shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash precision diamonds compared to natural ACA?

bangtan

Rough_Rock
Do they really compare to the ACA natural diamonds? I'm planning on buying a natural 0.60 I color, SI1 diamond pendant from whiteflash and was wondering how the lab compares. I was thinking about buying an additional larger 1ct lab pendant but am not sure about the quality and how it compares to the ACA diamonds. Anyone have any experience?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely...all the assessment and vetting info is there: advanced images, videos, screening for material quality, etc.
Whiteflash is putting their name and, more importantly, their full reputation on their human grown diamonds...the same as they do for their natural earth grown diamonds.

SparkleMax

Rough_Rock
Do they really compare to the ACA natural diamonds? I'm planning on buying a natural 0.60 I color, SI1 diamond pendant from whiteflash and was wondering how the lab compares. I was thinking about buying an additional larger 1ct lab pendant but am not sure about the quality and how it compares to the ACA diamonds. Anyone have any experience?

This is just how I think about it but everyone has their own opinions.

They are the broadly speaking same chemically. They have the same physical properties. They vary in quality in different ways but generally for the same quality stone you will pay many multiples more for the privilege or status of owning a natural stone.

I focus on the quality of craftsmanship that went into growing the stone, not all grown stones are made with the same care as others. The care taken when cutting and polishing the stone are also things I care about a lot. The making of the piece of jewellery that is another thing I care about.

I just want my partner to have the most beautiful stones I can get her. It doesn't really say I love you because I spent 5x more on an equivalent stone.

That diamond might also come from Russia or some other conflict zone since the current geopolitical environment has made enforcing sanctions incredibly difficult. Head Rapaport guy- large diamond trading entity - is/was currently conducting a hunger strike to protest that exact issue! I don't think my partner would be to please if it turned out I got her a genocide diamond..

Just my opinion, each to their own though.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@bangtan, you're in the lab side of PS, so your responses here will reflect our faith in LGD.

However, look for yourself, especially bc this is such a personal issue. WF has a 10 day return policy on LGD. You could have the experts here help you select an LGD, and then you could see with your own eyes and heart how it compares to a mined ACA. It really is so personal.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I'm also curious about the cut of the ACA v the cut of the precision lab diamonds, for example, why aren't the lab diamonds referred to as being ACA (if anyone knows?).

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm also curious about the cut of the ACA v the cut of the precision lab diamonds, for example, why aren't the lab diamonds referred to as being ACA (if anyone knows?).
Totally fair question. While the teams bringing these diamonds to market are the same, the technical demands we place on cut quality of our Precision Lab brand are not quite as stringent as for A CUT ABOVE.

However, since we post all the same diagnostics (at least for rounds), customers can judge for themselves how they compare in terms of cut craftsmanship.

In general, any variances you see will be comparable to the variances you might see in our Expert Selection or Premium Select brands.

this was from the thread that announced WF carrying labs. So I’m unsure if still accurate - but I bet it is.

Can only assume why they haven’t taken it a step further to pare down parameters even further for an additional lab ACA line.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I also wonder if it’s a marketing scheme.

The presence of LGD ACAs could potentially erode the mined ACA market, and the profits on mined benefit a company far more than the profit on LGD. I get the feeling that many sellers are begrudgingly catering to the LGD market while desperately hoping that they can still convince the public that mined carry enough prestige/mystique/status to warrant the cost.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well - I don’t know. But all I can mention is how much WF premium select line and expert select line are discussed/shown/suggested here on PS. Compared to ACA’s. And it’s not much, it seems.
I also wonder if it’s a marketing scheme.

The presence of LGD ACAs could potentially erode the mined ACA market, and the profits on mined benefit a company far more than the profit on LGD. I get the feeling that many sellers are begrudgingly catering to the LGD market while desperately hoping that they can still convince the public that mined carry enough prestige/mystique/status to warrant the cost.

SparkleMax

Rough_Rock
A spinny picture would be nice but based on the below images and specs can anyone discern a difference?
Maybe I'm totally off but I think WF's precision line are absolutely top notch and on par with the A cut above line. The only complaints I hear from people is that the precision cut line comes at a higher price than other vendors.

