shape
carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash Heats Galore ready to Go Earrings and Martini''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

82zcahv

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

Great website. Long time reader, first time writer! :)

http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Hearts-Galore--READY-SET-TO-GO_965.htm

Has anyone bought these. What do you think about them. Can you provide a side photo of these. I am interested to see how much of the diamonds are covered

I am thinking of buying some Diamond studs for my Fiancee amd likley to decide between the 3 prong martini or these Hearts galore.

If I go for the 3 prong martini what size of diamond you think I should go for?

I bought her a 0.63 carat Diamond engagement ring which sparkles like crazy. I am trying to decide between 0.5ctw, 0.7 ctw and 0.8 ctw 3 prong martinis but the prices on whiteflash jump up alot! Although I see these as an investment as I want her to wear these on the wedding day but want her to also wear them all the time.

Also do you know what backs they have on the martini's and whether you can request which ones you wish?

Many thanks, I am just a man who deosn't know to much about jewellery but want diamond studs that she is proud to wear for the rest of her life with me.....without making me broke but sparkle like crazy! :)

any help appreciated.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have .50 ctw that I''m waiting to reset into martini''s so that would be my vote. I think .25 in each ear is a great everyday size too.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
While the Hearts Galore studs seem pretty, I prefer the simpler look of the three prong martini studs. I have this style myself and I love them. I''m not sure what kind of back Whiteflash uses but you could ask them what is available. I would recommend staying away from screw backs as some of my friends have complained about those and I''ve heard that the threads can wear out causing the earring to fall off. Mine have regular pull backs and I haven''t had any trouble with them. Any size earring will be a lovely and treasured gifit, but I think the 80 ct. total weight would be great if that works with your budget!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Mrs.S. I also have the .50 ctw and I love them. They are the perfect size for every occasion. I never take mine off except to clean them and I sleep in them quite comfortably as well. I have the martini three prong RSG from Whiteflash and I just love them.

shay

82zcahv

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick replies.

So you girls think that a 0.5 ctw will bebig enough in size for a wedding

0.25 =4.1 mm diameter
0.35 =4.5 mm diameter
0.4 = 4.7 mm diameter

There doesn't appears to much difference in the size but there is a large difference in the price. 0.8 ctw is double the price of the 0.5ctw. or will the stone be evidently larger if I were to get a 0.7ctw from a 0.4 ctw for the sake of $500

Shay you mentioned you had 'martini three prong RSG' What does RSG stand for? I assume it is the backings.

Thanks for all your help ladies, really appreciate it! :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 9:12:18 PM
Author: 82zcahv

Shay you mentioned you had ''martini three prong RSG'' What does RSG stand for? I assume it is the backings.

RSG- ready set go

I think .50 will be beautiful for a wedding too..

82zcahv

Rough_Rock
So The concensus is for 0.5ctw 3 prong Martini''s.

I will be asking for heavy friction backs when I order them.

I am still not completly decided between 0.5 ctw and 0.7 ctw.

My fiancee is 27 and so we are quite young, and my thinking was if I were to get slightly larger ones then she wouldn''t need to upgrade however if too large then she may not wear them so often.

I put one of her fake diamonds to me ear which is around 4.5 mm ( 0.35 carat), measured with a ruler!!, and it looked quite big/good against my ear. Just not sure.

They are both in my budget, but I can''t ask her which she would prefer. I guess if i go for the 0.5 ctw and they really do sprakle like every one says then no one will be able to tell, but the 0.7ctw i do like.

When she comes back....I will have to measure her ears suttly!

What do you think?.....what would you want if you had the choice?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just received diamond earrings as a gift from my husband, purchased from whiteflash, and I got to help pick them out. Mine are 0.68 tcw and I think they are perfect. We picked individual AGS certed stones so that we can upgrade if we want to later, but I''m not sure whether I ever will. I think they are a great size for every day. I haven''t posted pics yet but I will soon!!! There is a thread on show me the ring where you can see various size earrings in people''s ears. My friend has approx .5 tcw and I think hers are a great size for every day as well. I have never compared side by side so I''m not sure whether the size difference between ours are noticeable or not.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might want to take the size of her earlobe into account. If they are really small, you could go with the smaller ctw, but if they're average to large, and you can swing for the bigger size, I'd get them.

And yes gail, we're waiting.
11.gif
2.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well, here is a vote for the .70 ctw.
18.gif
I recently purchased a pair of 0.85 ctw diamond studs in martini settings and they are a great look for every day. I have blue diamond earrings that are 4 mm in diameter, and was looking for just a bit more pop. So, I know that either will work for her. My new ones are about 4.85 mm in diameter. They are really great. I got heavy set friction backs, and they are very secure. I think you are a great guy, getting these for her!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can swing the .70-.80 ctw, that is not too large by any means. That is a nice, small everyday size. I have WF earrings in the 4 prong baskets, but I also like the martinis.

