shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash discount

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cr1973

Rough_Rock
I saw a diamond listed for $2435 here, from whiteflash. At the website, it's listed for $2497.. so there is apparently a discount if you are a pricescope member.

Whiteflash states there is a 2% discount if you pay by wire.

The whiteflash rep said that the $2435 discount price includes the 2% wire discount.

Anyone care to comment, or have any knowledge about this?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What exactly do you want to know?

WhiteFlash discounts for Pscope customers. The amount of the discount depends on the stone usually, and sometimes you may be able to get a little more off. From what I know there is not any SET amount on what they will give off, it really depends on the stone and their profit margin. You also have to mention Pscope to get the discount.

Good luck.

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I talked to Diamond Bob about that. I guess the company is assuming you will pay by wire to get that discount. Which I guess makes sense since credit card companies get a small cut from the transaction. I don't think they were missquoting you. If you decide not to pay by wire then you will have a little bump in price to offset the credit card's service fee percentage to WhiteFlash. I have not purchased anything from them, but from the times that I have talked to them they were more than accomodating with answering all my questions. I had wired money to another company for a diamond that didn't work out. At the end they returned that money via a company check. I guess it depends on how safe and secure you feel with the company and what they represent. For the most part, people here on this forum have had pretty excellent service with WhiteFlash. I don't think they would want to scam you especially since you could raise a ruckus as a consumer to the many places like this and elsewhere. Why not give them another call? Good luck. Let us know how everything works out if you decide to go with them.
2.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The discount you are mentioning is a discount for cash and that is something that most (if not all) Inet vendors offer.

Personally I think that having to mention PriceScope to get more money off is not a good idea as consumers now have to remember *one more thing* in what can be for a lot of people a stressful transaction. My personal philosophy is to keep things as simple as possible for the consumer. And what if they forget to mention pricescope during the transaction? Or what if the deal has already been done and then they mention pricescope after the fact? IMO I just think the best prices should be posted up front. Then if the consumer wants to negotiate a further discount and if the supplier has the room ... work from there. I'm not being critical of WF particular, I would say this no matter who offered it.

My .02c

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually the WF discount is NOT the wire discount...that is a discount for Pscope customers. So even if you pay by CC you get that price.

Rhino, I actually agree...personally I think their prices should be standard whether on PS or direct on their site, but I think from a marketing perspective, it gives someone the illusion that they are getting a 'better deal' than another vendor, possibly winning WF that sale.

So it's good in a way and bad in a way as well, as you mentioned...now someone has to remember they saw it first on PS to get the $$. On the other hand, when other vendors end up not wanting to discount, it actually makes WF look better. Tricky!!
rolleyes.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all:

One of the first questions all of our sales people ask when a customer calls or e-mails in is "where did you find Whiteflash?" The minute they mention Pricescope, the Pricescope price applies. The customer does NOT have to remember to mention Pricescope, because they are ALWAYS asked.

The Pricescope price is a WIRE price. I believe that this is true for most of the vendors on Pricescope, although I won't swear by it. 99% of our customers have absolutely no problem understanding that the Pricescope price is a wire price - margins are very tight with these Pricescope discounted prices as my fellow competitors can vouch.

For customers who find Whiteflash through other avenues aside from Pricescope, there is a 2% wire discount off the list price.

Yes, Rhino, it would probably be easier to just set one price - but then again, each company has its own approach. Our Pricescope customers are thrilled when they find WF here and qualify for a further discount.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results