shape
carat
color
clarity

White South Sea and Silver Tahitian Strand

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited to share my new wSS and silver Tahitian strand that Hisano designed for me :twirl: It all started with this pair of SoC pearls that are being made into dangle earrings.

screen_shot_2013-07-08_at_9.png

I asked PP if they had any smooth drop silver tahitians that might go with the SoC pearls and here is what they found.

silverblue_tahitians.jpg

The color of the SoC pearls were a lilltle lighter than the silver Tahitians (the other pearls in the photo are silver blue akoyas), so I suggested doing a mixed strand with Tahitians and wSS. I thought about going traditional with dark and light Tahitians mixed with the wSS, but this necklace of Natalie' Portman had been on my mind for some time.

screen_shot_2013-07-12_at_3.png

I sent PP the photo and asked them to use it for inspiration to create a strand for me. They sent me back two designs Hisano created.

silvertahitians_a.jpg
silvertahitians_b.jpg

I chose the second design and then we took a few pearls out to make it shorter and took out the largest center pearl to make it less graduated and ended up with the final design. They set aside the top two pearls just incase I wanted the strand longer.

silver_white_final.jpg

And here is the glamor shot of my finished strand :twirl:

stwssnecklace.jpg

And my new wSS earrings that I also had made up to wear with this strand.

finished_wss_dangles.jpg

More info on these earrings here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/white-south-sea-earrings-from-pp.192683/

I will have both pieces next week and will take some ear/neck shots when I receive them :geek:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

So exciting! They ALL look gorgeous and I can't wait to see them on you. The necklace is so versatile (and clever) too! Such a great idea. :appl: :appl: :appl:

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
so beautiful! can't wait to see them in person!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks icy jade and julie beth :wavey: I forgot to mention that the strand is 16.5" long and made up of 9-11.3mm pearls :geek:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek -- WOW! I think yours is nicer than the inspirational piece! This is a lovely set and I can hardly wait for ear/neck shots!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Be still my heart :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Love the design. :appl: :appl: :appl: Maybe I will need to do some remodeling with one of my strands now with your :appl: inspiration :naughty:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I'm drooling. That is insanely beautiful. I love everything about it.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1378583154|3516352 said:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Be still my heart :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Love the design. :appl: :appl: :appl: Maybe I will need to do some remodeling with one of my strands now with your :appl: inspiration :naughty:

Thanks so much, I am so flattered :wavey: Actually, I had been drooling over your silver pastel smooth drop strand since I first saw the photo of it and they would look absolutely GORGEOUS with some wSS pearls mixed in :love: :love: :love:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1378572863|3516280 said:
LitGeek -- WOW! I think yours is nicer than the inspirational piece! This is a lovely set and I can hardly wait for ear/neck shots!
mrs taylor|1378583292|3516353 said:
I'm drooling. That is insanely beautiful. I love everything about it.

Aw, thanks :wavey: you two are so sweet! I think Hisano did an amazing job :praise:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Just lovely necklace and dangle earrings Litgeek. I'm glad you got just what you were hoping for and how easy it was for you to have a custom one of a kind necklace. I love the customer service at Pearl Paradise. Their huge inventory of pearls gives you so many choices when you are designing jewelry. If they don't have it, they will find it if it's out there. Can't beat that. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Wowee! :love: :love: :love:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1378639032|3516706 said:
Just lovely necklace and dangle earrings Litgeek. I'm glad you got just what you were hoping for and how easy it was for you to have a custom one of a kind necklace. I love the customer service at Pearl Paradise. Their huge inventory of pearls gives you so many choices when you are designing jewelry. If they don't have it, they will find it if it's out there. Can't beat that. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you NL :wavey: I completely agree with you and have to add that PP took their customer service even further when they looked to another vendor to find the perfect settings for my earrings :praise: I can't wait to see what they bring back from their buying trip :naughty:

movie zombie|1378656260|3516795 said:
Thanks movie zombie! Any news on your Pompeii earring project? I can't wait to see them finished!

lorrissey|1378698693|3517067 said:
Thank you!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I can't wait for modeling shots!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
JaneSmith|1378784257|3517711 said:
Gorgeous! I can't wait for modeling shots!

Thanks! Hoping it will be here today :twirl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
My pearls arrived today! I waited and waited for the delivery until finally I gave up and decided to go for a run. You know that old adage "a watched pot never boils"? Well it was true today, haha, I got half a mile into my run and the FedEx truck passed me on its way to my house. Fortunately DH was home to sign for my package.

As soon as I got home I ripped open my package and while I was happy with my new pearls, I was not wowed. I also thought I remembered my blue-green Tahitians being much prettier (I had sent them back to PP to have them made shorter and just got them back with this parcel).The black velvet was doing nothing to enhance any of the pearls. I was too sweaty to try them on, so I left their box tops open to give them a chance to warm up and went and took a shower. It is very humid here today and the pearls warmed up and looked so different the next time I looked at them!

