. yay for Rockdoc and WF
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well done!
36.gif
thanks for sharing the pics with us!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

marrigo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the complements on the ring. I shudder to think what I would have ended up with had I not found this site. Now I have to work on getting it insured.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

She''s a lucky girl! Congrats
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I truly love it. Right up my alley!! Kudos to Rock Doc & Whiteflash for hookin'' ya up.

Is the setting a Whitefash one? It''s really lovely! White gold? More details on the setting too please!!!!

marrigo

Rough_Rock
The setting was purchased locally here in Syracuse at EGON EHRLINSPIEL Jewelers (http://www.egons.com). It is 18k white gold (I''m still not entirely sure why the heck they make 18k white gold when it''s plated with rhodium anyway but that''s a whole other thread). It has 0.52 tcw. The price was right at $820.

They are entirely local as far as i know, not a chain. They have a very good reputation here.

We looked at a lot of settings including numerous online. Although she liked many of the ones we saw online it was very difficult for her to pick one out without having it on her finger. We saw a few locally we liked (at most one per store). Then at Egon Ehrlinspiel we saw three or four she liked, she ranked them for me and I ended up getting the one she ranked highest.

The setting really sparkles when viewed from the side. We both really liked that characteristic as the ring is sparkly from every angle. I was very pleased with the proportion of the center stone to the rest of the ring, neither overshadows the other(that was my main concern). I actually think the setting looks best from a distance of about ten feet. All you can see from that distance in the general texture of the ring and numerous sparkles coming from everywhere.

I viewed both the ring and center stone under high magnification (I have microscopes at the office). Obviously the center stone was more or less perfect, i couldn''t see any inclusions at all under 40X. The diamonds in the setting appeared nice and white and did not appear to have any yellow tint to them. The surfaces did not appear finely polished or maybe those were white inclusions i was seeing, but it really didn''t matter as the stones are quite small. You can tell the engraving isn''t super fine under magnification but with the unaided eye all you see is sparkles.

The only concern i have is how sturdy the prongs are. That center stone is a bit exposed. Thus the reason for getting immediate insurance on it.

Best of all is my fiancé'' loves it. She emailed me today saying she was having difficulty getting any work done due to the glare from the center stone, LOL.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
The ring you created for your FI is gorgeous! Congrats on your engagement ...

I''m curious: Did Egon''s set your diamond? How did they react to the fact that you purchased your stone on-line? What was their assessment of the diamond you purchased.

I''ve always known Egon''s to be VERY reputable and honest and they probably have the best quality and selection locally. But when we were diamond-shopping, we just couldn''t beat the quality, selection and value of the various e-vendors who are generally recommended on this forum!

Congrats again and enjoy this snowy evening!
4.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
beautiful! I looove the setting.

marrigo

Rough_Rock
Yes Egons set the diamond. Actually they didn''t react at all to me bringing in a diamond. Essentially I went in and told them I wanted to put the setting on hold and made a payment on it. I asked them how much they would charge if I were to bring a stone in. They told me it would be free. Of course when I actually brought the stone in they told me it would be $25, but I wasn''t about to haggle over that little money.

Anyway, they never really pressed me to buy one of their stones even though I went in about a half dozen times to have them place different sized stones in the setting so I could compare. Initially I asked a number of detailed diamond questions (thank you Pricescope) and I think I actually intimidated them a bit. Good lord a customer who actually knows something!! They showed me a bunch of diamond that were GIA good/VG cuts. They were about the price of a H&A stone from Pricescope vendors. So I agree that you really can''t beat the combo of price/quality/information from Pricescope vendors.

The girl who had been helping me pretty much said holy crap that''s a gorgeous stone after she saw it mounted. I have to agree. I''m actually waiting right now for my fiancée to get home so I can stare at the ring some more.https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/21.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is gorgeous, congrats!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats,beautiful ring.
30.gif
36.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a stunning ring. Fabulous setting and gorgeous diamond. You''ve done really well. Congratulations
36.gif
on your engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results