shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash has new website!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I search a lot on the diamond sites, and Whiteflash is one of my most frequently visited! I noticed they had launched their new site when I went the site today. When we went for a PS visit to WF back in February to see the Esperanza, they mentioned they were working on a new site. I will have to say, their months of labor have paid off because I think it looks GREAT! It's SO important to be easy to search and showcase the diamonds well. Love what I see so far! Just wanted to say congratulations to them for making a very attractive and user-friendly site! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it's so much better- I've been having trouble searching the website using my ancient iPad, there seems to be no problem with the new one. Back to many hours of happy browsing...... :appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed this earlier! So far, I like it but I did notice one thing IMO that I would change - it seems they no longer use the eye clean mark? So you have to scroll down to the details to find out if it is and it seems they use 'inquire' now instead of 'no' as an answer.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have played with the new site this morning and it looks and feels great! It's user friendly, very cohesive, and has lots of diamond information available for those new to the diamond world.

I also noticed the eye-clean emblem being gone and miss the easy access to information that is pretty important to us. Perhaps
they would be willing to bring it back?

Congratulations to the whole Whiteflash Team!!! :appl:

edit- ac17...the stones I have looked at have said Yes or No under eye-clean. These were ACAs or Excellent selections. Maybe
you were looking at virtual stones or something different though?

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you Janis for the kind words.
We are still kind of holding our breathe, as I am sure there are going to be bugs discovered. But so far nothing seems badly broken!

This is the most ambitious project we have taken on in many years - it has been a year and a half in development. In addition to new look and feel, we have improved navigation and shopping cart. We have also updated a lot of our key educational pages and created new content as well. But the biggest deal from a technology perspective, and the most challenging of all aspects of the project, is that the site is now "responsive". That is, the screen will morph depending on what kind of device you are using to browse the site. A desktop will contain all the elements, a tablet fewer, and a smartphone just the basics. At each level we try to optimize the experience by prioritizing what functions and visuals the user sees. Each page then had to be designed in several seperate versions. Portrait and landscape mode too!

We completed about 200 pages pre-launch, including what we consider to be all of our mission critical pages, and will continue to work through the others over time.

We welcome the input from the pricescope community - the most knowledgeable diamond shoppers on the planet!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
tyty333|1477498472|4090729 said:
I have played with the new site this morning and it looks and feels great! It's user friendly, very cohesive, and has lots of diamond information available for those new to the diamond world.

I also noticed the eye-clean emblem being gone and miss the easy access to information that is pretty important to us. Perhaps

edit- ac17...the stones I have looked at have said Yes or No under eye-clean. These were ACAs or Excellent selections. Maybe
Thank you TyTy!

Regarding the eye-clean info, we did elect to place the information in the specs table, and instead of a yes/no declaration, we now have a yes or "inquire" value. The reasoning behind this is that we capture more information about the eye-clean nature of every in-house diamond and our consultants have access to that info (and also can physically examine the stone). So customers can understand if it is eye-clean from the side, from closer range , etc. In many cases, just because a diamond is eye-clean by our default standard, customers want to insure that it is eye-clean by their standard. Conversely, just because a diamond is technically not eye-clean does not necessarily mean it will not be right for many customers.

As mentioned, we welcome the input and will definitely keep an open mind about any of the changes that we have made. Bottom line is that we want it to work for users!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1477498472|4090729 said:

I hope they are willing to bring it back!

When the entire search page is open and you hover over a stone, I do see Yes or No under eye-clean. When you clock on a stone is where I have seen 'Inquire'...see examples below, which were all ACA stones. I don't see this as a problem, just noting the difference! I think it is smart to say inquire because then customers can get a send of at what distance/angle and make the call for themselves.

_1488.png

_1489.png

_1490.png

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats Bryan- and the entire WF team- the site looks beautiful. Wishing you guys all the best with it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I see what you mean ac117. Did they all say "No" to eye-clean when hovering? I wonder if they want you to inquire about
how not-eye-clean it is so they can tell you specifically what they see so the buyer can determine whether it might bother them
or not. That would seem confusing though. Seems like it should still say "No" and maybe add "inquire for details".

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1477502043|4090757 said:
Yes, I see what you mean ac117. Did they all say "No" to eye-clean when hovering? I wonder if they want you to inquire about
how not-eye-clean it is so they can tell you specifically what they see so the buyer can determine whether it might bother them
or not. That would seem confusing though. Seems like it should still say "No" and maybe add "inquire for details".

Exactly - they all say 'no' while hovering and only 'inquire' once you click on it. That was my thought, too, and I feel it's a great approach bc not everyone is bothered by inclusions. :angel:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the new feature of searching only for ACA diamonds.

I don't see the term 'Super Ideal' for the ACA diamonds. Can I assume it was removed because its redundant in describing ACA diamonds?

Thanks

:wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to add that I like the currency conversion feature! :appl:

Is it possible to do something about the sad Canadian currency exchange rate? :(sad ;))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ac117|1477502284|4090759 said:

Exactly - they all say 'no' while hovering and only 'inquire' once you click on it. That was my thought, too, and I feel it's a great approach bc not everyone is bothered by inclusions. :angel:

Did you see Bryan's post above? I missed it the first time but it looks like that is exactly why they are doing the "Inquire".

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
december-fire|1477506061|4090785 said:

Is it possible to do something about the sad Canadian currency exchange rate? :(sad ;))
We've got our crack team of Whiteflash economists working on that exchange rate problem. :read:

I'm told they will get to it right after solving the US trade deficit. :wacko:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Texas Leaguer|1477506991|4090795 said:
december-fire|1477506061|4090785 said:

We've got our crack team of Whiteflash economists working on that exchange rate problem. :read:

I'm told they will get to it right after solving the US trade deficit. :wacko:

Wonderful! :dance:

But we're talking diamonds.

