shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash pricing discrepancy- first impression

janegum

Rough_Rock
I'm curious if others have had a negative first impression experience with Whiteflash and their disclaimer on their website for pricing errors. Just a head's up to tread cautiously with this vendor as despite glowing remarks on PS my first impression is not favorable. They are purportedly a reputable vendor, yet they had an issue with vendor pricing over the weekend that seems rather fishy to me. Has anyone else found an issue with Whiteflash where they directed you to this section of their website regarding errors. I wonder what other sorts of errors might be lurking despite their "best efforts". I'm not impressed.

From WF website.

Pricing. Despite WhiteFlash’s best efforts, a small number of the items listed on our website may be mispriced or subject to error. Prior to shipment of every order, we verify the pricing, and will do the following if we discover a mispriced item:
  • If an item’s correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and ship you the item.
  • If an item’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping the product or cancel the order and notify you of such cancellation. If the order has been confirmed and charged to your credit card, WhiteFlash will immediately issue a credit in the amount of the incorrect price.
Prices and items are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for, and will not honor, typographical or calculation errors

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
What was it that the price changed on?
With everything just getting back up and running all over there are going to be startup bumps in the road.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@janegum I saw this. It was clearly an error and they make a disclaimer. It was an honest mistake. I don't blame them and I did not hold them to it. I let it go.

And it is not reasonable to try to hold them to selling you an item that was priced less than 1/3 of the retail price. That was a huge mistake and I hope no one loses their job over it. Understanding, reasonableness and compassion are what is called for.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think you are being grossly unfair.
e.g. someone is in cahouts with a crook and deliberately miss prices a $10,000 diamond and the OP knows what time and buys it for $1,000.
Looks like a typo.
and typos happen.
In most countries common law protects the vendor from such actions, but what is wrong with making it clear.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe based on a post by Bryan from Whiteflash here that there was a computer glitch of some sort. I have bought from them several times and find them to be completely transparent. They did offer an explanation and you were certainly able to be refunded if you found the price unacceptable. Fishy would have been if they offered nothing in the way of explanation or refused to refund the money. All online businesses are subject to computer errors - that's just a fact of life in today's world.

janegum

Rough_Rock
I'm not even sure what the error was, but just had to inquire with this forum as generally I find folks to be so full of information. Mistakes happen, sure, but I just found their response odd for a vendor of what seems to be reputable. I posted wondering if this is something others had experienced with them and if this is just part of what to expect when shopping from a vendor that is several states away and that I can't reasonably visit. Thanks for the feedback!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly don't think it is something that happens frequently. As I said, if they were not forthcoming with the information or refund, I would be alarmed but I have never known of that happening to anyone. I have bought from them online and I have visited their showroom in Houston for purchase. I have always found them to be honest and fair. You are always welcome to call them to discuss any concerns you have. I feel certain they will be able to allay your fears.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any vendor with any sense at all has a disclaimer on their site regarding errors.

I have bought from WF many times. I am not aware of any errors on their in-house stones, and I buy from them because of their in-house stones, not virtual which are much more likely to have pricing errors sometimes coming from the diamond source.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m guessing @janegum that you have not dived into the Terms and Conditions pages, or their counterpart, on many merchants’ websites. You’ll see that same kind of caveat on, e.g., the websites of Brian Gavin Diamonds, Blue Nile, Harry Winston, Nieman Marcus, and oodles more. Lawyers counsel their corporate clients to include it out of an abundance of caution; doesn’t mean that’s emblematic of a merchant to be avoided :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Examples:

"While James Allen makes every effort to ensure that our products are described and priced accurately, in the event that an item is deemed to be priced incorrectly, James Allen reserves the right to refuse sale that item. If the pricing error is discovered after payment has been finalized, James Allen reserves the right to cancel the sale and refund the transaction in full."

In the event of an error in pricing on the Site, B2C Jewels LLC reserves the right to correct such error, and in B2C Jewels LLC sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order placed for a product at an incorrect price or in the event of the item being out of stock.

"Good Old Gold Inc cannot be held liable for any typographical errors contained on this site regarding the description or pricing of any product, services or policies."

"Data, including prices, may be inaccurately displayed on our Site due to system or typographical errors. While we make every attempt to avoid these errors, they may occur. We reserve the right to correct any and all errors when they do occur, and we do not honor inaccurate or erroneous prices."

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am confused. Bryan posted about the error today on this forum and they are trying to fix it. How in the world is that "fishy "??

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am certainly not a lawyer, but I believe that as a purchaser, you are making an 'offer to purchase', which the vendor is at liberty to decline.

A price being displayed and a person clicking Buy does not a formal contract of sale make, AIUI.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I think Whiteflash has handled this very well and I don't get why anyone would be upset.

Having said that, I once actually did receive diamonds for a ridiculously low price because of a website error.
K Rosengart's cart was calculating the price wrong. I had ordered 2 x 10 pointers and 2 x 6 pointers. The cart somehow ended up with a total of $31 for that (having never used K Rosengart before I was seriously wondering if these were real diamonds). I got a call from Karen Rosengart about 5 minutes later telling me she was honoring the price but it was an error. In my opinion that is completely above and beyond what should be expected. I can also add that her goods are not only real diamonds but really nice, high quality ones at that.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe they also need to adjust pricing because of the fluctuating price of gold? I noticed, for the first time in my adult life, anyway, that an 18k gold setting was actually more than platinum!!! :oops2:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If they made an error, they have every right to correct it.
Are you asking them to lose money on the stone because of a typo?
WF is very reputable. If the corrected amount is not satisfactory to you, then don't buy or return.
Simple as that.

PearCraze

Rough_Rock
I actually tried to buy one of these mispriced diamonds- there were two a 4ct and 3 ct cushion priced at around 7k, they were "online" diamonds not from their own collection. I tried all I could to buy them, but when the store opened on Monday the priced for each jumped to 35-45k. Oh well :cry:.... haha.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
to me it reads like a normal disclaimer to cover their bases in case sh*t happens. another way to do some due diligence as a customer is to set the same parameters at other sites to compare prices to assess if they're fair.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results