shape
carat
color
clarity

whiteflash $400-500 price changes within 2-3 days?

cj2011

Rough_Rock
have all the stones on whiteflash gone up several hundred dollars within the last week? I was looking at 4 different whiteflash ACA diamonds and the prices literally went up 2-3 days after I inquired about them. On average the price jump is $400+ per stone is this normal? I'm surprised the stones went up so much in a short period of time and I'm wondering if all of whiteflash prices went up and if there is coupon code floating around on the internet- other wise I don't think their prices are competitive enough considering its a online whole seller- unless the entire market has seen such a high price jump within the last week or so the stones shouldn't be $3350 and within a few days $3800-3900

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When a vendor raises prices they don't need 2 or 3 days to do it; they go up instantly when they press a key on a computer.
Imagine how you'd feel if you saw the old price, then 5 seconds later saw the new price. :o ;(

It's all about when you happen to be looking, but yes diamond prices have been on an upwards march and all vendors are affected, though I doubt they time their increases so they all happen at the same instant.

I've read here on PS that it is mostly due to the growing middle class in India and China, which have huge populations.
While unfortunate for us diamond buyers in the "west", I'm delighted that the socioeconomic status of millions is improving.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vendors hold off on price hikes as long as they can, but it seems to me that when new stock comes in they adjust all the stock prices at the same time to reflect the prices they paid for the newest stock. So yes, it is normal, and yes, it is happeneing at all online diamond vendors. Some are holding out longer than others though!

Pecel

Rough_Rock
I wonder if the vendors are really happy with the prices going up. Although they earn more for every stone sold, they probably sell less. These days it must be easier to be a diamond vendor in Asia than in Europe or US, at least if you are a brick-and-mortar jeweler...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pecel|1306604689|2932546 said:
I wonder if the vendors are really happy with the prices going up. Although they earn more for every stone sold, they probably sell less. These days it must be easier to be a diamond vendor in Asia than in Europe or US, at least if you are a brick-and-mortar jeweler...

Their wholesale cost for the stones also goes up, so it's not a given that retailers make more money.

kdn2684

Rough_Rock
WhiteFlash increase the price on all their diamonds by 10-15% since last week. The cost of diamond has increase dramatically in the last several months. The price increase doesn't only apply to WF, every retail ( BlueNile, BGD, GOG, etc) has increase their price.

ptsun

Rough_Rock
lol at some point last week or the week before...after their price increase, all of price scope's search prices were lower than what showed up on the site!!!

yfzcentral

Rough_Rock
I got mine from WF about 6 weeks ago. I got it appraised (just the stone) 6 weeks ago and had it re-appraised last week because I just got the completed ring... the stone had gone up in "value" over $1.1k...Higher end diamonds are going up pretty quickly.

Same with gold :)

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
cj2011|1306599390|2932474 said:
have all the stones on whiteflash gone up several hundred dollars within the last week? I was looking at 4 different whiteflash ACA diamonds and the prices literally went up 2-3 days after I inquired about them. On average the price jump is $400+ per stone is this normal? I'm surprised the stones went up so much in a short period of time and I'm wondering if all of whiteflash prices went up and if there is coupon code floating around on the internet- other wise I don't think their prices are competitive enough considering its a online whole seller- unless the entire market has seen such a high price jump within the last week or so the stones shouldn't be $3350 and within a few days $3800-3900

Bummer. This is what happens when we try to book airline tickets. THE WORST! :angryfire:

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
kdn2684|1306608027|2932587 said:
WhiteFlash increase the price on all their diamonds by 10-15% since last week. The cost of diamond has increase dramatically in the last several months. The price increase doesn't only apply to WF, every retail ( BlueNile, BGD, GOG, etc) has increase their price.

I'm afraid KDN is right; all of us have had to adjust our pricing to reflect the significant increases in rough prices.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results