shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash and Morrell, what is the general procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wpeng1974

Rough_Rock
For those who have ordered loose diamond from wf and had MWM do the custom setting, how did you do it? I want to go this route, but have no idea how to do it. Did you have WF ship the diamond directly to MWM; or you received the diamond from WF, had it appraised independently, and then had your appraiser send it to MWM? What is the best way to do this? Please share your experience with me. I would like to know what most people do.After spending months of searching a ring for her, I am out of gas coming down to this final stretch of this process:) Please help!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it were me, I''d have WF send it to someone like Richard Sherwood, have him send it to mark, then have Mark send it back to Rich when he was done for the final appraisal and then have Rich send it to me.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 7:20:22 PM
Author: mrssalvo
If it were me, I''d have WF send it to someone like Richard Sherwood, have him send it to mark, then have Mark send it back to Rich when he was done for the final appraisal and then have Rich send it to me.
mrss., if he buys an ACA, do you really think he needs it appraised first?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d have WF send the diamond to MM and then have MM send it to the appraiser.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I bought my stone from WF and was fine with trusting the GIA cert. They sent it to me. I sent it to Leon Mege for the setting. Leon sent it back to me. Now that it is set, I will take it to an appraiser to get something for insurance. But a lot of folks feel more comfortable getting the stone appraised as soon as they buy it and having the vendor send it directly to an independent appraser. My stone wasn''t in the $20,000 category and I trusted the vendor based on their reputation. I would want to see the stone myself while I still had the 10 day return policy in force.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 7:33:36 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 11/21/2006 7:20:22 PM

Author: mrssalvo

mrss., if he buys an ACA, do you really think he needs it appraised first?

that''s just what I''d do. I trust wF completely but mistakes have been known to happen from time to time. I''d rather have the safety of knowing Rich saw it coming and going..

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I worked with WF and had my stone sent to the appraiser before the purchase. All you have to pay is shipping and then you don''t have to front the money for a stone if you decide not to purchase it. If you do purchase the stone, WF won''t charge you for shipping to the appraiser. You could then have the appraiser send it to MWM to be set. Obviously there is additional shipping charges for setting up the transaction this way, but there is also less risk because you know the stone is going to be exactly what you''re looking for.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hi wpeng! I am doing exactly what you are doing. I have purchased a stone from WF and am having MM do a setting. I got the stone sent to me first, because I wanted to see it first. I then thought I would send it to an appraiser who would then send it on to MM. However in the end I basically couldn''t be bothered and with the independent verification and the certs from WF I thought I would just get it appraised after it was set.

So I have sent it back to WF and asked them to forward it to MM with me paying for the shipping of course. MM will then send it to my appraiser when he is done.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any more q''s.

a

wpeng1974

Rough_Rock
thank you all for the great advice! I have contacted my appraiser and WF. After speaking with WF, I am now undecided as to what to do with the setting. MWM rings are very beautiful. The procedure is doable, but I may go with WF custom setting if I can find a style similar to MWM''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results