Diamond A -
1699737330119.png
1699737374088.png
1699737465072.png
1699737500233.png

Diamond B -

1699737798339.png

1699737853892.png

1699737878044.png

1699737898002.png

In terms of comparing quality it doesn't matter IMO but here are the prices for reference.

1.04ct D VVS1 ~$1,700
1.02 ct D VVS1 ~$15,000

Diamond X1
Depth %61.8
Table %55.0
Crown Angle34.5
Star %55.0
Pavilion Angle40.8
Crown %15.5

Diamond X2
Depth %61.1
Table %57.5
Crown Angle34.1
Pavilion Angle40.8
Crown %14.5

1699739342491.png

Below is Gcals grading specs for further reference.
1699739426253.png

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
A spinny picture would be nice but based on the below images and specs can anyone discern a difference?
Maybe I'm totally off but I think WF's precision line are absolutely top notch and on par with the A cut above line. The only complaints I hear from people is that the precision cut line comes at a higher price than other vendors.

Diamond A -
1699737330119.png
1699737374088.png
1699737465072.png
1699737500233.png

Diamond B -

1699737798339.png

1699737853892.png

1699737878044.png

1699737898002.png

In terms of comparing quality it doesn't matter IMO but here are the prices for reference.

1.04ct D VVS1 ~$1,700
1.02 ct D VVS1 ~$15,000

Diamond X1
Depth %61.8
Table %55.0
Crown Angle34.5
Star %55.0
Pavilion Angle40.8
Crown %15.5

Diamond X2
Depth %61.1
Table %57.5
Crown Angle34.1
Pavilion Angle40.8
Crown %14.5

1699739342491.png

Below is Gcals grading specs for further reference.
1699739426253.png

What a great combo!

Screenshot_20231111-180333-652.png

Here's the 360 video for the WF LGD:

Last edited:

SparkleMax

Rough_Rock
Wow DejaWiz! You're an absolute beast of angular pattern recognition!
That is in fact the Natural stone! With that in mind is it your opinion that they are the same specs generally speaking or there is a real difference between the two lines? I just can't see it looking at the pretty pictures. I do notice just hovering over the images in the two below searches that the natural stones tend to have higher crown%'s. Very interesting if they are in fact holding back the top top stones for the natural line.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Wow DejaWiz! You're an absolute beast of angular pattern recognition!
That is in fact the Natural stone! With that in mind is it your opinion that they are the same specs generally speaking or there is a real difference between the two lines? I just can't see it looking at the pretty pictures. I do notice just hovering over the images in the two below searches that the natural stones tend to have higher crown%'s. Very interesting if they are in fact holding back the top top stones for the natural line.

If they were sitting side by side, I doubt anyone on this entire planet could definitively tell them apart.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just a note about the specifications and qualifications for our A CUT ABOVE brand vis-a-vis our Precision Lab brand:

Lab grown diamonds, because of their lower costs, encourage shoppers to expand their palates and experiment with different shapes and facet configurations. We want to offer a wider range of options in Precision Lab and it it therefore not possible to impose the same strict requirements on them as we do for A CUT ABOVE.

We are essentially leveraging our expertise in cut quality honed over twenty years of providing A CUT ABOVE diamonds to an international audience in order to vet Precision Lab lab diamonds for any significant performance issues. By the vary nature of this process there will be wider differences between individual diamonds in the Precision Lab brand.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
I have recently had both - a precision cut 1ct and two ACA’s - a .4 and .6.

Seeing the precision cut next to the ACAs, I could not tell the difference.

That said, whiteflash’s criteria for the precision cut isn’t the same as it for ACAs. Also, you can get just as nice of a lab diamond elsewhere for much less. Whiteflash is basically buying HPHT no post growth IGI ideals with hearts and arrows distinction noted on the report, and perhaps rejecting a few of those. You can get these types of stones elsewhere.

I paid $1800 for a 1 ct D VVS2 HPHT no post growth IGI ideal hearts and arrows from Whiteflash. I paid $1130 for a 1.58 carat E VVS2 HPHT no post growth IGI ideal hearts and arrows from Adiamor a couple weeks later. That’s a hell of difference for basically an ASET and Idealscope image, and a smaller diamond to boot.

Here are some photos of the .6 ACA and the 1 ct IGI lab stone, both from WF.

IMG_8947.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8943.jpeg
    IMG_8943.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 18
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results