shape
carat
color
clarity

White Themed Wedding - Too Boring?

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!

I am about to pull my hair out trying to figure out my darn wedding colors. Honestly! What is wrong with me?! I wish "diamonds" was a color. I'd be good at that one. :bigsmile:

So after going through the following combinations....

1) coral, peach, cream
2) orange and white
2) plum, lavender, green
3) mint, gold, white
4) Black and Gold
5) Blush and black

I've decided this is giving me more of a headache than I was expecting. Out of all wedding related stuff.... THIS is what I'm freaking out about?! I'm crazy honestly.

SOOOOO I have decided on a white themed wedding! With accents in gold. Simple enough right? Make it all white! problem solved.

My wedding will be November 1, 2014. Is a white themed wedding too boring? I think it looks elegant and beautiful but a few friends have told me you lose all the details and things look plain in white. :((

What do you think - can I pull the look off below the day after halloween? My venue will be a vineyard in napa valley. Please see pictures of the barrel room in white and let me know what you think.

Thanks friends!!!! X

barrel-room-web.jpg

fg-g7yvcom-zmyqpuhxtpq5pigmapbxm8owj45zlg8g_o1piukjouziupplqpvi_bk5vsl4vzoeia_nrc5lhss8.jpg

_8612.jpg

white_barrel_room_picture_4.png

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Here is the same room with a bride that did the color red and another as orange as their wedding theme - hence the table cloths. Thought this might help for comparison!!!!

orange_wedding_a.png

red_barrel_room.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not boring at all. Have you seen the wedding photos from Kim Kardashian's divorced marriage to Kris Humphries? It was beautiful, and it was all white,

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally think a white wedding (*remembers the Billy Idol song* lol) with touches of gold will look very elegant and really beautiful! It is a great choice and will save you a lot of agg to boot!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I completely agree...an all white wedding will be gorgeous. I'm pretty sure 4ever did something similar...all whites, creams, ivories, and gold, and it was stunning. Her wedding was at a winery as well...in New Zealand. And let's not forget that, at least from what we saw, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding was white on white (Kate's dress, Pippa's dress, and Kate's flowers...)

While your friends may have somewhat of a point about losing detail, that only happens if everything is the same texture/sheen/shade/etc. So long as, say, in your florals you have fluffy blossoms (peonies, for example) that contrast with a more structural bloom (ranunculus is the first one that popped into my head), or you place ivory napkins upon a white tablecloth, I think you will find it to be incredibly sophisticated and beautiful!

maple, your venue is gorgeous and it will be stunning with your white wedding theme! Enjoy planning!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just did a Bing image search and turned up some amazing pictures! Try looking for all white wedding with gold

Using different shades, textures, feels, etc looks just wonderful. I think it will work great at your venue!

One thing to keep in mind -- white stuff gets hard to find at certain times of the year. Make sure to plan ahead so you aren't stuck settling on something just because it is out of stock. (internet makes that easier of course since you can order pretty much anything!)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I agree! White weddings can be beautiful! Just be sure to play up textures and shades of white (or gold) and you won't be boring at all!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, your venue is BEAUTIFUL andi think the white theme is very complementary to the setting! :love: :love: :love:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Your venue is just absolutely gorgeous! I think your white idea is lovely, but if I had to pick a color combination, I'd go blush/black. It would be so romantic and the black would accent the barrels very well. If you are sticking with the white, you could totally pull it off after Halloween. I think it would be a great fall time pick-me-up and brighten everything up. I love the idea of incorporating textures too if you want to be a little more creative.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!!!

Thank you for your suggestions! I totally agree and see your point on the different textures if I keep it all white and it completely makes sense. I will definitely make sure I do that. Thank you ladies!!!

I'm glad you guys don't think it's boring. I thought it was so beautiful... and kept thinking of Kate Moss's wedding pics and those of others who have done white weddings. It's not so common in my family so I think it would actually add a touch of uniqueness. I find the colors so tranquil... peaceful... and they make me happy!

If I DO go with color theme after all... I think I have a back up option. Plum Rasberry and Gold. I did a horrible mock up of it below. Haha. I don't have photo shop... don't laugh.

plum_rasberry_gold.jpg

c5467b361a60df472aa82702136b6c24.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the all white theme for a NOv 1 wedding - we would have just been all 'orange and black'-ed out and before it really comes down w snow and the deep/jewel colours of the Christmas season --- an all white 'break' would really be calm, sophisticated and a refreshing change from Halloween.

I love the clean, pure, calm look of all white decor and this is a fabulous collection of inspirational pics you found.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1375928659|3498682 said:
I like the all white theme for a NOv 1 wedding - we would have just been all 'orange and black'-ed out and before it really comes down w snow and the deep/jewel colours of the Christmas season --- an all white 'break' would really be calm, sophisticated and a refreshing change from Halloween.

I love the clean, pure, calm look of all white decor and this is a fabulous collection of inspirational pics you found.

I really like that statement about the break from being "orange and black'ed out" and before the traditional deep christmas colors... white/gold being a nice treat and change!

I'm feeling more inspired by the minute!!! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results