After wearing them for the afternoon/evening the pearls really took on a gorgeous glow and their colors really came out and now I am smitten :love: The smaller strand length (16.5”) fit me much nicer and are much more comfortable than the standard 18”.

The earrings are larger than I expected and SO sparkly :twirl: They are also heavier than I anticipated, so I just ordered some Lobe Wonder ear lobe support patches to help take the weight off my earring holes (these came highly recommended on another forum).

The luster on all of the pearls are out-of-this world and they glow beautifully. I wore my new silverT/wSS strand with the wSS earrings to my dd’s sports practice and I had a huge smile the whole time. Pictures to follow...

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
wss_self_1.jpg

wss_self_2.jpg

wss_self_3.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek -- Yay! Yay! Yay!

The pearls are gorgeous, as is your smile! I am so happy for you!

I think that black velvet just doesn't work well for pearl presentation, in general.

Wear your beautiful new necklace and earrings in health!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: such beauties. Tahitians are my favorites. (I guess that is why I have 9 strands) The earrings I bet will end up being your go to favorties. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
These are so fabulous!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Well done! They look amazing; the size, the length, the colour... all perfect!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love your striking new white SS and silver Tahitian necklace. That is just the sort of twist on a classic that makes it different and memorable and all yours. Looks great on you. Hope to see this often in the 'what I'm wearing today' thread as well. :wavey:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek,
Both strand and earrings are gorgeous. The necklace looks much better on your neck than the sample shots. Love the findings that you chose for earrings. So what happened to the SoC pearls?

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom|1378896736|3518503 said:
LitGeek,
Both strand and earrings are gorgeous. The necklace looks much better on your neck than the sample shots. Love the findings that you chose for earrings. So what happened to the SoC pearls?

Thank you! The strand is even prettier IRL! I do really love the earrings! They have just enough bling to dress them up, but not so much they can't be worn casual. The posts are super thick and do not give at all when slipping them in the ears. The SoC pearls will be set with special order findings next week :twirl: I am so anxious to see these pearls!

Fly Girl|1378873794|3518438 said:
Love your striking new white SS and silver Tahitian necklace. That is just the sort of twist on a classic that makes it different and memorable and all yours. Looks great on you. Hope to see this often in the 'what I'm wearing today' thread as well. :wavey:

Thanks so much :wavey: You will definitely be seeing lots of shots of this strand...I love the combination of the white and silver and it goes with just about everything in my closet.

jenncent|1378866065|3518385 said:
These are so fabulous!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Well done! They look amazing; the size, the length, the colour... all perfect!!

Thanks! Everything is perfect about this strand thanks to Hisano ~ she did an amazing job designing it :twirl: :twirl: :twirl: The process took a while because it fell right smack in the middle of her wedding and then honeymoon, but it was so worth the wait :praise:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1378858873|3518315 said:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: such beauties. Tahitians are my favorites. (I guess that is why I have 9 strands) The earrings I bet will end up being your go to favorties. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

9 strands ~ oh my!! Lucky pearl queen :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I definitely am a South Sea girl ~ tahitians, whites, goldens, I love them all! I do really love the earrings and definitely see them being my go to dangles.

bsomlo|1378858101|3518303 said:
LitGeek -- Yay! Yay! Yay!

The pearls are gorgeous, as is your smile! I am so happy for you!

I think that black velvet just doesn't work well for pearl presentation, in general.

Wear your beautiful new necklace and earrings in health!

Thanks so much :wavey: It is so funny how the pearls instantly change when you put them on!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek, Thanks for the photos of you wearing your new necklace and earrings. They are absolutely beautiful. What are your friends saying when they see you wearing them? If nothing then they either don't know they are real or are green. :mrgreen:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks NL :wavey: Ya know...I never do get comments on any my pearls other than dh and dd. Maybe they do think they are costume jewelry??? No matter, they make me smile from ear to ear :loopy:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
These silver Tahitians are total chameleons and look very blue today :love: The pastel overtones on the wSS are also amazing today! Try as I may, those beautiful colors just can't be captured with my camera :razz:

wss_self_7.jpg
wss_self_8.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I just :love: your necklace :mrgreen: were you wearing a blue top that is reflecting from the pearls or is it the over tone? Mine has pink and aqua which will catch you of guard when it pops off of the silver pearls.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1378965216|3519253 said:
I just :love: your necklace :mrgreen: were you wearing a blue top that is reflecting from the pearls or is it the over tone? Mine has pink and aqua which will catch you of guard when it pops off of the silver pearls.

The blue is an most definitely an overtone! There are mostly beautiful aqua overtones with pops of pink here and there. They are just incredible :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results