shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash and customer service

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

As many of you know, I was in the process of buying a stone and setting from Whiteflash, and had some problems with the setting. After a few miscues, I decided to change tactics and try to have the Whiteflash diamond sent to Dirtcheapdiamonds for the setting. I didn''t realize at the time that this would be a problem thread. When John from Whiteflash learnt that I was unhappy with the situation, he arranged to have the diamond shipped to David Atlas, and then to DCD (at a cost of $150+ to them) but of no extra cost to me. This was really beyond anything he had to do.

But because of some things that had happened, I decided to go back to my original plan, which was to have Whiteflash make the setting for me. Both Brian and John gave 200% to making the setting of my dreams. They sent me 2 CAD''s and patiently answered all of my questions. A pricescope member saw my CAD and said that they were beautiful. However, as many of you know, my beloved cat was attacked and killed by a dog while my boyfriend and I were discussing the setting. The event was very traumatic for me, and I would have always associated the event with my setting. That, along with the fact that I had always dreamed of a Leon Mege setting, made us decide to go wtih Leon.

So my boyfriend called WF and bought the diamond, forgoing the setting. Even though Brian had gone through considerable effort to make the CAD for me, WF reassured us that there was absolutley no problem with our decision. John even called us after we picked up the stone to ask us if we liked the stone, and once again to reassure us that they were happy that we were happy. He even told us that it was better if I got my setting from Leon because it was what I really wanted, and that Leon did excellent work!

So what I really wanted to say about WF is that there customer service is probably 98% of the time excellent. But what is even more important, and what says more about their company, is that they will 100% of the time do everything in their power to insure that their customer is happy
1.gif

As for my diamond.... OH MY GOD..... it is a gorgeous, gorgeous stone, and I could NEVER have imagined owning anything so beautiful http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1182545.htm I know the inclusions look terrible in the magnified image but John assured me that it was eye clean, and it really is. I could only see the inclusions under a high powered microscope and with certain contrast. My stone is being shipped to Leon Monday morning, so I hope to get some pics of the final product.

Thanks to Mrsalvo, CrankyDave, and Feydakin for all their support and insight during the process! And to John, Brian, and Renee from Whiteflash for all their hard work!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad WF came through for you and was understanding about your choice to go with Leon for the setting, in light of all the traumatic events surrounding the first go-round. The stone looks yummy.....dare I ask...what are you going to have Leon do? Something similar to what you had in mind before, or something totally different?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Allycat, you bought my stone. I have had my eye on the baby for quite some time. It''s looks super and with the MB
fluor
30.gif
A super diamond from WF and a Leon Masterpiece to boot. It doesn''t get any better than that. congrats and I cannot wait to see the finished product
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooooh my Ally!!! you know how i wanted a Leon too, but just can''t justify blowing that much cash on my ring right now- so I am SO excited that you are getting yours! I definitely think that''s a great decision. How can it not be?

so what is the plan for the Leon ring? same sort of idea?

i know you won''t regret this one. too exciting! CONGRATS on your leon-to-be
9.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Can''t wait to see pics when it''s done!
1.gif

Heather

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

I''m not sure what to do about the setting! I was really set on a Halo, but when I saw how gorgeous the stone was, I thought it might be a crime to have anything detract from the stone. But then some people (Firegoddess) have gorgeous stones and the halo doesn''t take anything away from it.

At this point, I asked Leon for a LOVEY, except with an RB. He gave me a price quote (I almost fainted), but when I recovered, my boyfriend and I decided to go with it. My boyfriend rationlized it the following way a) The stone I bought was WAY less then what he had planned b) He probably won''t buy a wedding band because I would like to use the eternity band I already have. So we could spend more on the setting. I figure since Lovey''s stone is a 1.5 asscher, but the dimensions are quite close to my RB, and the halo looks awesome, so it should be ok......by the way, did anyone know that a SMALLER halo costs more then a BIG halo? HOWEVER I''m not 100% set on the halo anymore. Honestly, seeing the diamond wowed me so much, and GingerBcookie''s Leon Mege setting, without a halo, is beautiful.

Mrsalvo: I didn''t know you were considering the same stone. Honestly, it''s so beautiful. I was a bit worried about the color, but Renee told us that we could probably go with a J and not tell the difference. In all honesty, I think I could have easily bought a J, I really see NOTHING, but the medium florescence, is just crazy beautiful. I''m never buying a diamond without flourescence!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear about your cat. Must be very heartbreaking!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ally,
i wasnt'' seriously considering it, just had my eye on it in case for when hubby is ready to buy
31.gif

however, do the bad influence of the site, i''m hoping to go right in for at least a 1.5
11.gif

i''m so glad the stone turned out as beautiful as I thought it would be
36.gif

You leon will be marvelous no matter what setting you end up choosing. I think a teeny tiny halo, like some of the one in firegoddess'' recent thread would look AMAZING with your stone. Just cover that baby with pave and you can''t go wrong.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally,
I am so sorry about your cat, that''s terrible. Now on to the good news, am so glad you found a beautiful stone. And a setting by Leon will no doubt be amazing!!!!
36.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Allycat, I''m sorry about your cat, that must have been so awful for you. But Im happy that your setting/stone issues are moving forward in the right direction. Can''t wait to see pics!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