82zcahv

Rough_Rock
Ok I think the consensus is swinging back to the 0.7ctw! :)

Following on from Ellen's idea Re: measuring her Ears..... so I measured my fiancee's ear when she was asleep. :) She has 6.3 cm ears... my ears are 7 cms. What size are your ears.....lol joke! :)

Thanks for all your advice so far, I think this thread is turning a bit bizarre, or maybe it is the alcohol talking tonight. Think I may consider the 0.7ctw as want them to be big enough so she doesn't need to upgrade ....and I think for the increase in the monies...it is worth it!

thanks for the advice so far...much appreciated

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 7:42:24 PM

Following on from Ellen''s idea Re: measuring her Ears..... so I measured my fiancee''s ear when she was asleep. :) She has 6.3 cm ears... my ears are 7 cms. What size are your ears.....lol joke! :)

Thanks for all your advice so far, I think this thread is turning a bit bizarre, or maybe it is the alcohol talking tonight. Think I may consider the 0.7ctw as want them to be big enough so she doesn''t need to upgrade ....and I think for the increase in the monies...it is worth it!

OK, now THAT''S funny.
9.gif
I''ve heard of guys measuring fingers....
2.gif

Sounds like a plan, go for the gusto!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 8:10:29 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/26/2007 7:42:24 PM

Following on from Ellen''s idea Re: measuring her Ears..... so I measured my fiancee''s ear when she was asleep. :) She has 6.3 cm ears... my ears are 7 cms. What size are your ears.....lol joke! :)

Thanks for all your advice so far, I think this thread is turning a bit bizarre, or maybe it is the alcohol talking tonight. Think I may consider the 0.7ctw as want them to be big enough so she doesn''t need to upgrade ....and I think for the increase in the monies...it is worth it!

OK, now THAT''S funny.
9.gif
I''ve heard of guys measuring fingers....
2.gif

Sounds like a plan, go for the gusto!
Wow, you belong on pricescope if you are measuring her ears!!! Folks here are always comparing finger sizes, etc. Funny!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Well, I haven''t measured my ears, but I can say that my earrings are almost the exact size you are considering and I am very happy with them. If they were a little bigger, I wouldn''t complain, but the price jump was pretty big for not a huge mm increase. This size was the right balance for me of budget friendly yet noticeable on the ear.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 10:29:33 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Wow, you belong on pricescope if you are measuring her ears!!! Folks here are always comparing finger sizes, etc. Funny!
No kidding!
9.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Since there is a big price jump between .7 and .8, budget wise I think . would be better. I think if you can swing it go for the .7. I think they will look larger than the .5 but give you more pop for your budget than .8.

You say you want these to be lifetime and have her never outgrow them. I think you can''t go wrong with .7. I was 26 when I got married, bascially the same age as your fiancee. And now I''m 38. I don''t thiink the size of . is too large at all for everyday and I think she will love them.

I say .7! Oh and avoid screwbacks!! I had screwbacks many years ago and they tore up my ears and they got infected it was awful.

If her ring is insured, you can add the earrings for a few extra bucks onto your policy.

I think its a super sweet gift and a great choice for a piece of jewelery.l Something she can wear proudly on your wedding day and after. Studs go with everything from jeans and t shirt to formal wear.

82zcahv

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I thought I would finish this story. I bought the 0.7ctw Martini''s from Whiteflash.

What do you think? I should recieve them in 2 weeks time after my money clears. These are the ones I am to receive.

I am hoping they are better in real life than in photos''s as look like they are I3''s!!!

What do you all think?

Thanks for your advice which helped me buy these. I hope she will like them.

ZC

WF martinis.jpg

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
They will be beautiful. I have .66 three prong martini G SI1s from WF and I love them. They are great everyday size and sparkle like crazy. She will love them.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic choice! We''re always going to steer you towards bigger if all other things are equal. They are beautiful - she''s going to love them. Thanks for posting the picture.
36.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Do the martini settings keep the diamond from drooping downwards? Is that why they are popular? or is it just a marketing gimmick to call them "martini" to make them sound cool. The drooping thing is a big reason why I have never bought them, didn't like that look.

Oh, and I was thinking about getting my daughter, early 20's, diamond earrings for Christmas, she would probalby like the martini? right? and I can only afford the .5 tcw and that is combining b-day, and a host of other things. I might not do it, depends on the bank account in November.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful choice. They will be stunning in person and will not disappoint you. I''m not sure why the photo quality is so bad in that picture. Wonderful job, she is going to love them! Hopefully you''ll come back with ear shots of her wearing them!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful! I have very similar ones myself so I''m a bit biased. I''m sure in person they will look better than in the photo. And yes, the martini setting seems to have a few main functions: Holds the diamond close to your ear, avoid drooping, and show lots of diamond/minimal metal.

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
they are GAWJUS!!!!!

when i got mine, i was torn between whether to get 4 prongs basket or 3 prongs martini.

Because mine are only small, and I dont think i would ever upgrade them (i am a horder) so the next time *fingers cross* if i have more money i would get a bigger pair like yours and go for the three prong martini, they look awesome!

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I am sure you will love them. When I got the photo for my earrings - I was sorta dissapointed too.
However, when I opened the box the stones were so bright and sparkely.

Congrats on the purchase!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 6:14:31 PM
Author: HappyAnniversary
Do the martini settings keep the diamond from drooping downwards? Is that why they are popular? or is it just a marketing gimmick to call them ''martini'' to make them sound cool. The drooping thing is a big reason why I have never bought them, didn''t like that look.

Oh, and I was thinking about getting my daughter, early 20''s, diamond earrings for Christmas, she would probalby like the martini? right? and I can only afford the .5 tcw and that is combining b-day, and a host of other things. I might not do it, depends on the bank account in November.
Yes, it''s not a gimmick!

And I think that''s a lovely gift for your daughter, great size and yes, I''d get the Martini''s.

To the OP, they''ll be stunning, no worries! And good job.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results