shape
carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash & Local

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IdealCut

Rough_Rock
Those of you that buy from Whiteflash, do you ship your ring/jewelry back to them to check over or polish or do you bring them to a local store?

I feel like this is the one thing keeping my from buying online. E rings need to be checked over and polished and such. Does Whiteflash do this sort of thing via mail?

Thanks

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I would not let anyone but WF touch mine. I'm just anal and real picky that way. I trust them completely, and I don't have that kind of relationship with any jeweler up here. That's just me.

shay

ETA: If I wanted my ring checked over, I would call them up and get a number and so forth so they would know it was coming. The last time it only cost me like $15.00 to send it back my end, and I happily paid the overnight fedex from them. It was worth the peace of mind of knowing it was in their hands to be checked.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I asked WF about this, as I have a custom setting from them. Bob told me I could use a local jeweler for checking the prongs twice a year which I do, but if any repair work needed to be done I would always send it back to them.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi IdealCut and Welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif

The value of the ring might come into play. I''m not sure if there are insurance limits with FedEx, but with registered mail, there is a $25K limit.

If you plan to purchase something over $25K, I would find out what the vendor''s policy is regarding shipping and what the cost might be. If it''s prohibitive, I''m sure you can find a local jeweler to take care of your ring - i.e. checking prongs, re-polishing, re-rhodium plating, etc.

I don''t think you should let the after-purchase care prevent you from buying online. You will most likely get a much nicer stone at a much better price at WF than at a B&M. Think about all of the people in the world who move or relocate - they aren''t going back to their original jewelers necessarily. They find new people to inspect their rings.

After-purchase care shouldn''t be a deciding factor for you. Don''t let a B&M bully you with this line either. Many of them will try anything to seal a deal. There is no way a polish job can justify the price difference.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
buy a loupe and check your own prongs. buy an ultrasonic and do your own cleaning. there, two of the problems solved! anything else mail to whiteflash.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results