shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash J color

meg26

Rough_Rock
What do you all think about a J colored ACA round diamond from Whiteflash? I just started ring shopping in person this weekend and the lowest color grade I was shown was an I. I did not see much of a difference between an F or an I. Will a J ACA cut from Whiteflash still appear very white? Also, what are people's overall thoughts on spending more money for the ACA cut at Whiteflash? Does it really make a difference from the excellent cuts under the GIA cert? Appreciate your thoughts!

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I just bought J colour ACA studs from Whiteflash. My studs are small (just over 0.3 ct each) but I don't pick up any yellow unless I look closely from the side.
I am really happy with my J diamonds. I'm not very colour sensitive and it sounds like you aren't either.
I think you would likely be fine with a J ACA.

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
I’ve got a J stone and it’s getting upgraded as it’s just too tinted for me. Whether it’s ACA or not, the tint will be visible from the side in some lights. From the top it’s bright but then again, if you hold it next to a D, it becomes v obvious. Personally, in the right lighting environment, I can easily see the tint in H’s and I’s.

In terms of whether it’s worth spending money on an ACA over a GIA excellent, I’d say that the excellent category has a broad range and some aren’t great. With the ACAs, you know what you’re going to get. However, if you find the look of Tiffany or Cartier diamonds satisfactory, then you’ll be happy with a decent excellent.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
What do you all think about a J colored ACA round diamond from Whiteflash? I just started ring shopping in person this weekend and the lowest color grade I was shown was an I. I did not see much of a difference between an F or an I. Will a J ACA cut from Whiteflash still appear very white? Also, what are people's overall thoughts on spending more money for the ACA cut at Whiteflash? Does it really make a difference from the excellent cuts under the GIA cert? Appreciate your thoughts!

I think it depends how color sensitive you really are. If you didn’t notice a difference between an F and an I then I don’t think you are very sensitive but then store lights can be deceiving.

I had an I premium select that I believe was a high I as I didn’t see any tint. It was a 1.37ct. Since I didn’t see a tint I thought I’d be fine with a J and got a bigger stone at 1.87ct. This time an expert selection and I did see a tint that bothered me so I upgraded to an H ACA, same size. In some lighting/ rooms I can see a hint of warmth but that’s rare. In most cases, I just see the sparkles and look pretty white to me. I’m waiting for my upgrade which is also an H ACA that will be a slightly bigger stone at 2.237 ct. Hopefully, the color will be to my satisfaction, as well.

So, I think it depends on what size you are thinking of getting too. The larger the stone, the more apparent the color will be, I believe.

Last edited:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A "J" even super-ideal will not be "super white" ... still, it may be a pleasing white shade to you; only you can determine your color tolerance and preference.

Dee Dee

Rough_Rock
I think it depends how color sensitive you really are. If you didn’t notice a difference between an F and an I then I don’t think you are very sensitive but then store lights can be deceiving.

I had an I premium select that I believe was a high I as I didn’t see any tint. It was a 1.37ct. Since I didn’t see a tint I thought I’d be fine with a J and got a bigger stone at 1.87ct. This time an expert selection and I did see a tint that bothered me so I upgraded to an H ACA, same size. In some lighting/ rooms I can see a hint of warmth but that’s rare. In most cases, I just see the sparkles and look pretty white to me. I’m waiting for my upgrade which is also an H ACA that will be a slightly bigger stone at 2.237 ct. Hopefully, the color will be to my satisfaction, as well.

So, I think it depends on what size you are thinking of getting too. The larger the stone, the more apparent the color will be, I believe.

Please keep us posted on your new upgrade and whether the H shows up better!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Please keep us posted on your new upgrade and whether the H shows up better!

Thanks, @Dee Dee. I had an H and was happy with it. I see some tint in certain lighting/room conditions but for the most part I am very happy with it. So, I truly hope I feel the same way with this bigger stone. I don’t think I would go back to anything lower.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results