You know it''s funny, a few weeks ago I tried on a 1 carat and thought it was WAY too big. Well yesturday I was looking at my 1.27 and I have to admit....it looked kind of small. Maybe it''s because it is a loose stone. My boyfriend took it away from me and is having it shipped to Leon tomorrow ASAP. Diamond shrinkage before it''s even on my finger???? Is that possible? I started saying to my boyfriend.....maybe we should have gone with the 1.7 we originally planned
9.gif
. I don''t know, maybe unset stones look smaller then set one''s
11.gif
I hope so because once it''s in the Leon setting... there will be NO upgrade.

Kmom, Kaliegh. Imurden: Thanks for the warm thoughts concerning my Cat. It''s still something I have a really hard time dealing with. Maybe because he died in such a violent way
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2005 9:32:44 AM
Author: allycat0303
......by the way, did anyone know that a SMALLER halo costs more then a BIG halo? HOWEVER I''m not 100% set on the halo anymore.
Don''t I know it! I guess the difference in cost of the diamonds gets eaten up by the more difficult labor required to set such small stones. It was surprising to me as well at first....till I got my rings back and saw how tiny those stones are...I could barely see the prongs, let alone imagine MAKING them!
6.gif

I don''t think you can go wrong with a Leon regardless of halo or not. Just a matter of personal preference. The lovey is a gorgeous and substantial setting with all that pave...it''s going to look amazing, and will likely rid you of your shrinkage problem, at least for awhile!!! If done well and in proportion (and with Leon it''s not a question), the halo will only add interest to your stone, not take it away.
1.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Firegoddess: Your halo is the perfect size for your center stone! I think seeing your ring as an ideal has made this setting thing even more of a problem! Leon said he could go as small as 1.2 mm with three sided pave, and scroll work for the halo. It souds alright to me (a dealer told me that was the size of the ritani endless love setting) which I have no problem with
9.gif
. I''m starting to get a bit worried about the Leon setting, I mean, will it be too much? I haven''t the slightest clue. Í don''t wear any jewelery. Just an eternity band, no earrings, no watch, no pendent. I don''t know if this ring is going to be a shock to my system. Seeing the pricescope rings is a really bad influance
11.gif
, you start wanting BIGGER.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
no way a Leon ring could be too much
6.gif
I don''t wear any other jewelry either. Just some studs every once in a while when I remember to put them on
20.gif
but i''m all about a stunning e-ring. there are a few others here who are the same way. I know how hard it is to make the choice when it''s time to actually make the purchase.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey ally,

Your new plan sounds fabulous! I'm glad WF was so wonderful & accomodating. I've heard wonderful things about them so it's not a surprise.

I think "the lovey" would look fabulous with your beautiful stone! (That's so funny that her ring has started such a trend! Little wonder...
30.gif
)

You know, I went through something similar w/ my taste since joining PS as well! Initially, I thought that the simpler the mounting, the better & didn't want anything that took interest away from my center stone. But I've seen so many beautiful rings on PS & came to love the halo mountings. It done well (again, no question w/ Leon!), it will add to your center stone, not take away from it.

Most of my other jewelry is very simple in design, but my e-ring will be more detailed & ornate. Every now & then I still wonder if it will be too much, but I really think having a uniquely designed e-ring will just make it all the more special.

A thought, though--do you plan to wear your e-ring & eternity band on the same finger? I've heard that sometimes the rubbing can harm the 3-sided pave...

Good luck & I can't wait to see your ring!
36.gif

ETA: icekid, you're ring's going to be amazing! I can't wait to see it!
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Mrsalvo: Well it''s too late now because I shipped my stone this morning! I figure I have a few days to decide what to do before I need to tell Leon
2.gif
. I''m a bit worried about it because the fed ex woman told me that less then 95% of packages get lost or stolen
6.gif
. I think it was meant to reassure me, but it made me worry a bit more!

Brigthspot: I''ve decided not to wear a wedding band. It will just be my e-ring. My boyfriend doesn''t mind, and I have an eternity band which I he bought me a while back, so I would like to use that as a wedding band. Isn''t your ring arriving any day now? I recall a LIW thread saying it was arriving soon! SOOO exciting!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sure as hell hope that less than 95% of their packages get lost or stolen!

I hope it''s less than 2%!
2.gif

Time for you to buckle down and pick a setting!!!
30.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Ally, so glad that things are progressing with the ring, how exciting for you! Can''t wait to see another Leon!! I''m sure your package will be fine, 5% lost packages sounds really high to me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results