shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash or IDJ Band?

KW111018

Rough_Rock
Debating between a Whiteflash ACA platinum diamond band priced at $2,595 or IDJ band that was quoted for $1,650. Similar style shared prong style 3/4 eternity band with 0.75-0.8 tcw. Whiteflash stones are VS and IDJ are SI. Is whitefish worth the premium in this case? $1k seems like a drastic difference.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Debating between a Whiteflash ACA platinum diamond band priced at $2,595 or IDJ band that was quoted for $1,650. Similar style shared prong style 3/4 eternity band with 0.75-0.8 tcw. Whiteflash stones are VS and IDJ are SI. Is whitefish worth the premium in this case? $1k seems like a drastic difference.

Also interested in this question! I have ACA earrings and an IDJ Pricescope-quality tennis bracelet. I was trying to compare the two last night after cleaning them, but it was hard just because of the difference in the stone sizes. The ACAs had more surface area to flash. I ended up amending to the question to, would I be highly satisfied with a ring of the IDJ Pricescope quality? The answer was definitely yes. The melee stones performed beautifully but I’m interested in someone who can compare similar stone sizes—ACA melee to IDJ Pricescope quality melee. I think there are people who have ACA tennis bracelets and IDJ tennis bracelets and are happy wearing both next to each other.

Last edited:

KW111018

Rough_Rock
Also interested in this question! I have ACA earrings and an IDJ Pricescope-quality tennis bracelet. I was trying to compare the two last night after cleaning them, but it was hard just because of the difference in the stone sizes. The ACAs had more surface area to flash. I ended up amending to the question to, would I be highly satisfied with a ring of the IDJ Pricescope quality? The answer was definitely yes. The melee stones performed beautifully but I’m interested in someone who can compare similar stone sizes—ACA melee to IDJ Pricescope quality melee. I think there are people who have ACA tennis bracelets and IDJ tennis bracelets and are happy wearing both next to each other.

Is your Idj melee f color, SI clarity and ideal cut?

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Is your Idj melee f color, SI clarity and ideal cut?

I got Pricescope quality, but I believe that is F-G, SI, ideal cut. I can’t find the documentation right now.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ACA melee go above ideal cut. Whether or not you would see a difference would be up to you. I personally would always prefer the ACA’s as I value superb cut over everything. Lots of factors to balance including bang for the buck and I get that. The additional cost spread out over how many years you plan on having a piece of jewelry counts too - just sayin’! Best of luck with whatever route you choose.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on how much you care about the cut. For a large center stone, it would be a must for me. I bought my eternity from a company no longer in business, but they were ideal cut stones. I love it and it doesn't matter a whit to me that they are not ACA or Brian Gavins stones. I have also bought bands from Costco I have been quite happy with. I love a amazing cut, but I only find that mandatory on a center stone.

nichoesq

Rough_Rock

KW111018, did you ever proceed with your purchase? If so, which of the two venders did you go with? I’m looking into buying a 3/4 band and wanted to know your experience and final impression.

Is there a difference between ideal and excellent when it comes to melee, or is that interchangeable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results