They might want to get their priorities straight.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks great, congratulations!

Just a minor point, the specs the crown angle have a percentage unit "crown angle %"

Also it would be great if on the mobile phone version it stated at least if it was an ACA or expert selection. Looks really nice though

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
gm89uk|1477508277|4090809 said:
Looks great, congratulations!

Just a minor point, the specs the crown angle have a percentage unit "crown angle %"

Also it would be great if on the mobile phone version it stated at least if it was an ACA or expert selection. Looks really nice though
Thank you! No such thing as minor points. They all count :geek:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1477506448|4090788 said:

Did you see Bryan's post above? I missed it the first time but it looks like that is exactly why they are doing the "Inquire".

Ahh, I was probably posting as he was so I missed that. Thanks, Bryan! And congrats on the launch!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ac117|1477509172|4090817 said:
tyty333|1477506448|4090788 said:

Ahh, I was probably posting as he was so I missed that. Thanks, Bryan! And congrats on the launch!
Thank you AC, and thank you for the feedback!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Bryan, very nice website and it looks beautiful.

So I'm going to preface this as I use a few tools that most people here don't.

I use ZoomText and JAWS on a regular basis. So I'm used to websites that are coded very badly that don't follow WCAG at all, and can generally be frustrating when these tools are on... Including one very popular search engine in this! I can read your new website way more than I can your old one :) and can get around a lot easier when I have these tools on. Thats a huge plus! There's a few areas where I got lost though, but not too many, thats always exciting for me being Accessibility is what I do for a living. Question: are your web guys using WCAG 2.0? A few things I expected to hear but didn't.

Again, beautiful site and congrats on your rollout!

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
I always found Whiteflash's site to be one of the easiest to navigate. I think now it is even better.

Bryan,
Just one small request that I think will fix everything:
Could you relocate Whiteflash outside of Texas so I don't have to pay sales tax on ACAs? :lol:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Arcadian|1477511784|4090837 said:
Hi Bryan, very nice website and it looks beautiful.

So I'm going to preface this as I use a few tools that most people here don't.

I use ZoomText and JAWS on a regular basis. So I'm used to websites that are coded very badly that don't follow WCAG at all, and can generally be frustrating when these tools are on... Including one very popular search engine in this! I can read your new website way more than I can your old one :) and can get around a lot easier when I have these tools on. Thats a huge plus! There's a few areas where I got lost though, but not too many, thats always exciting for me being Accessibility is what I do for a living. Question: are your web guys using WCAG 2.0? A few things I expected to hear but didn't.

Again, beautiful site and congrats on your rollout!
Thanks Arcadian.
I am not the technical person on the development team but I will ask. I do know from personal experience that if you have zoom set on your iphone that things get wonky! Not sure how many people have their devices set that way, or if they know they can change that setting to get a better browse on our site. These kinds of things we will be looking at now that phase one is out the door.

Web development is kind of like home remodeling. It's never really finished. One project simply begets another, or so it seems!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LawmaLlama|1477516031|4090880 said:
I always found Whiteflash's site to be one of the easiest to navigate. I think now it is even better.

Bryan,
Could you relocate Whiteflash outside of Texas so I don't have to pay sales tax on ACAs? :lol:
But the great state of Texas needs that revenue. Those highways have to be maintained and some of them are looooonnnnggggg!

From Houston to Los Angeles the halfway point is El Paso! Seriously.

Richardd

Rough_Rock
Website looks great! Always a pleasure when visiting the showroom. Perrys pork chop on Friday for lunch then a visit to whiteflash is a nice treat!

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Texas Leaguer|1477517886|4090897 said:
LawmaLlama|1477516031|4090880 said:

Bryan,
But the great state of Texas needs that revenue. Those highways have to be maintained and some of them are looooonnnnggggg!

From Houston to Los Angeles the halfway point is El Paso! Seriously.

Alright, alrighty, then I guess I'll have to move out of state temporarily when I finally get around to buying my dream ACA studs. :razz:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Richardd|1477518547|4090905 said:
Website looks great! Always a pleasure when visiting the showroom. Perrys pork chop on Friday for lunch then a visit to whiteflash is a nice treat!
Thank you Richard. You might just bump into Whiteflashers at Perry's on a Friday. The secret about the TGIF pork chop lunch special has been out for a while now :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is something new! If you look at their trade up policy page you can now trade up a designer setting (since your new stone
may not fit your old setting) and they will give you 50% of the cost of your original setting towards a new designer setting! I think
I read that correctly...Actually you dont even have to upgrade your stone. If you are just wanting a new designer setting you can
trade in your old WF designer setting and get 50% of the cost towards the new setting! Never seen any kind of setting trade up at any
vendor before...thats big! Nice option for those gents that picked out that tension setting that they thought their girlfriend
would just love! :lol:

http://www.whiteflash.com/confidence/lifetime-trade-up-guarantee

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great! For the longest time the mobile site wasn't working for me, I always got zero results when searching for loose diamonds even though when using the full desktop site the search results would say otherwise. Glad to see the improvements to the mobile site! :appl:

spurnoff

Rough_Rock
I really liked the Whiteflash website anyway but any improvements are a bonus and it looks good. The currency convertor is welcome change but seems to be a little half done at the moment as diamonds still appear in USD when searching, you don't see the conversion until you choose a diamond which can make it a little tedious to compare converted amounts on each individual diamond page. Ideally it would be nice if the currency was shown in the searched diamonds menu maybe along side the USD if the USD must stay. Also it would be good if you could search in your desired currency in the price option when searching by price as now it only searches in USD.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good to me--the overall color scheme is much more striking to my eyes! :appl: No problems using the mobile WF app as well! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results