shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash.com - Great Experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DK

Rough_Rock
Two days ago I received by FedEx delivery the diamond earrings I bought from Whiteflash.com as a Christmas gift for my wife.
With the help of Bob Hoskins of Whiteflash (aka DimonBob), who was terrific (and very patient!!) throughout the whole process, we picked out two "A Cut Above" H&A diamonds, each about a half carat and each E/SI1 in color/clarity -- a great match. It was a great experience and the diamonds (and the white gold settings) are absolutely fantastic! The beautiful crisp look of the stones and the flashes of white and colored light are truly amazing. It''s especially interesting to see how the stones look in different lighting. Even in subdued light, there seems to be a glow and a lot of sparkle in the stones.
Before buying, I did a lot of homework on pricescope.com and other sites. Although certainly still a novice, I got a good sense of ideal and superideal cut parameters (the sweet spot), the significance of hitting the crown and pavilion angles, hearts and arrows symmetry, etc. With all the numbers and charts and scope analysis that is available, the tendency (at least for some!!) is to obsess about getting the absolutely perfect stone. The nice thing about A Cut Above stones, with their high cutting standards and narrow parameters, is that it takes a lot of the uncertainty out of the process for the consumer, which is especially important for those buying over the internet. If you examine the Sarin reports on ACA stones, you will see narrow ranges of measurements, especially pavilion angles which are crucial. And I know they take great care in getting the facets just right.
One interesting story -- I took the earrings into a local mall store that carries Hearts On Fire diamonds and asked the clerk if I could compare the the 1 ct earrings I had just bought over the internet to the 1 ct. HOF earrings in the display case. She said sure, thinking that the HOF would be far superior. Without doubt, the HOF earrings were great diamonds, but the ACA were better -- bigger flashes of light!! The clerk wouldn''t admit to it (at one point saying "I don''t think these are ideal diamonds") but it was clear that the ACA stones were superior, and I know they knew it -- you could see it in their faces!!
I would recommend Whiteflash and Bob Hoskins without hesitation. A truly great experience!!

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
I love these stories. Thanks for taking the time to share it! You MUST post again after the holidays and tell us how she loves the gift. And pictures, please, please, please? Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting story about HOF and ACA...I always wondered how the two would compare!! I would LOVE to see pictures, did WF or Bob take any for you? I always love to hear about and see super ideal or H&A earrings, esp for around the *same price* as offline stores try to sell mediocre cuts.

Congrats and great eye!
1.gif
Please post pictures!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DK,

Congrats on your purchase with Whitflash and great experience you had on the forum. Please post pic's when your done. I was thinking of maybe getting Fianc'e some 1/2 carat h/si'1's for Christmas...
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results