shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash & Choosing 2 stones...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wjberris

Rough_Rock
Hi all --

I have 2 quick questions... first of all, I am planning on odering from Whiteflash today - I have not seen any negative comments on the board, and just wanted to be sure I will be dealing with a good, service-oriented, and reputable group... any comments?

Okay, here is the typical compare 2 stones question:

Number 1:
Princess 1.20 ct
G
VS2
Table: 65%
Depth: 74.6
Pol.: VG
Sym.: G
Girdle M-TK
Cutlet: None
$5827

Number 2:
Princess 1.20 ct
G
VS2
Table: 74%
Depth: 69%
Pol.: VG
Sym.: G
Girdle EXTN-SLTK
Cutlet: None
$5393

I know that #1 looks to be the better stone, but how much better is it than the second? I konw the table on #2 is a bit large, but other than that does it seem okay? I was planning on #2 but saw #1 this morning on an updated list -- so, would #2 be a good backup choice?

Thanks a lot for the help yet again!

Bill Berris
Modesto, CA

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
I have recently ordered from Whiteflash and so far have found them great to work with. Very much customer-focused, low pressure, and helpful. That's the quick version -- I'm planning on posting a long review of my buying experience some time soon.

I think if you look back over all the old messages on this board -- like I did before I purchased -- you MIGHT find one or two negative reviews of Whiteflash. I did. But, they seemed to be far and away the exceptions. 99.9 percent of the postings about Whiteflash have been extremely positive. And frankly, the way they those one or two unhappy people wrote their messages, I'm inclined to chalk them up to some unfortunate set of circumstances. I've found nothing at all wrong with Whiteflash or their product.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
Let me just say - I am NO expert and far from it, but I just checked out princess cuts here on pricescope
https://www.pricescope.com/tutor_fnc1.asp
and as far as cuts go I wouldn't buy either of them.

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
And let me also add that I cannot comment on the stones you are looking at, only on the service I received at Whiteflash. I wasn't purchasing a Princess, and I know absolutely nothing about them. I purchased an A Cut Above round.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
using #'s for fancies is a guide not an absolute.

ask them to take ideal-scope photo's and post them here
1.gif

DKS

Rough_Rock
I just recently purchased a princess (1.28 ct, E color, 72% depth, 66% table, 13% crown) from Whiteflash. It is a great stone, but I saw it first hand before purchasing.

You really need to see the stone to make your decision, and Whiteflash has a great policy on that.

Although I don't have pictures of the stone, the ring can be seen here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anybody-buy-from-whiteflash-lately.9073/

Take Gary's advice and have Mr. Gavin send you some more info.

Good luck, but I wouldn't waste my time with number two.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results