shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash .34 K VS2 ACA - Verismo Bezel Pendant

cettesaphir

Rough_Rock
Hi all! You may remember me from this thread where I was debating between purchasing a modest pendant for myself from either Peace & Carat (related to OWD) or Whiteflash:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-to-buy-whiteflash-vs-owd-peace-and-carat.271297/

Scroll down if you just want to see the goods :)

I ended up choosing Whiteflash because, while the Peace & Carat pendant was gorgeous and I think I'm an old cut gal at heart, I wanted to wait until I had an ER (maybe later this year? hehe) so my first (and larger) old cut would be extra special. I also chose Whiteflash because I liked the idea of being part of the club, having something that is "the best of the best", and of course the flexibility of the trade-in program.

The pendant will be worn 24/7 so I wanted something that looked good and sparkly all the time -- I think both necklaces would have done the trick, but I felt a little more peace of mind with Whiteflash just because I know the ACA diamonds are cut to perform.

Here's the ACA I chose: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4459139.htm

Becca at Whiteflash was patient with me and super helpful throughout the whole process! I originally chose the "full bezel" setting and it made the diamond look huge, especially compared to the Peace & Carat one. I liked the security of the more enclosed setting but it just seemed too large/bulky on me, as if the setting wasn't proportional to the diamond -- I'm sure I would've liked it a lot more if the diamond were bigger! It just didn't quite fit my style. It also kept flipping up/on its side, though in hindsight that probably would have been solved by a longer chain. Either way, I sent the pendant back and upgraded to the Verismo bezel - a thinner, stationary bezel (like the Peace & Carat setting) that's open in the back. While it's definitely daintier and has a little less oomph/presence than the other setting, I think it looks more proportional and lets the diamond do the talking. This one still kept flipping up due to a short (on me) chain, so I bought a cheap 1" extender which solved the issue! I'd love to upgrade to an 18k extender just so it's matching, but I'm going to wait until gold prices come down a bit.

So, without further adieu, the photos/video you're all waiting for!

IMG-1736b.jpg

IMG-1746.jpg

IMG-1748.jpg

IMG-1786.jpg

IMG-1770.jpg

IMG-1778.jpg

IMG-1779.jpg

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so beautiful on you! Perfect proportions. And I absolutely love your ACA--I have a K ACA as my daily pendant as well.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - great choice!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! You can't go wrong with an ACA!

cettesaphir

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much! :kiss2:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful!! I love the setting you chose!! It showcases the diamond perfectly.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful and perfect for 24/7 wear.

cettesaphir

Rough_Rock
It is beautiful!! I love the setting you chose!! It showcases the diamond perfectly.

Thanks! The 'full bezel' setting made the necklace feel like it was more about the setting itself, while the Verismo makes the diamond the center of attention, especially at this smaller diamond size. I've definitely been enjoying it! :D

I also forgot to include the glamor shots that Whiteflash sent me:

Full-Diamond-Pendant-in-14k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_67963_73070_a.JPG

Full-Diamond-Pendant-in-14k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_67963_73070_g.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful & looks perfect on you!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so, so lovely! I've been eyeing off this exact setting with a diamond in a similar size to yours, and it's perfect! Now I really, really love it :bigsmile:

cettesaphir

Rough_Rock
This is so, so lovely! I've been eyeing off this exact setting with a diamond in a similar size to yours, and it's perfect! Now I really, really love it :bigsmile:

Thank you! I am all in favor of you gifting yourself one as well :razz:!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the bezel setting for your ACA! So glad you chose this...it's a classic you can wear forever and even wear with longer pendants!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely!!!

cettesaphir

Rough_Rock
Love the bezel setting for your ACA! So glad you chose this...it's a classic you can wear forever and even wear with longer pendants!

Thanks, me too! I definitely plan on wearing it forever (or until I decide to go bigger ;)2) and show it off/mix with other necklaces once my office opens back up next month!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, classic pendant necklace! I think this is a very smart choice and you'll get tons of wear from it. The setting is perfect! Enjoy!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Perfect! Just perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results